Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2006, 08:56 PM   #81 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Bob,

I hope someone in Align is reading this forum They have a nice reputation for listening to their customers anyway. I think I'll try your canopy-new-holes-in-the-frame method later, I don't wanna fumble around with all the servo links hehe

Btw, I've already finished my bird, had to take the leap of installing the tail end without the video..I just hope I did it right

Anyway, I'm now reviewing your CCPM videos and how to remove the interactions as I've just done reversing them for the right travel...wish me luck!!!

shaun
shauntot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2006, 05:18 AM   #82 (permalink)

Bob,
I am new and I have a TREX 450XL CCPM that came with 430L motor and BL-25G ESC.
Which video will help me get started.

Thanks.

-shim
be3978 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2006, 05:29 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Prynhawn da BOB

Just a big thanks.
I dont have an HDE But an ARK 400 nearly the same thing i think
I was looking at the vids and it helped me a lot to set up and fly my bird and would not have had her set up correctly with out your help.
Cheers Mate
By the way it means "Good afternoon" in welsh.
Bignose 13 in sunny Pontypridd :glasses2: (NOT).
For everything else There's Mastercard.
BMFA # 156262
Bignose13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2006, 11:46 AM   #84 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by be3978
Bob,
I am new and I have a TREX 450XL CCPM that came with 430L motor and BL-25G ESC.
Which video will help me get started.

Thanks.

-shim
Use my HDE build videos for some of it (frames, etc) then use my other vides which are more realted to the SE but the CCPM setup should help.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2006, 12:51 PM   #85 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default HDE tail setup fine points

Hi Bob,

Well I dived in and went ahead with the HDE tail assembly. With the experience of the rest of the build under my belt and some careful study of the diagrams, it proved quite straight forward (at least I think so, unless I missed something subtle).

I found I had to reduce the rudder servo travel to about +/- 35% to prevent the tail pitch slider hitting the stops. That means there's only maybe +/-5deg of pitch range in the tail rotor, is that OK ?

I was thinking of drilling a new hole in the servo arm closer to the centre and then increase the range as my gut feel is that reducing the mechanical throw and using more servo range up ould a be better solution. It won't give more tail pitch but I think more precise control. Is that a valid assumption and a reasonable way to setup the rudder servo ?

One final question. I have an MKS GY191 gyro which seems to be working fine. Only thing is I cannot tell the difference between Rate and HH modes (no bicolour LED or anything). I have the gain set to 40% in both modes. In one of them the gyro is tending to slowly drive the rudder to one end. In the other it tends to input a correction then go back to neutral. Also the rudder position tends to jump when I switch between modes. Is there an easy way to identify which mode it is in from the behaviour ?

Thanks,
Kenneth
kgfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2006, 01:05 PM   #86 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Ken, sorry I have NO knowledge of that gyro. With a 401 you want as close to 100% for travel limit as possible! I cant say for that gyro sorry.

Bob
Old 06-19-2006, 02:16 PM   #87 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Well Bob, I'm done with the bird. Do you have any experience with the telebee/align gyro?? that's what i'm using and it seems that I have a problem, tail keeps spinning and won't stop until I give counter rudder...my rudder servo is moving to one direction only?!?! all channels correct though, all limits ok
Old 06-19-2006, 02:57 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Get the mechanical set up on the tail. Put the gyro in non-HH and trim (using rudder trim) to hold the tail.

Then adjust the servo placement on the tail or the pushrod links to hold the tail at the same spot while getting the tail servo to center. This should allow you to put your rudder trim back to zero.

Now that your set up your gyro should be able to hold.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:06 AM   #89 (permalink)

Finless - I'm a newbie to helis and I just wanted to thank you for your build videos. I recently got a CDE CCPM kit and while your videos cover the HDE model, your videos touched on a number of similar areas which helped me with my own build.

Once again from this side of the world - THANK YOU!!!
bertus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 12:28 PM   #90 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Hey seeker, tnx so very much!!! Tried that and it bloody worked!!! yahoo i'm now hovering!! thanks again!!!!
Old 06-21-2006, 08:06 PM   #91 (permalink)

Hmm.. need another video... why it's a bad thing to hold the tail while testing the movement of the swash...

After spending a few hours making sure the head etc was right... I screw it up by hitting my thumb at speed....

Tally... very sore thumb, broken blade, stripped main gear, not sure what else walked away before I did anything else stupid..
Blaze_au is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 08:24 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauntot
Hey seeker, tnx so very much!!! Tried that and it bloody worked!!! yahoo i'm now hovering!! thanks again!!!!
You're welcome Sir... of course I only know cuz the multi times I had boom strikes on the trex (and one on the rappy doing autos ) and some guy showed me.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:30 PM   #93 (permalink)

Bob, I've got a crisis and no clue short of jumping off a cliff on how to solve. And no I'm not talking about belt tension, although still on my mind.

After watching the "quicky" vid, I realized I had some setup errors on my HDE. I realigned everything and reset the servos properly. Now everything is lined up correctly. What I hadn't realized before, (I hadn't to this point thrown it into idle up) was I'm only getting -5 to +6 pitch in idle up. then I double checked normal mode and found I had -5 at mid stick. Throw it into idle up and it's +-0 at mid stick. Where did I screw up? I figure it has to be in the 7C programming, but everything is set to your curves so it should be correct. All endpoints are still 100% so I'm not limiting travel.

Helpme, help me!!!
zooland1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2006, 05:33 PM   #94 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Zooland, not that I'm an expert but I also ran into that problem. I have a CDE, but I think it can apply to your HDE. I didn't have - pitch at midstick, but about +3 only. I went ahead and lengthened the links from the washout upwards.

Hope that helps out
Cheers
Shaun
Old 06-23-2006, 06:07 PM   #95 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

zooland1,

what are your PITCH curve numbers for idle and normal?

Also make sure you turned OFF anyu dials or sliders that have to do with HOV-PITCH and PITCH TRIM. You could have a know or slider effecting your curves. This seems to be a common mistake lately..

Bob
Old 06-23-2006, 07:08 PM   #96 (permalink)

Never mind some how I did have end points set on channel 6. I don't remember doing that, but anyway. Did you tell me to in a vid? :? I always do what you say, so you must have told me to. Thanks
zooland1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2006, 08:37 PM   #97 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Yes I think I did

Set the radio to defaults BEFORE starting...... Hey it's OK we ALL make a mistake now and then......

Shrug it off and go forward!

Bob
Old 06-27-2006, 03:17 AM   #98 (permalink)

Hi to all.
Please any help for radio setting up my T-rex XL CCPM.
Tx Hitec Eclipse 7
Rx Hitec 7ch Qpcm 35Mhz
Servos HS 55
ESC Align 25A
Guro Align 500
Best Rgds
tony1726 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2006, 03:23 AM   #99 (permalink)

Thanks for these wonderful videos, very helpfull !

Marc.
audiosong is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2006, 11:38 AM   #100 (permalink)

Bob, excellent videos! Awesome. I have just ordered the XL with HDE and it should come in a few days. But I have already downloaded the manual to study it and I must say it is not very good for assembly. Sure, it shows exploded views of everything but it has very few words giving any details. The steps aren't that clear and order of assembly could be better. Plus my eyesight is not the best and the manual (at least the dowloaded one) is not too clear and the graphics hard to read in spots. I don't think I will be able to assembly the XL CORRECTLY without your videos!

You mention lockite and CA and some kind of special pliers. Could you give some more details like brands and where to purchase them? Thanks again.

Joe C
jocatch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in