mSR DX6i Settings - Programming Log - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR

mSR Blade (eFlite) Micro SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 02:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mSR DX6i Settings - Programming Log

Hi Everyone:

Please find attached my current DX6i settings for the mSR. I prefer some mild negative EXPO around the centre of the sticks and I've added some mixing between RUDD->ELEV to try to remove the 5in1's automatic rudder mixing. I'm not a Tx expert but these settings seem to work for me and others will have different setup preferences. If you have any recommendations for me they would be welcome.

Hopefully this will help out those who are less familiar with the DX6i. I would like to thank Elamkin from rcgroups for the programming log template. Thanks.

- Linac

P.S. - Forgot to add - I'm on the advanced swash settings and have extra weight in the canopy for FFF.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mSR DX6i Linac.pdf (705.3 KB, 17893 views)
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Without my manual here what is the Power Setting do?
T Rex 600 pro Mikado Flybarless, 450 Pro Mikado Flybarless,MCX,mCPX brushless, Invertix 400, Parkzone Corsair,3D Hobby Shop AJ Slick,Funtana X100, Dynex 2.4,HK Rarebear, Habu 2, Nano CPX,ICON A5, Mako, Crac Yak,Venom FPV Hex
BPINE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2009, 09:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi BPINE:

I'm not familiar with the Power Setting, but here's what I came across from a useful site at http://www.rcheliwiki.com/Spektrum_DX6i

http://www.rcheliwiki.com/Spektrum_DX6i_crib_sheet
  • POWER SETTING
Sets the output radio power for your location. Options are A-EU 328 and B-US 247. The EU limits output power to 100mW, where as the limit in the US is 200mW.

-Linac
Old 10-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation

Playing with the settings a ton for indoor use I've found the best mix to be:

Throttle curve for INDOORS (I have a 2-bedroom apartment and the living room isn't exactly large) I have set at mode 0/normal as 0, 18, 48, 52, 58. Seems to work well for mine, then I kick it into mode 1 is normal 0, 25, 50, 75, 100 and mode 2 is 0, 50, 69, 84, 100 is for outdoors when there is little wind. It's nice just to step up one at a time outside too on the porch impressing the neighborhood kids just hoving in mode 0 then kick it into mode 2 and watch it goooooOOOOO!!!!

Try it. Seems to work well for me. (Although right now I'm attempting to put nail polish on a broken tail motor wire to keep it connected since it broke on a hard crash into one of my guitar amps. I'm frugal! Don't want to spend $15! lol) I would advise putting a piece of tape over those to avoid what happened to me...hopefully the nail polish (a few coats) will work.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i added tape to the tail...no different in flight. added paint too and now WOW...it flying like a 450!! I added throttle hold and some strange ass stuff too. I'm just DX7ing my ass off.

Last edited by Squiggy Wigginz; 10-11-2009 at 11:55 PM..
Squiggy Wigginz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2009, 08:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Put celophane tape all over the tail motor and painted the canopy and tail. added 1.4g to front end and .1 to backend causing the mSR to fly PERFECT now in 3-8MPH gusts and avoid landing on houses nearby. I scared a few drivers tonight I'm sure since it was hoving at 9 feet while they were driving by my place. :-) Life is good.
R/C Planes '84-'85, Cars '85-'92, Heli's 2008-Present. AMA #957254, IRCHA #3930, Blade 300cfx, 230S & Night, MCPS, TRex 500e FB, TRex 500L Dominator FBL, DJI Phantom FC40 & Spektrum DX9 Radio. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/mentalteleprosy

Last edited by Squiggy Wigginz; 10-11-2009 at 11:53 PM..
Squiggy Wigginz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2009, 09:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks and some questions

I would like to thank Linac for these settings as it really transforms the Msr and makes it much easier to fly.

Of course being an engineer I have to understand what the settings changes do.

A couple of questions:

Why is the travel adjust set to 125% ? How can you move a servo more than 100% ?

From my reading the Program Mix is to remover Rudder Elev mix that is built into the Msr.
To me it seems to make the Msr much easier to fly. Why would they have built the mix in originally ? Also why only apply this mix in Idle up and not all the time ?

Since the Msr is a fixed pitch are not the Pitch Curve settings irrelevant ?

Thanks in advance
ivan308 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2009, 10:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan308 View Post
I would like to thank Linac for these settings as it really transforms the Msr and makes it much easier to fly.

Of course being an engineer I have to understand what the settings changes do.

A couple of questions:

Why is the travel adjust set to 125% ? How can you move a servo more than 100% ?

From my reading the Program Mix is to remover Rudder Elev mix that is built into the Msr.
To me it seems to make the Msr much easier to fly. Why would they have built the mix in originally ? Also why only apply this mix in Idle up and not all the time ?

Since the Msr is a fixed pitch are not the Pitch Curve settings irrelevant ?

Thanks in advance
Hi Ivan:

Thank you for your feedback on the settings.

In stock form, the mSR automatically mixes rudder and elevator to provide more stable and localized piros which is much easier for new pilots. I have removed this mix in my settings as I prefer more natural (but more challenging) piros which better approximates the linear response of my Quark.

I'm not sure what you mean that the mix is only applied in idle up. I'll try to answer if you could restate the question.

I believe that the Pitch Curve settings do not apply to the mSR for the reason you stated.

I hope this helps. Thanks Ivan and have fun!

-Linac

Jan. 3/10 Follow Up from thread: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=182735

Ty01 has indicated that the travel adjust for servos will not exceed 100% even if it is set >100% and this was confirmed yesterday by myself. However, CocoSantango has indicated more response with travel adjust >100%. As aileron and elevator are set to 125% in my programming log and may make a difference to some pilots, no revision to the programming log will be made at this time. Thanks for your contributions guys.

Last edited by linac; 01-03-2010 at 12:31 AM.. Reason: Updated information re: servo travel adjust.
linac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi linac,

I've been flying the MSR for about 30 flight (no major crashes yet).. and i notice it"s very difficult to control it's turning.. Until I read your post about the stock pre-program setting between the rudder and elevator..

I tried mixing out the rudder/elevator.. it's great.. it piro better than the stock setting... some how the stock setting seems to give a bit of TBE when you do slow piro.. Now that I dial out the elev from the rudder.. it feels more predictable.. more like backward flight.. and it also does FF in circuit alot better..

I would strongly recommend people who has a programmable radio to try this out..

once again thanks for pointing this out..

cheers
Q
Old 02-14-2010, 10:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Q:

Thanks very much for your feedback! I'm glad that the settings are working out for you. Have fun!

-Linac
Old 02-14-2010, 11:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Cusker +++ wow! is all I can say!

Just started using the Dx6i settings offered (thanks) and they really work good, I have been on advanced swash.

Then yesterday I installed Cusker's mod. and wow, really I don't know what to say because of my lack of understanding. But I can say this, I was upside down for a little while until CFIT (controlled flight into terrain). One blade and one flybar later and I'm back in action. This is fun.
Locomoko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Got my B400 today. Haven't flown it of course but used your programming for the DX6I for my MSR....AWESOME!

Thank you : )
Ken
Daddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by linac View Post
Hi Q:

Thanks very much for your feedback! I'm glad that the settings are working out for you. Have fun!

-Linac

I had someone elses settings when I got my dx6i hooked up to the MSR and it wouldnt come backwards to me..it took forever...I just saw this post and tried this out and what a difference.....I feel like might be able to pull off a roll. so much quicker and sensitve, I love it. It whips back to me now with no prob. I cant wait to get the cusker mod I got so I can actually do a loop or a roll (as it states). With these settings it has alot more of a chance at least

Thanks
-Trex 250-Align gp750 gyro, ar6100 reciever, Align servo's
-Dx7
SleeveofWizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 09:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Loco, Daddy and Sleeve:

I'm glad you could find the programming log! Perhaps this thread should be made into a sticky so it is easier to see? What do you think?

Some of you are using the Cusker swash with the settings and have reported good results. I have the Cusker grips (which are great) but not the swash - I think it may be too fast for me! Thanks for your feedback guys.

-Linac
Old 02-16-2010, 09:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Linac,
Are you using your DX6i with clearview? I got a USB interface cable and got clearview to recognize it, but i can't get the thing to calibrate right. I only get half travel on aileron, all the sticks are twitchy, I dont have "z rotation" available. I used some settings i found here on the forums for it, set it in its own model, etc.

My thoughts are wondering if the USB cable is crap, maybe i need the audio cable or another program to run along side it (running windows 7)

Sorta off topic, but any input would be much appreciated.
Blade mCPX BL | MultiWii Quadrotor
branflake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2010, 09:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

"I got a USB interface cable and got clearview to recognize it, but i can't get the thing to calibrate right. I only get half travel on aileron, all the sticks are twitchy, I dont have "z rotation" available."

Did you calibrate your transmitter in Windows first?

Don
Digital Don is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2010, 11:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by branflake12 View Post
Linac,
Are you using your DX6i with clearview? I got a USB interface cable and got clearview to recognize it, but i can't get the thing to calibrate right. I only get half travel on aileron, all the sticks are twitchy, I dont have "z rotation" available. I used some settings i found here on the forums for it, set it in its own model, etc.

My thoughts are wondering if the USB cable is crap, maybe i need the audio cable or another program to run along side it (running windows 7)

Sorta off topic, but any input would be much appreciated.
Hi BF12 and Don:

I have not had success with linking my DX6i to Clearview, but I have only tried using the audio cable and have not done much work on it. BF12, where did you get your particular USB interface cable? I have been considering one or perhaps just buying the esky simulator for Clearview. Thanks and good luck with the setup.

-Linac
Old 02-17-2010, 11:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Don View Post
"I got a USB interface cable and got clearview to recognize it, but i can't get the thing to calibrate right. I only get half travel on aileron, all the sticks are twitchy, I dont have "z rotation" available."

Did you calibrate your transmitter in Windows first?

Don

In windows 7, i am not finding a calibration option. Will check tonight.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by linac View Post
Hi BF12 and Don:

I have not had success with linking my DX6i to Clearview, but I have only tried using the audio cable and have not done much work on it. BF12, where did you get your particular USB interface cable? I have been considering one or perhaps just buying the esky simulator for Clearview. Thanks and good luck with the setup.

-Linac
I have been using the FMS esky one as it is s straight fit, but i would like to use my real radio with all the swtiches and such for practice (practice like you play)

My cable is this one: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11996
Old 02-17-2010, 08:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks as well. Been flying my MSR for only 2 weeks and this helps a bunch!
twlosse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad to hear settings are working for you too twlosse! Enjoy. Linac

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.