Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room


Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 12:18 AM   #221 (permalink)
NERD
 
Posts: 3,377
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Default

I've been reading through all of this, and staying quite. I decided today that I would post a short video of my Gaui and it's headspeed, and my hope is that this discussion can continue forward in a positive, respectfull, and FUN manner. As a Gaui 200 owner I am very proud of this little, and very high quality, heli. I want our fellow enthusiats to view we Gaui 200 owners as repectable, knowledgeable, and FUN. This is what it is really all about.

If however, this post causes a repeat or any direspect I will yank the vid, my post, and report it. I simply will not participate in that way. We can keep this positive and fun, and yet still opinionated.

That all being said I will describe my Gaui a little. It is a stock Gaui 200V1 with the belt driven tail. It has the plastic blades, the stock motor, the stock Gaui 18 amp speed control, and is powered with a FlightPower 2S 800mah 20C battery. The collective pitch is around 9/-9 at the moment with 6 degrees cyclic, which is really irrelevant for 0 pitch tests. The test spin up you will see in the video is 100% throttle. This heli's system has about 12 flights on it so it is all very fresh.

I spooled this up in my hobby/study room, which I don't like to do. But, it has been raining outside all week and played it safe with a simple spool up and lift off. Being there was an air vent blowing right on top of my heli and the small indoor area I didn't really want to do any pitch pumps.

I think you will find the heaspead sound is very similar to Bob's, and I can assure you, my heli is set up correctly. This motor runs fine and runs cool, but in hard collective moves it does tend to bog. To really fly hardcore 3D maneveurs it is my opinion that a higher torque motor may be desired. That being said if mine is flown with good collective management it does not bog too noticeably, which means I'm leaving mine just the way it is as I want to learn how to manage my collective well.

Bottom line this is a great little heli and it is a lot of FUN, and that is exactly what I intend to do. Bob's videos are a great contribution to this heli and it's owners, and I hope he continues to have fun with his 200. I believe his flight video is accurate and representative of what the typical new Gaui 200 owner can expect.

__________________
Norman
Fun times and good friends.
Thrasymedes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-11-2009, 02:58 AM   #222 (permalink)
Team Taco VP
 
Posts: 34,528
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Nov 2005
Default

Thrasymedes,

Thank you! Another VERY truthful review and I thank you for that. Now that the real user truth has been coming out and you also showing what is real, everyone will understand what to expect. Thats all I wanted to do in the end and it took a lot of drama to get it out.

Much respect man!

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 06:55 AM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Default The facts had been stated

Norman,
You post was very well written and extremely easy to comprehend, alsod the added video was very useful in stating the facts.
So to all future/ potential and current Gaui owners like myself, the facts have and had been correctly stated.
Bob merely stated the facts.

Thanks Finless for the videos of the Gaui. I know I speak for 99% of people viewing this thread appreciative of you taking the time to do this build series on the Gaui.

Also thanks to Norman for putting some common sense back on the Gaui threads.
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect

Regards
Adam
adam crosby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Default

Great post Thrasymedes

All products needs honest reviews and opinions like that to avoid frustrations down the road from mislead expectations. Like with the Hurricane 550 , everybody convinced me that it was just as capable as a T-rex 500 So I got it with the upgraded gaui motors and had tons of failures and other problems, then it was only because of my "setup" that things weren't working despite the fact of having setup other working helis T-rex 450/500 and Outrage g5 . That experience pretty much made me reluctant to get anything gaui again hence is why I got the 250 instead of upgrading to the gaui 200 v2.
__________________
Oxy3 Tareq edition
Oxy 3
Trex 470LM
jujiro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #225 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Posts: 42,760
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Mar 2004
Default

Now that we know the truth and it is the same old group who have their own forum, say they are "done with HF" and still want to break our rules and harass us and stir up trouble for Gaui and HF, things are back on track again to be positive and productive for Gaui and the people who fly Gaui.

In the future, if they come and harass us again and break our rules, they are going to be defending themselves in the state of NC just like they agreed to when they accepted our terms of use when they registered their clone accounts. I hate to spend the money on representation, but I also have an obligation to our members here on HF. They are leaving very clear paper trails in our logs and I am out of patience with them. The very next time, they are going to make it personal with me and I am going to proceed with legal action.

Gaui and the people who fly Gaui need these Gaui forums to be a productive and positive experience. I have never owned a Gaui but from everything Bob has told me, the 200 V2 is a hit and I am going to try one. Yea Baby!!

Thank you all for seeing the truth behind this drama in this thread and realizing that it is the same old trolls (administrators on the other site) making trouble and pushing Bob's buttons using clone accounts hiding behind the keyboard and harassment to accomplish tearing down Gaui and the people who fly Gaui even though they say they are pro Gaui? Weird, but I can and will take care of the problem once and for all. I will keep everyone posted on how it goes down if I am forced to take action.

Ok off the soap box and back to a productive experience for Gaui and the people who fly Gaui, I will be one of you guys very soon, making an order today.
__________________
William James
Crazy wife still trying to kill me.

Last edited by WillJames; 01-11-2009 at 01:12 PM..
WillJames is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #226 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Posts: 42,760
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Mar 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasymedes View Post
I've been reading through all of this, and staying quite. I decided today that I would post a short video of my Gaui and it's headspeed, and my hope is that this discussion can continue forward in a positive, respectfull, and FUN manner. As a Gaui 200 owner I am very proud of this little, and very high quality, heli. I want our fellow enthusiats to view we Gaui 200 owners as repectable, knowledgeable, and FUN. This is what it is really all about.

If however, this post causes a repeat or any direspect I will yank the vid, my post, and report it. I simply will not participate in that way. We can keep this positive and fun, and yet still opinionated.

That all being said I will describe my Gaui a little. It is a stock Gaui 200V1 with the belt driven tail. It has the plastic blades, the stock motor, the stock Gaui 18 amp speed control, and is powered with a FlightPower 2S 800mah 20C battery. The collective pitch is around 9/-9 at the moment with 6 degrees cyclic, which is really irrelevant for 0 pitch tests. The test spin up you will see in the video is 100% throttle. This heli's system has about 12 flights on it so it is all very fresh.

I spooled this up in my hobby/study room, which I don't like to do. But, it has been raining outside all week and played it safe with a simple spool up and lift off. Being there was an air vent blowing right on top of my heli and the small indoor area I didn't really want to do any pitch pumps.

I think you will find the heaspead sound is very similar to Bob's, and I can assure you, my heli is set up correctly. This motor runs fine and runs cool, but in hard collective moves it does tend to bog. To really fly hardcore 3D maneveurs it is my opinion that a higher torque motor may be desired. That being said if mine is flown with good collective management it does not bog too noticeably, which means I'm leaving mine just the way it is as I want to learn how to manage my collective well.

Bottom line this is a great little heli and it is a lot of FUN, and that is exactly what I intend to do. Bob's videos are a great contribution to this heli and it's owners, and I hope he continues to have fun with his 200. I believe his flight video is accurate and representative of what the typical new Gaui 200 owner can expect.

Very cool post and video, thank you Norman.

Good enough for me, I am placing an order today. Thank you.
__________________
William James
Crazy wife still trying to kill me.
WillJames is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 362
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Dec 2006
Default

Bob what do you think of the outrage batteries?
__________________
Gohbee Stinger 50 (yes I love it)
4 trex450's
Blade400 Blade cpp
2HDX300's
3 gaui200's
aristo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 01:17 PM   #228 (permalink)
Team Taco VP
 
Posts: 34,528
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Nov 2005
Default

I was surprised actually. The Gaui packs are pretty good. The outrage packs have a little more punch to them. 0 pitch head speed was almost identical between the Gaui and the Outrage packs. But once in the hover and doing some pitch pumps the Outrage seemed to hold the voltage better under load which makes complete sense since they are 25C packs.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 03:56 PM   #229 (permalink)
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
I was surprised actually. The Gaui packs are pretty good. The outrage packs have a little more punch to them. 0 pitch head speed was almost identical between the Gaui and the Outrage packs. But once in the hover and doing some pitch pumps the Outrage seemed to hold the voltage better under load which makes complete sense since they are 25C packs.

Bob
Does it compensate the need for more power?
mosca.br is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 04:11 PM   #230 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 245
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Default

[QUOTE=Thrasymedes;1057613]I've been reading through all of this, and staying quite. I decided today that I would post a short video of my Gaui and it's headspeed, and my hope is that this discussion can continue forward in a positive, respectfull, and FUN manner. As a Gaui 200 owner I am very proud of this little, and very high quality, heli. I want our fellow enthusiats to view we Gaui 200 owners as repectable, knowledgeable, and FUN. This is what it is really all about.

I too am glad to see this back on track.

I scratch my head trying to figure out why this line seems to bring out more affection, agony, anger, animation, dedication, devotion, distress, eagerness, excitement, fervor, fire, flare-up, frenzy, fury, hurrah, indignation, intensity, ire, joy, misery, outbreak, outburst, rage, rapture, resentment, sentiment, spirit, storm, suffering, temper, vehemence, warmth, wrath, zeal, zest that it does. (thank you thesaurus.com)

Perhaps we build a Gaui boxing ring for any future out of hand disputes ;-).

We are however very thankful to the supporters, end users and Gaui team members who have helped bring this line to life. I would be remiss not to recognize Ray Stacy for the countless hours of unpaid work and testing that he has done for us (as well as a number of end users) over the past 6 years and he is a huge part of this little heli and I am indebted to him. He too has taken more than his fair share of grief....all for the that highly lucrative, unpaid position of Team Captain. Not to mention how great Kyle makes us look on a daily basis!

With that being said, look for upcoming information on the 200 Class competition featuring Bert, Kyle and other notable pilots at none other that the University of Phoenix Stadium (home of the NFL Cardinals) March 13-15, 2009 at the Electric Flight Expo.

Sorry for the windy post but thanks again for supporting the Gaui line. We in turn, are committed to supporting you the end user.
Empire Hobby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 08:43 PM   #231 (permalink)
NERD
 
Posts: 3,377
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Default

Thank you for your response. The one thing Gaui owners can know for sure is that the V2 has many improvements from the V1, also many of which were voiced by regular enthusiasts. This lets us know, the end user, that we are being listened to. If we provide constructive feedback within the element of fun, we will be listened to, and the product will get even better. This is great for all involved.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire Hobby View Post
I too am glad to see this back on track.

I scratch my head trying to figure out why this line seems to bring out more affection, agony, anger, animation, dedication, devotion, distress, eagerness, excitement, fervor, fire, flare-up, frenzy, fury, hurrah, indignation, intensity, ire, joy, misery, outbreak, outburst, rage, rapture, resentment, sentiment, spirit, storm, suffering, temper, vehemence, warmth, wrath, zeal, zest that it does. (thank you thesaurus.com)

Perhaps we build a Gaui boxing ring for any future out of hand disputes ;-).

We are however very thankful to the supporters, end users and Gaui team members who have helped bring this line to life. I would be remiss not to recognize Ray Stacy for the countless hours of unpaid work and testing that he has done for us (as well as a number of end users) over the past 6 years and he is a huge part of this little heli and I am indebted to him. He too has taken more than his fair share of grief....all for the that highly lucrative, unpaid position of Team Captain. Not to mention how great Kyle makes us look on a daily basis!

With that being said, look for upcoming information on the 200 Class competition featuring Bert, Kyle and other notable pilots at none other that the University of Phoenix Stadium (home of the NFL Cardinals) March 13-15, 2009 at the Electric Flight Expo.

Sorry for the windy post but thanks again for supporting the Gaui line. We in turn, are committed to supporting you the end user.
__________________
Norman
Fun times and good friends.
Thrasymedes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 11:14 PM   #232 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 141
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default

[QUOTE=Empire Hobby;1058668
With that being said, look for upcoming information on the 200 Class competition featuring Bert, Kyle and other notable pilots at none other that the University of Phoenix Stadium (home of the NFL Cardinals) March 13-15, 2009 at the Electric Flight Expo.
QUOTE]


Videos of the Competitions please!!!!!!!
dxtarl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 11:20 PM   #233 (permalink)
Team Taco VP
 
Posts: 34,528
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Nov 2005
Default

[quote=dxtarl;1059553]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire Hobby;1058668
With that being said, look for upcoming information on the 200 Class competition featuring Bert, Kyle and other notable pilots at none other that the University of Phoenix Stadium (home of the NFL Cardinals) March 13-15, 2009 at the Electric Flight Expo.
QUOTE


Videos of the Competitions please!!!!!!!
Will James and I will be there so you can count on it!

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2009, 06:43 AM   #234 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Default Thank god the bad apples are gone(for now)

Now this is the HF I know, civillized and very down to earth. I am so glad that the the bad apples were revealed and we can now get on with what HF is about- fun, learning, friendship and mutual respect.

Thanks Finless, Will and others

Adam
adam crosby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2009, 07:35 AM   #235 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,201
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Default

I'm eagerly awaiting the end comparisson between the gaui and the trex 250. I own a 250 and absolubtly loving it! Although the plastic blades are very "spongy"
__________________
Sponsored by - Team Align UK- CSM - MKS Servo's UK - Kontronik Drives
T-rex 700E v2 - 700E DFC
Grant_beltcp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2009, 09:00 AM   #236 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 141
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
dxtarl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #237 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant_beltcp View Post
I'm eagerly awaiting the end comparison between the gaui and the trex 250. I own a 250 and absolubtly loving it! Although the plastic blades are very "spongy"

Yea me too . I only have the v1 so can't make a direct comparison to the v2 but My 250 is a lot more stable ,tracks better and has more power than My gaui 200 v1 does. Actually I don't even fly my Gaui 200 anymore ;p.

Also I'm interested if anybody made a small comparison between the v1 and v2 just to see if it's worth upgrading the v1 !
__________________
Oxy3 Tareq edition
Oxy 3
Trex 470LM
jujiro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2009, 06:31 AM   #238 (permalink)
Team Taco Member
 
Posts: 2,220
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Nov 2007
Default

Not sure if you guys have seen this already..

Gaui Hurricane 200 - Indoor 3d Heli Flying - Justin Jee - Jan 2009 (4 min 30 sec)
bpd964 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2009, 07:41 AM   #239 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 326
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Jun 2007
Default

Wow! Not checking this thread for a few days made me miss all the "fun". Some people freaking out about fairly nothing. It's all very HF unworthy.... but it seems all is peace and quiet again.

So one simple question remains (or didn't I read it because this thread brought tears to my eyes...)
What about the MEASURED headspeed!?!?!?! A lot of people talking about "hearing" and "seeing" headspeed, but no measurements!
__________________
If it doesn't fit, you need a bigger hammer

nano CPX - nano CPX BL - 2 x MCPX V1 BL - 2 x MCPX BL - 230S - MQX - Gaui 330X - 4G6V-FBL - 4G6V - cX450pro - T450pro - T500 DFC - Gaui EP550 FBL

Last edited by xs4reak; 01-23-2009 at 09:17 AM..
xs4reak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2009, 11:17 AM   #240 (permalink)
Team Taco VP
 
Posts: 34,528
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Nov 2005
Default

I measured my head speed with a tach. 4000 at 0 pitch with 100% throttle with a fresh pack. 3800 in the hover.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply




Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Location
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright © Website Acquisitions Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1