Giving credit where its due...thanks Align - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters


250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 11:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA
Default Giving credit where its due...thanks Align

Exactly 30 days and 27 flights after purchasing the 250, its time to say thanks for getting the tail issue fixed.. Each of those 27 flights was testing and trying to fine tune solutions to the poor flying characteristics.. None was for enjoyment..

I was very frustrated with the 250. Screws stripped. Tail out of control.. Flying like crap..I was ready to move on..

Finally Align sent me a new tail hub today and all I can say..its WOW. I cant believe that this did not come up during testing. But the new tail hub makes this heli fly like a completely and I mean COMPLETELY different heli.. Now, I finally feel I am in control of the heli as opposed to the mercy of the "tail gods" and god knows where that tails was going to end up after any turns or changes in collective..

Now it flies much like a 450..just a little less stable.

I have the jr290g in the rudder servo and this combo seems to work well for me. My gyro gain on the jr x9303 is set to only 20. Anymore than that I see tail wagging..
delgado is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-15-2008, 11:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 57
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: IL
Default

I just got my 250 today and just wanted to ask you is there a way to tell the new tail parts from the old one ? Before I build mine I want to know if have to get the upgrades .
sso2112 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2008, 12:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Westland Michigan
Default

The few couple batches that hit the US all have the new hub in them. I think only a couple batches came in with the bad hub. However a lot of the kits that came in with the new hub came with the old bearings for the grips (not the new ones). For those people all they can do is wait for the new bearings to come in from Align or just use a different brand. The easy way to tell is to take your hub (disassembled) and use a caliper or micrometer and measure the smallest step on the hub (furthest out from center and also the same part the tail grip covers.) You should get a measurement of 2.8mm +- a fraction. You will see approx 3mm if you have the old hub. Hope this helps.
Nankin Hobby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2008, 12:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sso2112 View Post
I just got my 250 today and just wanted to ask you is there a way to tell the new tail parts from the old one ? Before I build mine I want to know if have to get the upgrades .
I am not sure if there is an easy way.

If you take the tail blades off, and remove the screw inside the tail grips, if there are two small bearings, you have the old tail assembly. If you have one larger bearing, you have the updated tail.

I imagine that if you purchased it within the last week, Align is probably shipping them with the upgraded tail..
delgado is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2008, 12:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Westland Michigan
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by delgado View Post
I am not sure if there is an easy way.

If you take the tail blades off, and remove the screw inside the tail grips, if there are two small bearings, you have the old tail assembly. If you have one larger bearing, you have the updated tail.

I imagine that if you purchased it within the last week, Align is probably shipping them with the upgraded tail..
The bearings are not the tel tale sign as I previously posted. I have a few kits left in stock right now that do have the new hub but the old bearings....stinks but the bearings can be had from many places other than align right now
Nankin Hobby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2008, 06:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hatboro, Pa
Default Agreed

Thanks to Align for the quick fix on the tail.

Also, thanks to Bert and Leon for helping us thru with solid setup advice!

- Rick Cotte
s76 mech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2008, 07:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 8,891
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kissimmee, FL USA
Exclamation

I got to see Bert and Leon fly thier 250's this weekend at Bertís Fun Fly.. holly smokies, they are out of control fast and low, they both have 2 and Leon has one with a motor he dug out of his stores, and it is super fast and hard to follow, he must have stole some of the Flashes breakfast shake to keep up with it!
__________________
No Plankers were injured in the making of this post!
TOY BOX contents Mcp x, 450 Pro VBar, 500 VBar, 12S 600CF VBar... Mikado Logo 6003D VBar Proudly flying KBDD, MKS, Castle, Scorpion and some planks too
snjbird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2008, 08:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nankin Hobby View Post
The few couple batches that hit the US all have the new hub in them. I think only a couple batches came in with the bad hub. However a lot of the kits that came in with the new hub came with the old bearings for the grips (not the new ones). For those people all they can do is wait for the new bearings to come in from Align or just use a different brand. The easy way to tell is to take your hub (disassembled) and use a caliper or micrometer and measure the smallest step on the hub (furthest out from center and also the same part the tail grip covers.) You should get a measurement of 2.8mm +- a fraction. You will see approx 3mm if you have the old hub. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the correction.. That was the difference when I took mine apart..

Look at this thread on post no40 and there is where this size difference is explained
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=106326
delgado is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2008, 10:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hawaii
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by delgado View Post
Thanks for the correction.. That was the difference when I took mine apart..

Look at this thread on post no40 and there is where this size difference is explained
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=106326
So by looking at post #40 all you need is to machine that little inner piece to 2.8mm and it will cure this problem?
__________________
Hammerhead
Jerry Himalaya is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2008, 10:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Himalaya View Post
So by looking at post #40 all you need is to machine that little inner piece to 2.8mm and it will cure this problem?
According to them, it will.. I would just wait for the correct new style tail hub from align.. that will solve the problem. I tried fix1 and that did not work for me.
delgado is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2008, 04:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 396
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Default

Give credit where itís due? Ya Right
The only people Iíll give credit to is all the people on heli freak that tried to help meÖ
12/07/41 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2008, 04:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,184
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12/07/41 View Post
Give credit where itís due? Ya Right
The only people Iíll give credit to is all the people on heli freak that tried to help meÖ
Remember how this isn't a problem with Align, but with the distributor??? You need to contact the store you purchased from. AlignRCUSA is one of many *distributors* and is not Align. Align is replacing all defective hubs, but AlignRCUSA isn't going to help you if your kit didn't go through them.
ferret30 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2008, 04:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 396
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Default

Itís not a problem with align???
Didnít Align designed the bad tail hubs?
And
Align is not replacing all defective hubs what about the replacement hubs. I paid for two trying to fix a bad tail design..
12/07/41 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply




Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Location
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright © Website Acquisitions Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1