Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 04:05 PM   #1061 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Who is battling? What will be the result?
Jasmine2501 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #1062 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine2501 View Post
Who is battling? What will be the result?
---------------------------------- Weak vs Strong ------------------------------------------------------

Tarot 250(autobot) ---------------vs------------------- Cheapie Ebay250(decepticon)

Headspeed: 3500----------------------------------------- Headspeed: 4500
Tail Servo: Fusonic HB-D-02-------------------------Tail Servo: Turnigy DS480
Lipo: 2S 800mah-------------------------------------------Lipo 2S 800mah
Cyclics: HXT900------------------------------------------- Cyclics: Esky 8g digitals
ESC: TGY 30A---------------------------------------------- ESC: Pentium 30A
Motor: TGY 4500KV-------------------------------------- Motor: FF200 5000KV(z-power clone)
Gyro: GA-250 -----------------------------------------------Gyro: GA-250

The ultimate test The 250 Tail Slide.

Only one will remain in hover, who will remain hovering in victory, we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #1063 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well the one on the right has NOS - so it should be faster
Old 02-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #1064 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here's mine:

Yea, I know the tails backwards at the moment, but it tested well.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #1065 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcwolf View Post
By "tested well", you mean it flew OK with the tail running backwards? I wouldna thunk it'd do that.

--Al Evans
Old 02-02-2011, 03:10 PM   #1066 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcwolf View Post
Here's mine:

nice, and yep that goes the same if you do it to the paddles, but it wont fly properly if you try it with the main blades
Old 02-02-2011, 03:13 PM   #1067 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Work surface

Marcwolf showed a larger one of these in one of his threads, and I ordered one. I've been using it for a few days, and it's great!

I got the 12 X 18" size, which is the same size as the green cutting mat I'd been using. This one is a lot better because:

1) It has a raised foam ridge all the way around, which keeps small parts from falling off the edge.

2) It has little bins along one edge, of a very nice size for temporary storage of TRex 250 bits and pieces,.

3) It is very slightly magnetic, enough to keep parts from sliding easily, but not enough (for example) to keep me from picking up a tiny washer with a wetted fingertip.

4) Finally, it's white, which makes things easier to see -- I had gotten in the habit of keeping a blank sheet of paper on my old work surface, just to improve the contrast.

You can get 'em here:

http://www.cowrc.com/cow_rc_new_site_028.htm

Shipment was quick, and I'm more than satisfied with the product.

And you can tell the makers are real hobbyists -- they even included the cut-out foam bits, with the release paper still covering the adhesive. I don't know what I'll use 'em for, but I'm sure something will come up!

--Al Evans
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P2021480web.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	205725  
Old 02-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #1068 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is it basically one of these with a raised edge? Cuz I could make that for about $10 a pop, and charge you guys $90?

http://www.cutting-mats.net/1067.html
Old 02-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #1069 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine2501 View Post
Is it basically one of these with a raised edge? Cuz I could make that for about $10 a pop, and charge you guys $90?

http://www.cutting-mats.net/1067.html
Well, I did mention that I used a green cutting mat before, and this is much better.

The product cost was $29.99, including a cool vinyl bag that would be good to have if I actually went somewhere else and worked on my heli. Shipping (Priority Mail) was an additional $11, which is less than it cost them (the amount is on the package).

Oh, did I mention that a) it is white and b) it is magnetic? I find both of these attributes very useful.

Jeez. I promise I won't care if you don't buy one.

--Al Evans
Old 02-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #1070 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_evans View Post
Marcwolf showed a larger one of these in one of his threads, and I ordered one. I've been using it for a few days, and it's great!

I got the 12 X 18" size, which is the same size as the green cutting mat I'd been using. This one is a lot better because:

1) It has a raised foam ridge all the way around, which keeps small parts from falling off the edge.

2) It has little bins along one edge, of a very nice size for temporary storage of TRex 250 bits and pieces,.

3) It is very slightly magnetic, enough to keep parts from sliding easily, but not enough (for example) to keep me from picking up a tiny washer with a wetted fingertip.

4) Finally, it's white, which makes things easier to see -- I had gotten in the habit of keeping a blank sheet of paper on my old work surface, just to improve the contrast.

You can get 'em here:

And you can tell the makers are real hobbyists -- they even included the cut-out foam bits, with the release paper still covering the adhesive. I don't know what I'll use 'em for, but I'm sure something will come up!

--Al Evans
Nice job! This is probably one of those investments you'll be glad you purchased. I originally got mine when I was racing Mini-Z cars as it was the perfect size for it. Now that I'm doing helicopters, I wish I gotten the bigger set. But, this works well for my small birds. And the magnetic backing is very nice as you said, the screws and metal bits stay in place. I recommend you keep the smaller compartments facing the table instead of facing you.

Not everybody has to have one, but for those of us who do have this mat, we sure like it!
Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #1071 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Oh for some reason I thought we were looking at something way more expensive. I understand why you like it, but white actually annoys me as a background color - I prefer to have ridiculously bright lights instead.

And here's the real reason I'm asking for more information about the product. Just a couple nights ago, I filmed the beginning of a "general purpose helicopter building" video, and one of the things I showed is how I set up my work area. I use shop towels at the moment, and a mat would make things look nice. It would be worthwhile to re-shoot that segment of the film, if there was a product I could show, which makes the work area easier to work in.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #1072 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You might want to try AtomicMods.com. They sell a jumbo-sized mat that might work for your needs. It comes in black, and two other brighter colors, and in two sizes. The mat is made from a separate company by same name, Atomic who makes a bunch of aftermarket parts for RC cars. I think they have it in orange and green, but can't remember exact colors. I got their small black one before I discovered the magnetic one.
I now use the small black one for my computers keyboard and mouse.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #1073 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_evans View Post

You can get 'em here:

--Al Evans
hmm magnetic. that's nifty. that would save a lot of those little screwz falling to the ground, and never to be found.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #1074 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got some winter flying in! My first attempt didn't go so well, this time the temperature wasn't as cold so everything worked much better:

bwoollia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2011, 10:57 PM   #1075 (permalink)
Registered Users

very nice brian, I might have to try out a set of those blades. It really brings out the bird.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #1076 (permalink)
Registered Users

My new flybarless 250:

Using the Walkera RX2702V receiver / 3-axis gyro from wowhobbies. They provide a nice 3 page manual that is essential in setting this thing up correctly. I had to run the elevator servo on the opposite side from the stock configuration.

I stashed the esc under the battery tray. Anyone think this will be a problem? I know the stock configuration is to have the esc on the side or bottom of the frame, but I want to keep it clean and concealed where possible. After one flight it wasn't overly warm.

Using the Microheli flybarless head. About half the price of the stock Align parts and you can get it fully assembled instead of having to buy the parts.

Love the look of the carbon fiber taill boom!

Video here (processing, should be available soon) [ame]http://vimeo.com/19573440[/ame]

I was a bit nervous at first and it started to get windy so I kept the flight short and to simple hovering around. I increased the aileron gain a bit and it seems very stable and predictable in roll and pitch. The tail is a bit twitchy but seems like it holds well. Maybe the gain is a bot too high on the tail?

It sounds like it running really smooth too. Very quite and without any noticeable vibrations. I will be curious to see how it compares in flight time and power to my stock flybar 250.
Designbydave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #1077 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Very nice looking heli Dave!
Old 02-05-2011, 12:53 AM   #1078 (permalink)
Registered Users

One last winter flying video. No more after this, I promise.

bwoollia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #1079 (permalink)
Registered Users

Trex250se 3G
eddiepierre is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2011, 02:37 AM   #1080 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are those wires touching the motor?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in