Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2017, 04:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default T-Rex 250 Tail holder ( New vs Old )

Hi, simple question here, are they any differences between the old and the new T-Rex 250 Tail blade holder. I know the new one is black and the older is silver but anything else ? I have both and I am wondering wich one should I install on my 250. I have a T-Rex 250 SE with DFC Head

Part number :
Align Trex 250 New Metal Tail Holder Set - Complete Trex 250 Series
SKU: H25095A

Thank you !
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2017, 10:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't recall Align having a Silver tail holder, Micro Heli and Tarot had silver ones.

But from the Old Align T-Rex 250 they had a tail holder that did not have the bumps on the side acting like Chinese weights.

Last edited by QueadlunnRau; 09-15-2017 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: showing pic of the old tail
QueadlunnRau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2017, 06:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you for taking time to awnser. So if mine is silver chances are it is not an Align part. I got my 250 used with the silver holder installed. I tought the older 250 like the SE had the silver holder. I had the black one with the little bumps on it, so I have installed it but did not try it yet. What are the benefits of the new holder ? Will I notice a difference ?
jenfre is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2017, 08:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now I can see it.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The newer style with the bumps was Aligns solution for those of us who modded the bird using Chinese weights (heavier nuts and or bolts on the tail to make the tail hold better.)

Does it work better? For me, I'm not sure, my 250 has always had a great holding tail since I got her as a v1 SE flybarred back in 2010, however I just started flying then so I couldn't notice the difference, hell I probably can't notice now.

So many people were doing the chinese weight mod back then however that Align took notice and modified their tail holder so I would use the new one regardless, that and I'd ditch that silver one, just cause in your close up it looks pretty tired.

I couldn't find an Align silver tail holder part number using the googles nor in the past manuals I've downloaded, leading me to believe that is not an Align part, but again I could be wrong.
QueadlunnRau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2017, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueadlunnRau View Post
The newer style with the bumps was Aligns solution for those of us who modded the bird using Chinese weights (heavier nuts and or bolts on the tail to make the tail hold better.)

Does it work better? For me, I'm not sure, my 250 has always had a great holding tail since I got her as a v1 SE flybarred back in 2010, however I just started flying then so I couldn't notice the difference, hell I probably can't notice now.

So many people were doing the chinese weight mod back then however that Align took notice and modified their tail holder so I would use the new one regardless, that and I'd ditch that silver one, just cause in your close up it looks pretty tired.

I couldn't find an Align silver tail holder part number using the googles nor in the past manuals I've downloaded, leading me to believe that is not an Align part, but again I could be wrong.
Thank you for your awnser, the silver is sloppy and tired like you said. I was thinking of replacing it with a new one when I saw there was already one in the spare parts that came with the heli. I was wondering why it was not already installed tought. Maybe something not good about it but know that I read your explaination everything is clear ;-)
jenfre is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in