Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2017, 01:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tomtop.com

Dont know where to ask but this seems like a busy place. Is Tomtop.com a safe place to order a few heli and parts ?
theone2007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2017, 02:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2007 View Post
Dont know where to ask but this seems like a busy place. Is Tomtop.com a safe place to order a few heli and parts ?
ive used tomtop twice. once for a gyro i will not mention here and another time for a walkera devo 10 TX. No issues.

The DEvo TX came from germany so was here pretty quick and the gyro HK so usually hk times
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2017, 11:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs down tomtop

I had made many purchases from tomtop at first and didn't have any problems. then I crashed my heli and didn't have spare parts. not wanting to be grounded while waiting for parts, I purchased a second BNF heli from tomtop and when it arrived it had a bad tail motor. tomtop refused to replace the heli with a NEW, as paid for, BNF heli. after better than a month of haggling with them, they claim to have shipped a replacement and tracking shows a delivery, but low and behold, I never received a working helicopter from them. . . if your order and item goes smooth THE FIRST TIME, great. . . if there is any issues with order or item received. . YOU"RE SCREWED. . . tomtop just since the beginning of this year has received over 400 negative reviews.
ONE MORE THING THAT JUST ISN'T WHAT IT USE TO BE.

I will never purchase from tomtop again personally. I prefer getting what I paid for. And no hassle doing so.

$100 anal ream over a micro rc flyer dream.
RabbitDFFD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2017, 12:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've used them a few times but don't anymore.

As said before they are ok if everything goes to plan but a nightmare if it doesn't. Twice now I've ordered something that is advertised as shipping locally only to find it comes from China or Germany (very slowly).

If they get it wrong and send the wrong item (which seems to happen too often) it's a nightmare getting them to change it or refund the order. I get the impression that staff are too afraid of accepting liability for cock-ups because of the ramifications of doing so (whatever they may be) - I've had people practically pleading with me to accept a wrong item rather than sending it back - they won't reveal the return address either.

I steer clear these days and only wish that my requests to unsubscribe from their endless sales emails actually resulted in them stopping the constant emails. They're quite cheap though.

So many things to fly, so little time.
Crashalotjoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2017, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have ordered from them twice. Both times the item was listed as in stock in Canada. I ordered thinking the items would arrive in about a week. In actuality, it was a lie. The items shipped from the Netherlands or from China and arrived in 3-4 weeks. Do not use them unless a long wait is not a problem. YMMV
mgrezmer is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2017, 12:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Never even heard of them. Glad I didn't find them a few years ago, when I was first starting out Sounds like you should stay away from them.
Oxy 2, Gaui X3 #1, Protos 380, Gaui X5, Synergy 766, Specter 700
Oxy 2/X3/Protos 380/X5/766/Specter 700 Consecutive Successful Flights (Current) = 32/16/12/145/7/50
Consecutive Successful Flights (Max) = 145
macdad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2017, 02:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

As far as heli retail sites based in China, the best one I've found is Banggood. They are very up front about where things are shipping from, and quite accurate about how long it will take. I think I had one order out of about 20 that seemed to have been mis-routed and took an extra couple of weeks.

They also stock a ton of spares for all the helis they sell.

Finally, they are up front about what is a clone and what isn't. At least, when I was looking at the IMAX B6 from SkyRC, Banggood was carrying both the genuine one and a highly rated clone. The clone was clearly identified as such. Looking at a competitor's website, they advertised an "IMAX B6 Style" charger. One of the questions asked if this was a clone, which it certainly was. But the response was an intentionally misleading, "All the products on our website are genuine."
Old 07-12-2017, 11:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeah I just checked it out now, they all look similar to me. tomtop, banggood, gearbest, geekbuying, aliexpress etc etc. They all seem to have similar layout. Some of them have good prices on some stuff. Tempting...
Old 07-12-2017, 12:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbleguy View Post
yeah I just checked it out now, they all look similar to me. tomtop, banggood, gearbest, geekbuying, aliexpress etc etc. They all seem to have similar layout. Some of them have good prices on some stuff. Tempting...
Yeah, the difference is the level of service and aggravation you get from them. In my experience, Bangood, Gearbest & Aliexpress have been pretty good. I don't remember using Gearbest.

Tomtop, on the other hand, and their various and numerous eBay off-shoots have been pretty bad - I will not use them again as they won't own up to their mistakes (which are far too numerous), won't allow you to send incorrectly supplied stuff back and won't refund their mistakes (obviously PayPal gives you some protection here).

I recommend always using PayPal to pay for the goods with Tomtop as they seem to be scared of the threat of PayPal/eBay disputes. Better still, avoid them.

So many things to fly, so little time.
Crashalotjoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2017, 02:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Not arrived yet

Well I ordered a Helicopter of them on 29th Sept and was told 11 days delivery and I've not had anything yet. Sent an email chasing 3 days ago and no reply. The tracking info just says electronic notification received 30th Sept and nothing else.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2007 View Post
Better ask, what helis and what parts?
You may find same heli on other places, with better personal experience from all us.
salrica is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in