Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > Hurricane 550

Hurricane 550 Discussion and support of the Gaui Hurricane 550

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 12:43 AM   #261 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There Sacrificing Roosters for the bears.
FlyawayClyde is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2009, 05:28 AM   #262 (permalink)
Registered Users

hey jb...if i do drop in can you line up some of those cocksuckers that are getting the cubs so i can smack them round a bit?should be this year brother.you can tie them up till i get there if ya think they'll get away.some holes for garbage disposal afterwards might be handy....
kahn10 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2009, 06:12 AM   #263 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

it had to happen sometime i suppose.....

This thread must be the longest in the history of the Hurricane 550 Forum without a major hijack......... until now that is!!!!!!

How many pages of drivel have you lot just written????

Just to get it back very roughly on helicopters!

Had a great morning flying today, my nose in is getting better and better and the rest of my flying is improving at the same time.

Its strange seeing my little Rex shooting past in to high speed banking turns and figure 8s still with the training gear on!

Head Hunter flew really well again but unfortunately it was a little windy to attempt nose in with her today.

Cheers all

Ben
Borneoben is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2009, 06:38 AM   #264 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahn10 View Post
hey jb...if i do drop in can you line up some of those cocksuckers that are getting the cubs so i can smack them round a bit?should be this year brother.you can tie them up till i get there if ya think they'll get away.some holes for garbage disposal afterwards might be handy....
Hey Marco - if you're going to visit the island dwellers let me know and I'll pop down for a barbie. One of those little cuties in a chiabatta should go down nicely with a couple of bears - in fact it'll be a bear-and-beer-bq
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2009, 09:53 AM   #265 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, in order....
The chicken killing thing is part of an age old tradition to ward off evil spirits.....this reply is gonna get a little funkey now but here's the story....

The area where the new bear house is being built was once home to a pair of captive Sumatran Rhinos. One was transported to a new reserve and the remaining one was kept as a study project. We have some pretty big trees here and right in the middle of the enclosure is an 80m 'emergent'. A branch fell off it whilst the remaining Rhino was chilling out nearby and 'brained it'. Now- a Rhino is pretty big and so a hole was dug and it was buried where it fell. Where it is buried is right next to the new bear house. So, call in the bomohisan (witch doctor) who blessed the ground and killed the rooster to get rid of the bad karma.

Future bear cub thieves will be meeting 'me!!'.........they will not enjoy this!

BBQ bear is off the menu...please see above!

Hijack......come on Ben.....this is worthy cause and has a tenuous link.......while I am away looking after the bears, you get to tinker with the helis more.....so, indirectly....the Sun Bears are helping your Headhunter Project!

At the risk of seeming to be biased in supporting 'said' HH project, I was blown away with Ben's flying today......the HH frame was gliding around the sky on rails and is out performing (at our 'sports flyer' level) my CF frame. It is SWEET! Good work fella! Wind gusting 15 to 20mph but all 'our helis' made it back to base....sun was shining and all was well with the world.

More from the Land of the Sun Bear soon
Cheers Guys

Last edited by Jungle Bob; 08-09-2009 at 08:10 PM..
Jungle Bob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2009, 10:04 AM   #266 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Bob View Post
At the risk of seeming to be biased in supporting 'said' HH project, I was blown away with Ben's flying today......the HH frame was gliding around the sky on rails and is out performing (at our 'sports flyer' level) my CF frame. It is SWEET! Good work fella! Wind gusting 15 to 20mph but all 'our helis' made it back to base....sun was shining and all was well with the world.
Don't try and bring this back on topic ............

So what do we all think would go well with BBQ Baby Bear - red, white or just a nice cold beer, hold on - this looks perfect ....

Old 08-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #267 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I love School on Sunday's, I learn so much.
Thanks Bob
Old 08-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #268 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Are the frames done yet Ben.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #269 (permalink)
Registered Users

Careful Mike......I know where u live!!!

Anyhow who the feck are you kidding.........the UK had it's summer months ago and BBQ's are no longer an option, unless Baked Alaska is on the menu!

Anyway, Bornean Sun Bears can stand up for themselves, check out their defence mechanism below!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bear claw.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	109789  
Old 08-10-2009, 02:00 PM   #270 (permalink)
Registered Users

you know, that would make a great back-scratcher. wanna go into business?

haha kidding
bobbybe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 10:05 PM   #271 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmead View Post
wonder if the bear is small enough for my smoker.....bear BBQ Mmmmmmmmmmm

KIDDING... glad you're trying to save the little bears..although there might be a good reason for them dying out and maybe it's just time for it to happen...

A good reason???. You mean like some pig capitalistic bastards logging out the very last of any natural forests. So that pigs ( people in gluttonous state ) in this country can have their ego stroking status furniture.

A good reason???? LIke the good reason that the passenger pigeons were wiped out extinct in this country so that rich bitches could have feathers on their hats.

A good reason??? Most people in this country - the piggy usa - have more unused crap in their closets than most people in the rest of the world would ever accumulate in a lifetime to actually use.

A good reason???? Like not worrying about motorboat speeds so that they just plow over the manatees and bring THEM to the edge of extinction. a guy I worked with called it survival of the fittest. I call it survival of the fu(king morons.

Yeah. This is going to be a really great planet to live on when there are no animals besides 10 billion piggy humans.
skydude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2009, 07:38 AM   #272 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

calm down... I never said that there IS a good reason.. just that maybe there WAS a good reason.. do I think that logging is a good thing... no... logging is not good...

I do however feel that if it is time for teh bears to die out.. then NOTHING will stop it.. you could put a stop to logging today...and if the bears were meant to die out they might all walk as a group into traffic and get run over.. the point is.. no one knows..

as far as man being pigs... yep..there are a lot of them.. not just in the USA.. there have been pigs since the beginning of time... there always will be. I have seen the injuries up close and personal to the manatee...I've made several dives with them... beautiful animals...and I hate seeing the scars.. but even at idle speeds a manatee can get cut by a boat... I'm not going to say ban all boats... that would be ridiculous.. then again, if the natural predators for the manatee go on a eating binge and polish them all off... who would you blame? so in a way it is survival of the fittest.. not just the pigs being most fit....
mysticmead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2009, 08:23 AM   #273 (permalink)
Registered Users

I score that about even.

But the bears are still in captivity and looking at their nails, who is going to be game to let them out.

How are the frames progressing???

Close...

Hope so.
rodjam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2009, 08:23 AM   #274 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
if the natural predators for the manatee go on a eating binge and polish them all off... who would you blame? so in a way it is survival of the fittest.. not just the pigs being most fit....

This is a absolute bs. The 'natural' predators of the manatee did not wipe them out over a million years of evolution and they would not now. There was a balance.
The only reasoni it could be possible now is that their numbers and habitat have been so destroyed by the pigs that they are in an extremely unbalanced, precarious situation.

The 'survival' of the pigs is a joke. It has gone way beyond 'survival'. All the material crap that has been produced and destroyed the planet ini the process is nothing even close to 'survival'.

And anyone who wants to argue that I would not be able to enjoy 'hurri's' without contributing - This is somewhat true. However I would not have dumped the pcb's into the river to save 'money' during the build of the transformers that provide electricity. I would not fill in the last wetland or destroy the last natural beachfront to build 'luxury' homes and make huge (huge) profits for the developers. My 'lawn infested' property used house I bought is slowly being converted to native florida.

No, those developers and and 'businessmen' and the average rich and middle class american is not 'surviving'. They have gone way beyond that, and completely destroyed the planet in the process.

--
skydude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2009, 08:49 AM   #275 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

don't worry... because the planet will at some point balance things for us... of course, it'll mean most of the pigs will be wiped out in the process... I'm not saying go out and kill everything... far from it... I think we all need to conserve what we have left..and to cleanup this planet before it cleans us up.. however, as I learned years ago... you can beat this subject into as many peoples heads as possible each day and still 99.9% of them will just ignore it.. just liek smoking... I used to smoke...I knew it was bad for me..I knew I needed to quit.. I just didn't want too.. then one day I decided it was time... so I quit... it wasn't due to any of the " http://www.thetruth.com/ " BS propaganda... it was because I wanted to quit... the same is with saving the bears... or the manatee...or anything (including the planet).. unless people decide for them selves that they WANT to do it... they won't...

so preach it all ya want..those that want to listen already know what you're saying... those that don't want to listen will just find it annoying and go on their way... (for the record I don't find it annoying...I already know what yer saying....)
Old 08-11-2009, 09:53 AM   #276 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
don't worry... because the planet will at some point balance things for us... of course, it'll mean most of the pigs will be wiped out in the process... I'm not saying go out and kill everything... far from it... I think we all need to conserve what we have left..and to cleanup this planet before it cleans us up.. however, as I learned years ago... you can beat this subject into as many peoples heads as possible each day and still 99.9% of them will just ignore it.. just liek smoking... I used to smoke...I knew it was bad for me..I knew I needed to quit.. I just didn't want too.. then one day I decided it was time... so I quit... it wasn't due to any of the " http://www.thetruth.com/ " BS propaganda... it was because I wanted to quit... the same is with saving the bears... or the manatee...or anything (including the planet).. unless people decide for them selves that they WANT to do it... they won't...

so preach it all ya want..those that want to listen already know what you're saying... those that don't want to listen will just find it annoying and go on their way... (for the record I don't find it annoying...I already know what yer saying....)
+ One,,,,,,,..........
But on the other hand. My GOD in the BIBLE, has promised me that this world will go away , and those that have been saved will go to a newly prepared place.

So I dont worry about the animal's on this planet. God has it under control.
So lets keep flying and having FUN
Old 08-11-2009, 11:02 AM   #277 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm with Skydude on this one - just because people won't listen doesn't mean we should stop talking. Modern life isn't sustainable, the amount of green house gases created by Air-con / heating are horrendous, the way that we are destroying the rain forrests is ridiculous, if we carry on the way that we are we will kill the planet, which will in turn kill us.

If we don't complain about it what need is there for politicians to do anything differently - individuals won't change unless it is forced upon them, particularly in the good ole US of A - one of a very limited number of countries not signed up to the Kyoto protocol - even China has, and guess who is the worst offender ?.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #278 (permalink)
Registered Users

I didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest here, sorry guys. Lets leave it as differing opinions and all be friends, this is still the best forum out there and you guys are still the best bunch on it!
Leave me to try to do my bit to turn the tide and, if I try and fail, then so be it.

The flying is what we are here to chat about and.....ooooh, can I slip off target again just for a moment...... pleeese?
Just got back from a night dive....awesome coral, sleepy fish, giant green turtles and a world of red eyed critters.......this type of diving is THE BEST...... flourescent plankton....is there anything more spectacular in the lil' old world of ours?????
Old 08-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #279 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hey Bob... hows that PINK truck of yours?? and Where is yer male model/cabana boy/heli tech/SO... you know...BEN!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #280 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah
BEN where are you!!! Can you come out and play with us........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in