Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora

Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora Avant Mostro, Aurora, Electric eAurora, RigidCore Flybarless Head, Avant EFX and Avant FX Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2006, 06:40 AM   #61 (permalink)

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

There was a crowd creaming over Marcus's Aurora at Black Sheep. The heli is one of the best looking helis I have ever seen, everybody says that it is gorgeous!!

Randy "lakespinner2" took this photo, his gallery is http://www.flyupyours.com/bsheep/index.htm#67

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2006, 06:48 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

thats the hardest tease right there,,,, are there different gear ratios available? like for a ys or an os engine?
R-4-L is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2006, 06:57 AM   #63 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I have no idea Ali, but I do know what you see in the pic above is one Avant and one Aurora both with the programmable head. Man they are HOT looking.

Kinda like a Ferrari, they look fast and furious even sitting on the table with the blades folded.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:27 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you guys like looking at the machine, I'd check out www.teambob00.com. Robert has taken a number of pictures of his machine and posted them on the site. Certainly a beautiful machine to look at.
Kinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2006, 01:01 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That picture is gorgeous. It seems that lately people have been taking very artistic photos at funflys.
I like Marcus' Red Ninja canopy style so much that I had mine painted very similar.

Augusto.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:06 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi

The anounced ratio is 8.25 which seems to be ideal for both OS and YS engines. I'm using the 8.45 ratio on my Freya and YS91 and although powerful, I feel the engine is screaming way too much for my taste. The 7.92 ratio is too low for the YS to get in its right powerband.

Tony
Old 09-20-2006, 01:08 PM   #67 (permalink)

I'm building one right now. It's such an easy build it's not even funny. I had the whole thing together in a couple of hours( minus the tailboom assy.) I have very little room to manuver the heli with the boom on. My favorite part of the build was installing the fan hub. I screwed it on and didn't even bother to dial indicate it. I like the fact that I can drop the engine and not have to remove the clutch stack like I do in my Avant FX. the fan shroud is sweet looking also. I have the VH on but it looks like if you run the OEM head there is no need to cut the shroud. I only had to remove a little bit of it to clear the hatori header. The T/T ends are solid. There is no play what-so-ever in the ends. The tail gears are super smooth and spin with no effort at all. The oneway is sick. This thing looks like it was German engineered. I compare it to the Hirobo oneway only better. It spins just as effortless as the tailgears. I'll let everyone know once I get some stick time on it.
mevigavant is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2006, 06:04 PM   #68 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Where did you get it mevigavant?
Old 09-20-2006, 07:04 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There are a few of them out for survey as Augusto posted over on RR.

I'm sure it will be one heck of a machine. Augusto is not known for doing things shoddy.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:13 PM   #70 (permalink)

I was one of the few lucky customers that was able to get one. The production version is going to be of the hook.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:12 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

mevigavant was one of our first customers when we released the first avant FX.
We wanted to rely not only on pro-pilots but also on regular customers that were knowleageable enough from experiences with many brands of helis to be critical of problems they could find so early on we contacted several customers and made them a part of the testing program. People like Juan (mevigavant) or Tony Chen or the Teambob00 crew to name a few are simply invaluable to us.

There are many Auroras out there being tested by regular customers in many local fields. We are fine tuning parts based on their feedback. Regular customers introduce a lot of variables and less than ideal parameters that make their feedback more valuable from the point of view of foolproofing a kit than the one you get from the pro-pilots. Pro-pilots are used to fix things and go fly the helis. We get a lot of feedback from them that has more to do with the performance or different configurations they test and so forth as well as improvements ideas from their experience.

Between the two we get a wide range of feedback that's invaluable accross the whole spectrum and we are thankful to them all for their hard work.

Augusto.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:58 PM   #72 (permalink)

i doubt you could choose me as a test pilot augusto
MD3DNT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2006, 12:49 AM   #73 (permalink)

It's also much easier to remove the main gear now. you no longer have to remove a side plate to remove the main gear. the engine now comes out without having to remove the bottom plate.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:45 AM   #74 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Sounds like you are thoroughly testing the machine, that is GREAT for the end users!!
Old 09-21-2006, 04:06 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I take it that the aurora is considerably different from the avant EFX mod.. I thought that most parts were going to be the same as the mod.. this is good.
R-4-L is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2006, 11:30 AM   #76 (permalink)

Some of the parts are the same i.e bearing blocks, bottom plate, head, and mainshaft. Everything else is different.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:05 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Parts that are the same are the CCPM system, the Programmable head, the main shaft, the bearing blocks and spacers. the motor mount.

Other than that all carbon parts without exception are different, the whole drive train such as pinion, bell, clutch, main and constant drive gears, pickup gear, tailgears, torque tube system, tailcase, tail blade related mechanisms, sprag clutch system, main hubs, main sleeve, input and out shaft, tail output shaft, tailhub, bladegrips, fan, fanshroud, fanhub and too many more parts to list here are all new.

Augusto.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:08 AM   #78 (permalink)

why no header tank on the aurora?
MD3DNT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2006, 05:43 AM   #79 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Probably because they are usign a Cline regulator or a pumped engine with a Fuel Magnet. No header tank needed. Header tanks are all but gone from 90 sized machines these days due to pumped or regulated motors coupled witht he fuel magnet which is fantastic.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:28 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Header tank not needed because...

- as Will explained, the fuel magnet is the preferred way to go for pumped / regulated 90 sized motors

- the fuel tank is huge (22oz I think). I get 10 - 11 min per tank compared to 8 - 9 min I've grown accustomed to with other 90 sized helis. I find no need to carry the extra fuel

- rear mounted tank makes it easy to see how much fuel is left

One could be installed if wanted, but most will get by fine without it.

- Rob
bob00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in