Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2017, 12:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for your hint BgSkyFlyr...
Very useful to me. I was short before becoming crazy...
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2017, 11:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickvangray View Post
So I got the firmware updated. Caleb over at hh walked me through it. I had to use the spektrum programmer instead of the spektrum updater and it took no problem.
Thanks for this. Surprised the updater does not work, but the programmer worked fine. Would have struggled longer if not for this thread
deonjams is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2017, 10:54 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

I ordered the programming cable for my 230s Night. It's flying well, but the cyclic rates are somewhat slow. Bumped the DR's with not much changes.

Is it advisable to flash the latest firmware although it's flying well?

Thanks,

David
davehour is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2017, 12:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Is it advisable to flash the latest firmware although it's flying well?

Thanks,

David
Personally, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

But, some have to have the latest just because it's there...... to each their own!
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2017, 11:19 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you people

I was also struggling to get a "new to me" 230s updated from v4.1rc0 to 4.36rc0 using the updater.

The programmer worked like a charm, thank you fellow Helifreaks!!

MB
Old 02-15-2017, 02:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to hear, is your swash level at zero throttle (stability/normal mode) out of curiosity?
AndyO is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2017, 04:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyO View Post
Good to hear, is your swash level at zero throttle (stability/normal mode) out of curiosity?
Hi Andy,

Yes, I 90'd the servo arms and then adjusted the swash links to get the swash level and the grips at 0° pitch before I updated the FW.

I have flown it, and it flew o.k., but it wanted to roll left all the time when not in stability mode, hence the desire to update the FW as I couldn't get it to go into calibration mode, I think the 4.1 FW version didn't have that option.

On the bench, it now wants to roll right as soon as I switch out of stability mode, but I think that's probably normal as it will lean a little to the right when in the air.

Next chance I get, I'll give it another flight and see how it goes!!

MB
Old 02-23-2017, 05:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickvangray View Post
When I try and update the firmware in the 230s it says "Erasing and programming device...
The SAX file version is not supported."
Wth does that mean? It says I am currently on 4.1rc0.
Any help is appreciated.
R/ Nick
I had the same problem with my 230s. Blade support says don't update the firmware.
rjabend is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2017, 11:18 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just updated my FW to 4.36 (12/2016). I had to use Spektrum Programmer from BgSkyFlyr's post (Thanks for that!) but wasn't getting the Program to recognize the receiver. I tried BgSkyFlyr's steps and still no go. What I did to finally get it to work:

1. Disconnect everything (USB and batts)
2. Launch the Spektrum Programmer
3. Connect USB (SPMA 3065) to computer
4. Connect SPMA 3065 to bind port of AR636
5. Connect the flight battery to ESC.

After that, Programmer recognized the AR636 and updated to latest version. Thanks to all!
Old 07-17-2017, 09:55 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am receiving the exact same error message and have been using the Spektrum updater..( I followed the JJ inverted youtube video ) ....can someone please tell me how find the Spektrum " programer " so I can give that a try.....thanks
garyv440 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2017, 03:02 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure if you have registered on the SpektrumRC website, but if you have, and you have registered your AR636 then you can go to the firmware updates section and a link is in the update instructions text, I'll paste it below but I am not sure if it will work for you

http://spektrumrc.cachefly.net/apps/...rogrammer.html

If it doesn't, you are welcome to pull the .exe files from my dropbox link below, if that helps

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i8b9apora...d5VSkrWca?dl=0

(hope that works)
Old 07-18-2017, 03:05 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

PS: I haven't messed around with the FW update process for a good while, but I think I found it worked best if you connect the USB cable to the PC/notebook before opening the software, then check that the "cable connected" status is shown before plugging into the AR636. I'm sure there's more than one way to get it to run smoothly though.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:20 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyO View Post
PS: I haven't messed around with the FW update process for a good while, but I think I found it worked best if you connect the USB cable to the PC/notebook before opening the software, then check that the "cable connected" status is shown before plugging into the AR636. I'm sure there's more than one way to get it to run smoothly though.
Andy...I followed your advise and finally got it....FYI to all interested...I was unable to use the Spektrum " updater" because I kept getting error messages.... but found the Spektrum " programmer " software to install the updated firmware nicely....I then did a trim flight and now my 230S seems very stable....thanks again....Gary
garyv440 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

:thumbup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in