Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2006, 09:28 AM   #161 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I just checked it and it is working for me.
You may have a problem with your codecs. Go to MS web site and search for Windows Media 9 codecs and download and install them.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2006, 10:35 AM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for your assistance!

I downloaded and installed the codecs, but for some reason, that one video still will not play. I'm having no other problems with the rest of them. Anyway, thanks again for your help!
vader310 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2006, 10:54 AM   #163 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Hmmm I dont know then. No one else has complained of this problem.......

Bob
Old 11-28-2006, 04:22 PM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hi bob

Your videos have helped me so much in building my TREX 450XL HDE. I'm french and that was so easy to understand

At the moment I'm ending the construction and I'm getting stuck on how to configure my Telebee gyro.

I read bunch of documentation, newsgroups but noone can provide me an answer on this issue.

I connected my servo directly on my R700 receiver, the servo arm is OK at 90░, linked to my rudder. I can move my MX12 joystick from left to right, this moves the rudder perfectly.

1/ As soon as I connect both cables (one yellow wire only, other 3 wires : white/red/black) of my Telebee Head Lock & Standard Dual Rate gyro (this will inhibate the gain / processed on the MX12) :

=> The rudder get stuck in one direction (it seems normal as it's explained in the manual)
=> If I move the MX12 joystick from left to right nothing happens
=> No idea how to configure this gyro on the MX12 so I can move the rudder.

2/ If I don't connect the second cable (yellow wire) of the gyro, It seems to work. I put my gain at +25

Any clue on how I can get started. That would be dope if you could make some videos on how to configure a Telebee with a MX12

Take care,

Greetz from France for your lepton 3D video

CÚdric
Old 11-28-2006, 04:38 PM   #165 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Cedric,

I don't know about your MX12 but the following might help you with setting up your gyro (from here: https://www.helifreak.com/viewtopic.php?p=141312 ) :

Quote:
You might want to take a look at this link with generic instructions about setting up HH gyros:

http://www.natew.com/rcheli/frame_ma...H#why.behavior

While the gyro model and heli model may not be the same as yours, I think the theory of operation will be and hence the setup steps should be the same. Indeed, I think these instructions are probably valid for all the HH gyros that do not have on-board travel adjustments.

The summary points are:

1) In HH you should initially have 100% ATVs as this controls your piro rate, not your travel endpoints. Once you tail is all setup and holding, if you want more or less piro rate in either direction then you can adjust your rudder ATVs to achieve that outcome.

2) Since there is no endpoint control on the gyro, you have to rely on getting the right control arm radius to prevent binding. You may have to drill an extra hole in your servo arm at just the right position.

3) Once your rudder trim is set during flight testing in HH mode, with a good gyro
you shouldn't need to change it again.
And this:

Quote:
Also take a look here: http://www.x400tuning.com/aligngyro.htm

I think this set of instructions is specifically for your gyro (Align = Telebee) and has a different point of view regarding the order of Tx and mechnical setup. Now you'll have to choose which one makes the most sense to you.

I guess whichever you follow, be sure there is no binding at the end of travel in either direction, particularly in HH mode, or your tail servo will die an early death.
Previous rides: HX242, W5-4, TRex450(HDE), TRex450(SE), QJ-EP8v2, BCX2 ,Logo10, Hurricane550
SIM: Phoenix (previously also Reflex/XTR, ClearView, RF, FMS)
kgfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2006, 10:47 AM   #166 (permalink)

These videos are great, unfortunately my TRex 450XL HDE came partially assembled and the kit bags were completely different. In fact, it was pretty confusing to build since the bags it referred to (screw 15 in bah HH2 for example) did not exist. I had one bag labeled "screw bag" and a few other bags which were not labeled at all! So for me, the video did not really help.

Fortunately, since the head, tail and frame were already 80% assembled, I was able to sort of "guess" at the correct screws for each application by looking at the screw key on the 2nd page of the manual.

I should have taken pictures of the bags, but I was too busy building.

The 450XL I received was labeled "Motor+ESC combo" in the upper left corner...however it was not actually a combo kit... I bought the motor and esc separately.
vic20owner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2006, 10:58 AM   #167 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Vic,
My kit was almost the same as the one you got (I got mine from Atomic Hobbies), The xl hde version we have is V2. If you watch the video's AND refer to the book you'll catch on. The bag numbers don't match 100% but it's all there. One tip I found if i had questions if the part was correct was to refer to the book. It generally gives lengths/sizes you can use to verify it's the correct part. I found this to be especially helpful on some of the screws AND the video showed what it looked like which made it easier.
Jermo
Jerry Moore, AMA #878954,TARANIS OpenTX- Pantera 600 FB - Pantera .60 FB - Takes a licking and keeps on kicking! KISSAM = Keep It Simple Stupid: Affordable, Maintainable -
Visit Early and often - http://open-txu.org
Jermo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2006, 09:06 AM   #168 (permalink)

Default Re: Trex XL HDE Build Videos will be here!

Hi Bob,

I am new to the TREX. I have ordered one on line and hopefully I will be recieving it very soon. I have been looking every where for a build video and then I saw yours. Thank you very much.

Only problem is the video comes out weird. It's like all contrast. What format are you using? I am playing it on Windows Media Player.

Any suggestions?
dmi70594 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2006, 11:55 AM   #169 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Make sure you have all the needed CODECs.... GO to microsoft.com and search for CODEC and you should be able to download the MS codecs.

Bob
Old 12-30-2006, 12:21 PM   #170 (permalink)

Hey Bob, I just rebuilt my 450 for the fifth time (crash learning curve ). as per your vids and upgraded to GY 401 and 9650 and took it out for a hover test with training gear attached.
Like a rock the tail stayed but then after 20 to 30 sec the rex started to see saw like crazy as if I lost part of a tail blade, but the tail stayed stright and true. I then landed and took off again everthing flat and stable then it started again. Could this be from the training gear or the wind.. Later I checked the weather station is said wind at 6mph to 8 mph at the time I was testing.
Thanks

PS thanks for info on my Trex 600 Build will keep you posted

Crash-N-Burn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2006, 07:44 AM   #171 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

When you say seesaw is it an up and down tail movement or side to side?

Bob
Old 12-31-2006, 12:08 PM   #172 (permalink)

Bob,
That would be up and down... side to side is steady.
Crash-N-Burn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2007, 04:02 PM   #173 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Finless, any chance of a build video for the HS1146 HDE CF frame upgrade?

That would be awesome!
Plane Hazza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2007, 07:40 PM   #174 (permalink)

hey when you going to finish the last of the video im still waiting
Airwolf1325 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2007, 07:54 PM   #175 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
hey when you going to finish the last of the video im still waiting
Which video?

Bob
Old 01-23-2007, 06:40 PM   #176 (permalink)
Registered Users

make a full build and flight on this heli,, its an awsome heli! to many people go with the interactive ccpm helis a forget how cool it is to fly a super stable heli <---------- i like this smilly
littlepiston is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2007, 07:04 PM   #177 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Dude... at this point it would be a waste of time... Align as discontinued the XL series in the US....

Bob
Old 01-23-2007, 08:24 PM   #178 (permalink)
Registered Users

so no money no review and forget about the noobs that would like to build there (On Sale) HDE trex
Old 01-23-2007, 08:27 PM   #179 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepiston
so no money no review and forget about the noobs that would like to build there (On Sale) HDE trex
No money? I dont get paid for doing them... Also I dont have an HDE to do a vid on even if I could.....

Sorry man.....

Bob
Old 01-23-2007, 08:31 PM   #180 (permalink)
Registered Users

well thanks for lisening btw vary good reviews and build pics and the videos are the bomb, i wish we has this same set up on RunRyder,, also witch is the best motor for the t-rex 450 on tp PL2100 and cc 35 all out power

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in