Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 06:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default EXI came today.

First thoughts. Cool!!

It really resembles the T500. I can't describe it but because it's small it seems really light but ridgid. Unlike the belt cp which is small but sloppy because of all the plastic and the plastic frame really just makes the heli feel 'soft' when you pick it up.

Starting off with the belt cp then going to the T500 I thought "Ok, everything is bigger" But the parts were different so you couldn't compare. With the EXI some of the parts are the same as the T500 just a lot smaller. It's weird.

If you have an EXi or T450 or copter X and you get a T250 or copter x 250 it is the same feeling. It's the same but all miniture.

You would think, well, he has a 450 and a 500 so he should all ready know the size difference. But like I said, the belt cp is a different heli so I can't see the same parts but smaller.

Anyway, I really like it. It is really neat and sturdy and the frame looks cool. I can't wait to get it flying.

The main reason I got one is because I gave up on the belt cp. After getting used to the T500 mechanics and noticing how much easier it is to assemble and setup I thought stuff it. I was having trouble with tracking with the Belt cp and when the swashplate moved up it would wobble abit because there are links everywhere. Even after the dts mod it has just always been out of track or the swashplate isn't level etc. And I thought well, the EXI is cheap and I know it will be easy to setup because of the trex 500. And looking at the EXI I know it's going to be alot more stable and reliable.

Unfortunatly, I have to wait till christmas before I can lay into it and get started with the build (Only 14 days). I know it's already assembled but it looks like it's been put together by a cave man. The tail block isn't assembled properly and the head is a tad stiff because it has been rushed and has no lube or oil on it. I will take it apart bit by bit and locktite and lube everything. The ball links were smallish so they were stiff and I don't have a ball link sizer so I will have to move them around on the balls abit or something. But despite those things, I can tell it is definatly good quality. The frame was really sturdy etc! After all, there is no such thing as RTF or ARTF. Luckily I know what i'm doing.

Oh, one favour from someone. Could I have a link to a longer pinion for the esky motor.

I reccomend this to anyone who is thinking of getting another 450 size heli or something. It's the best you can get for the price. I would even say it would still be a good buy if it was double it's price!!

I'm giving this heli 5 stars!

-Jonny
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2008, 07:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nothing like playing with your balls and your chopper, Jonny...........
Futaba 14SG,
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2008, 08:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looking forward to your build thread................best of luck mate....................

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2008, 09:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks. Btw, I haven't mentioned. This will be the build thread. Just got it setup and ready for when I start.

The heli is in my sisters room and I'm not supposed to be looking at it anymore but I can't help it.

I have been moving the ball links around and they have loosened nicley. They just needed a bit of ware.

-Jonny
Old 12-11-2008, 09:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyheli View Post
my sisters room and I'm not supposed to be looking at it anymore but I can't help it.

I have been moving the ball links around and they have loosened nicley.

You guys make the jokes just TOO easy...

T-Rex 600 GF, 600XL, Stock ESC, 11t, Align DS610's, s9251,GY601 gyro, AR6200, ZIPPY 6s1P FOREVER!
testpilot58d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2008, 10:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wheres mine at? I know I chickened out on black friday and didn't buy one:o. Why? I know why the WIFE. You can all find me kicking my a$$ till I grow a new set and make my own choices
GAUI 200 (under reconstruction)
Trex 450 (sponsered by Pittjitsu)
creteus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2008, 11:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You're not alone Creteus, I wanted one sooo baaaad but I passed. Other bills to pay but I'll get one next sale! You and I can wait and see the best way to go with all the EXI builds that are going to pop up and save some money cause we won't be buying as much "experimental" parts for it! Good things come to those who wait(yes that old saying) but I'm a firm beleiver!

Jonny, I bet you are getting pretty ansi! I can't wait to see the build! You can now cross off EXI on the list of things Jonny wants!
Old 12-11-2008, 12:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by testpilot58d View Post
You guys make the jokes just TOO easy...
Oh man, there's no escape. You can't say anything without it sounding sick lol. I like to make a few sexual jokes here and there but not ones about my sister lol.

I'll be in the shower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Yea! View Post
You're not alone Creteus, I wanted one sooo baaaad but I passed. Other bills to pay but I'll get one next sale! You and I can wait and see the best way to go with all the EXI builds that are going to pop up and save some money cause we won't be buying as much "experimental" parts for it! Good things come to those who wait(yes that old saying) but I'm a firm beleiver!

Jonny, I bet you are getting pretty ansi! I can't wait to see the build! You can now cross off EXI on the list of things Jonny wants!
I can't wait to see the build either! I will try and get as many pics as I can of the build (Or unbuild and re build lol) Yep, crossed the EXI off. 1 down 265 to go lol.

-Jonny
Old 12-11-2008, 05:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 3 identical helis lol, all just a different size . The 250 just seems so small compared to the 600, but i do enjoy flying them all (atm i have to fly the smaller ones more due to the weather.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Jonny Good luck with the EXI! I couldn't resist on the Black Friday deal and bought a second one myself. I gave it to the wife to wrap up for me I also got the aluminum case for $24 and the CR 325's for $15 The EXI is a solid bird I think it's more solid than the T-Rex450. I will be following your build
EXI 450 - #1 Logitec 2100, TPsg90s ,Heli Max Axe CP
E-Sky Lama v4, EXI #2 build just started
gerrydobro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2008, 07:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrydobro View Post
Hi Jonny Good luck with the EXI! I couldn't resist on the Black Friday deal and bought a second one myself. I gave it to the wife to wrap up for me I also got the aluminum case for $24 and the CR 325's for $15 The EXI is a solid bird I think it's more solid than the T-Rex450. I will be following your build
Cool, I couldn't resist either. And I really needed this upgrade.

Well seeing as a lot of you are really looking forward to the build I guess I will have to go into detail with it and post a picture of most steps. And if I come across and trouble with it etc.

Anyway, that's 2 weeks away lol. I have to find something else I can do while I wait till christmas

-Jonny
Old 12-15-2008, 09:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sneak preview

Ok, I am here on my own and I just saw the box and had to open it again. Now, I know I have already opened it a few times (Lol you know, just to "make sure everything it there") But I haven't shown you a picutre of it so here it is.

Can't wait to get started on it. 10 Days and I will start the build.

-Jonny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00590.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	72554  
Old 12-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Patience Jonny is a good virtue
Old 12-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Johnny you will go mad if you keep looking in that box! Just pretend there is a dog turd in there and you will not be forced to look!
Old 12-15-2008, 12:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

The first day I got it I was taking it out and showing it to everyone lol.

I have calmed down now though. Just taking a pic to show you lot

Anyway got to go

-Jonny
Old 12-15-2008, 01:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Have it gift wraped so you won't be tempted! and go on-line and order your servos and gyro and rx
EXI 450 - #1 Logitec 2100, TPsg90s ,Heli Max Axe CP
E-Sky Lama v4, EXI #2 build just started
gerrydobro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2008, 02:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will be using my TP servos, stock esky gyro (temperary), and the rx out of my belt cp.

Just got to wait until I open the EXI.

-Jonny
Old 12-17-2008, 03:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I got mine yesterday and I was just tallying up the cost to get this thing flying... (and I can't believe there's no monospace font available on this forum)

Code:
EXI.................$55.00
Sonix 3550..........$20.00
Pinion...............$1.90
Turnigy Plush 40A...$34.95
UBEC.................$9.95
4 x HXT900..........$14.60
Turborix GY400......$15.42
AR6100..............$40.95
                   -------
                   $192.77
Even with shipping, my EXI will cost about the same as a Belt CP Carbon barebones kit!

...well, except for HeliDirect raining on my parade with their $170 Christmas sale. But it's still so cheap for a V2 clone I'm not even going to bother making up an excuse for building a third 450
T-Rex 600NP, T-Rex 500 ESP, HDX500 SE V2, HDX450 SE V3, T-Rex/Outrage SE V2, EXI450, T-Rex 250, CopterX/Guru-Z hybrid, HBFP separates, Lama V4, 2 x Walkera 4#3B
another_finn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2008, 04:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine, literally just this minute, took to the air. I took her outside under the security lights and I couldn't believe how good she was. However I should qualify this by saying she is already not an EXI. She is an EXI Copterx or CopterEXI. At one point I punched the throttle, to see how the tail held, and she took me by surprise and went up into the gloom. I just lowered the throttle, keeping my eye on the orange glow of the receivers lights and back she came into view of the security light. It was a scary moment and I'm an idiot for trying it, but all's well that ends well. Tail seem solid anyway, lol.

Whatever she is made of, I couldn't believe how well she flew. First flight, two clicks of left aileron trim and she was hovering hands free, for about 4-5 seconds at a time, just 6 inches off the ground. Who said you can't hover in ground effect? It was doing it itself, how does that work, when it is meant to be so hard?

Anyway, the EXI head and tail will be going onto the Belt, to bring her back to life. Hopefully this can be achieved tomorrow, so that I will genuinely have a fleet, lol. I know there is a 4G3 lurking somewhere in the background, but that doesn't really count until Christmas Day.

Anyway, it was only a test flight, I haven't fixed all the screws with loctite yet, so that is my mission for the next hour or so, and proper flights tomorrow, weather permitting.

EDIT: Damn, just seen the weather report for tomorrow. Windy and wet.
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2008, 07:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice Sutty, glad to hear you've got it sorted out!

My stock EXI is my favorite heli. Once I got the setup right it really made me happy at how well it flies. My only problem is that the EXI is capable of flying way better than I can pilot it!
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in