Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helidude3 View Post
wow, I was used to flying my blade cp pro so I had them cranked up as high as they would go. 70ish, but then it was binding so now I have lowered them all to 65 but I might get he lighter paddles for some even faster tricks.
i think you may still find some binding at 65 i have mine at 50 and there is not a lot of room on either end. i think someone suggested the Gaui 200 paddles for faster flipping.
traeside is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 10:48 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine2501 View Post
Yeah you really need to throw in maximum collective and then move the cyclic out to all four corners and make sure nothing is binding. If you used the stock servos, 60% might be a bit much. You could try some flybar weights... I would avoid using too much expo, because then you're having to move the stick all over the place, and getting a reaction from the thing becomes a lot of work.
+1 for flybar weights. Expo just makes your heli less responsive to control inputs so it may feel less twitchy but it's no more stable. The gyroscopic effect of the weights will actually dampen the heli against twitchiness from you or from wind or anything else.
- FBL UH-1 Huey | Thunder Tiger kit with RJX head & Skookum 720 - Current project
- JR 9303 TX
ttruttmann is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2009, 09:38 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Jasmine,

First of all thank you for the videos, this would help me heaps for my build. Btw is there a flight review video? I might of missed it. I will keep a look out for many more build videos that you might make later on. Keep it up! Your doing good.

Thank you

Paul
walkera4g3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2009, 11:38 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkera4g3 View Post
Hi Jasmine,

First of all thank you for the videos, this would help me heaps for my build. Btw is there a flight review video? I might of missed it. I will keep a look out for many more build videos that you might make later on. Keep it up! Your doing good.

Thank you

Paul
Well, I had the old tail hub, and I had major issues getting it working right. I did get it working right though, and then I had trouble getting someone to film it. I got a lot of film like this first one, and then my son came out one day and he was able to get it pretty good in the second video. The heli flies good, but it's not like my bigger ones. Finless did a flight review and found the same thing - basic verdict is that it's fun to fly but it's a novelty heli, and it's moody, can be mushy in the wind, and don't spend your whole life trying to get it to fly like a bigger one. It takes some getting used to, and you'll think it's twitchy and powerful at first, but after a while I found it to be kind of mushy and weak - I just put the 16 tooth pinion on tonight. Carbon blades are a must.

Trex 250 too fast, LOL! (4 min 52 sec)

Trex 250 not so fast this time! (4 min 55 sec)
Jasmine2501 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2009, 11:46 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

BTW... not a build video, cuz there's nothing to build, but I'll have a video review of the Blade mSR coming up. If you subscribe to my channel you'll be able to catch it. I won't post it on this thread. It is a cool little thing - flies weird for a single rotor.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:07 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine2501 View Post
BTW... not a build video, cuz there's nothing to build, but I'll have a video review of the Blade mSR coming up. If you subscribe to my channel you'll be able to catch it. I won't post it on this thread. It is a cool little thing - flies weird for a single rotor.
Super Kool that will be my next heli! I have the BMCX, and I love it. I can't wait for your review on the bmsr. Subscribed on your channel thank you
walkera4g3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2009, 06:05 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jasmine
I had to change my main shaft and have a question. In watching your video, you mention a spacer that goes on first. Is that the brass colored spacer on the main drive gear or is there another spacer used? Thanks!
rightflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2009, 07:19 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There is the brass spacer on top of the main gear - that one is easy to lose, so I mentioned it. There is also a flat washer on the bottom of the gear.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:20 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 250

Thanks. Your videos were a BIG help!
rightflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2009, 03:14 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Jasmine!!!

Those videos were a HUGE help.

I was a bit worried coming from E-fite 4CH Blades to a small CCPM, but these videos really helped calm my nerves and dayam I am not regreting my Align T-Rex 250 choice!
QueadlunnRau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey no problem! I was building it anyway

Good luck!
Old 12-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

And for the Dutch people ;

http://www.modelbouwforum.nl/forums/...per-combo.html

dobje is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2009, 04:37 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jasmine...Good to see ya in the LHS last week....I went ahead and got the little 250. Started to wait for the 250 SE, but got a good price on the 250 super combo that was in stock. I will be reviewing your build videos for tips. Any thing you would do differently today?
ltalley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah just get all the upgrades right away... metal bearing blocks, metal tail drive, metal tail shaft, metal rudder servo mounts, and change the ESC to something better.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:59 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Silly question but, what would I get out of a better ESC and what would you recommend for someone with a small budget please?

Cheers, OD.

If you make a mistake and learn from it, that's progress

2 x Nano heli's - now passed on to Megan, HoneyBee V1.....Awaiting test flight, T-Rex 250 V1, Hitec 5084MG tail servo, DX6i, Walkera 4#3A (it's in fairly good hands Bugster).
oliverdots is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverdots View Post
Silly question but, what would I get out of a better ESC and what would you recommend for someone with a small budget please?
Some people have reported the stock ESC failing in various ways - this happened to mine as well. The Castle Phoenix is a little smaller in size, has a better BEC, better governor mode. I use the Castle BEC with it as well.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just wanted to say huge, big, crazy thanks for all the killer videos. I'm hooked on these friggin things like a junkie chasing the dragon!

Your build on the Trex 250 helped me sort mine out before actually giving it the once over.

Keep up the great work and hopefully HOPEFULLY I'll be able to fly like you soon!

http://web.me.com/snobbig/Snobbig/Welcome.html
Psgatlanta is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2010, 06:58 AM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just wanted to say : "BIG THANKS JAZZ" for your effort to make this really helpful T-Rex 250 build vids !
JR 11x DSM2
PitchOrDie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

thank you so much for these videos. It was my very first build and it really helped a TON. your awsome. BIG hand shake to you.
jpmunoz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2010, 04:39 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CCPM Interaction

Howdy gang, had some trouble with Hovering with the Align Manual settings, so going to try Jasmine's set-up.

In her video set-up of the DX-7, she mentions leaving the Travel Adjustmentments at 100% with a mention of CCPM Interactions (around 12:43) in the video... I did not see a follow-up for the CCPM... I know Bob did one in his Techroom (CCPM Part 2)... would the "endpoints" be the high/low values on Travel Adjustment?

Second Question- apart from the CCPM interactions above, what would you gain from having Travel Adjustments over 100%?

Thanks in Advance!
Papabearob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in