Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > BCX/CX2/CX3

BCX/CX2/CX3 Blade (eFlite) CX, CX2 and CX3 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 02:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Eflite Blade CX2 & CX3 Brushless Conversion

Searching high & low for a simple Blade CX2 brushless conversion, I finally found a complete kit from WowHobbies that just plugs in and works. In addition to several minutes of extra flight time, my brushless CX2 got a big power boost, which is what I needed for a slightly breezy backyard.
http://wowhobbies.com/brushlessupgra...skylama34.aspx
Eflite Blade CX2/CX3 Converted to Brushless | www.WowHobbies.com (1 min 30 sec)

I think the video shows the Blade CX3 with brushless conversion but it's the same brushless kit that works for the Blade CX2 along with Esky Lama3 and Esky Lama4.
axellehmannair is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2009, 10:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Video

This is their video. Seems like they should have used a better pilot if they want to sell this rig. I never see him hold a steady altitude or hover. Have you tried it yet. If so what did you think? Scott
P.S. Show us the video of yours flying. If it flies like stock, just more power and longer flight, I'm sold. I just do not see a steady hover, altitude hold, or not fighting the tail even on take off.

Last edited by scottdrumfish; 07-07-2009 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: idea missing
scottdrumfish is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default brushless cx3

http://wowhobbies.com/brushlessupgra...skylama34.aspx I order mine yesterday , I will post and progress report
n6nev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 09:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I agree, the video is kind of lame but the kit actually works pretty good. May be a better pilot with a good video recorder can take a better video. There is definately some power improvement in the throttle and the response is a little faster. We will see how long it lasts.
axellehmannair is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My brushless assy arrivied this morning and the install was a snap, truly plug and play. The cx3 flew with no trim adjustment or pro adjustment, the tail is a little less nervous. lifted straight up to my surprize ! Its still too windy this after noon to fly out side, so tomorrow I will know more. It seems to have more power. when I dial in more HH with channel 5 the tail wags back and forth, no more nervous shake.. back it off to a smooth hover,, to make a long story short , I am glad I bought it and would do so again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2692.jpg
Views:	1803
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	104972   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2693.jpg
Views:	1412
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	104973  
Old 07-08-2009, 09:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default i thought these motors would be less noise , quiet

brushless motors
cobra25 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default wire

Hey, I'll buy it if you will wire mine like that. Cool job! So, will you provide us a video? i know you can. I'm sold. Need some better than Extreme lights though. I fly scale, but I think the added power coupled with weight of aluminum and a fuselage, i'd be stupid not to try it. Like I said, "my extreme motors are louder and clankier than stock. This weekend I'll rebuild again for new gears and see how my scale coast guard performer rescues two a 7 year old pilot named Katie. She loves the pretend rescue scene with outburst of laughter. I'll go brushless, put silvers in, use on almost stock jetranger with extreme motors, extended shaft, and stock blades on page 3 of my thread. I can spot land it on a car in the driveway. Thanks for those shots! Scott:b awl
scottdrumfish is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 01:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

so how much faster is it now with the brushless system? is it really worth the cash? any better in wind? hmmm $100 could be better spent on my 450, or 550. decisions decisions.
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
shaggybirdman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2009, 09:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default worth the cash?

Is it really worth the cash? I have lost my cx3 from 50ft on concrete, 2 roofs, and lost it for 3 days in the next block with the sprinkelers on, new battery and it flew, same bird , like timex, it takes a licking but keep on ticking,, try that with your __________fill in the blank! Worth is what some one is willing to pay! Larry
Old 07-11-2009, 09:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

actually i'm talking the performance. another $99 into a coaxial heli. i really think it would be better spent towards a collective heli. i already have 3. a coaxial heli really isn't the training tool everyone thinks it is. ounce you get your first collective heli you will have a higher brick wall of a learning curve to deal with. ask any heli pilot.

so yes. is it worth the $99? you will understand what i mean when you get a trex, or whatever you decide on. it really is a apples vs oranges thing between a coaxial vs collective heli.
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:28 AM   #11 (permalink)

Hi! newbie here, allow me to share my experience with the cx2 brushless coversion kit.
I received my kit yesterday from wowhobbies and wasted no time in installing it. First flight- i need to lessen the sensitivity on the gain pod as the chopper was wagging its tail violently.
Second flight- tail wagging was eradicated but chopper was very twitchy, cant hold my heading for more than 2secs. Third flight- the right motor(the one driving the upper blades) quit in mid-flight! Checked the motor area for any obstruction, checked power connectivity-good. Fourth flight- right motor quit again in mid-flight, checked everything again-good. When i assembled the chopper again for another test flight this time the right motor does not rotate anymore, it is just emiting a ticking sound with a pulse-like movement. Now i'm having second thoughts of ordering another BL kits for my other co-axs($99/kit) My baby is now back on the reliable and as powerful AFCsystems 180 motors!
mojohawk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2009, 08:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is it worth it ?

I bought a pro 2 about 2 months ago, and what a difference in the learning curve! Im just now hovering with the trainging gear removed. Lots to learn, and thats the fun and challenge, I fly daily as Im retired, so both birds get a work out Larry
Old 07-12-2009, 05:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojohawk View Post
Hi! newbie here, allow me to share my experience with the cx2 brushless coversion kit.
I received my kit yesterday from wowhobbies and wasted no time in installing it. First flight- i need to lessen the sensitivity on the gain pod as the chopper was wagging its tail violently.
Second flight- tail wagging was eradicated but chopper was very twitchy, cant hold my heading for more than 2secs. Third flight- the right motor(the one driving the upper blades) quit in mid-flight! Checked the motor area for any obstruction, checked power connectivity-good. Fourth flight- right motor quit again in mid-flight, checked everything again-good. When i assembled the chopper again for another test flight this time the right motor does not rotate anymore, it is just emiting a ticking sound with a pulse-like movement. Now i'm having second thoughts of ordering another BL kits for my other co-axs($99/kit) My baby is now back on the reliable and as powerful AFCsystems 180 motors!
sounds like a esc problem. my cc hv85 esc did about the same thing. flip the esc's on the motors, and see if the problem moves to the other motor. don't try flying it though.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by n6nev View Post
I bought a pro 2 about 2 months ago, and what a difference in the learning curve! Im just now hovering with the trainging gear removed. Lots to learn, and thats the fun and challenge, I fly daily as Im retired, so both birds get a work out Larry
you bought a eflite cp pro 2? if so my condolences.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #15 (permalink)

thanks birdman, i'll try to do just that. Will let you know about the result
mojohawk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2010, 02:04 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the same problem and traced it to the converter.
It looked very much like, this one:
http://www.wowhobbies.com/thestevebl...erter-1-1.aspx
So I ordered one, it seems to have done the trick, so far.
Tom
Zenom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2010, 07:21 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,
I'm a newbye so please forgive me for my lack of knowledge.
From the talk in the topic, can I assume that the original Blade Cx2/Cx3 motors are brushed?
Thanks.
Taron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2010, 06:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, that's right.
Zenom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2010, 08:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default brushless conversion

Anyone try this any more does it work? Any update on this
Old 02-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default brushless conversion.

Any more update on this brushless conversion? Is it good ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in