HK 450 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Helicopters

Electric Helicopters Dedicated to larger than Micro/Mini Electric Helicopters of any Brand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 10:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HK 450

I posted this on another forum with very low feedback so i thought i would try this forum since it is dedicated to helis. I just copyed and pasted it sorry if it doesnt make since.

I know there are threads on the Hk 450 but i am new to helis and was wondering which is the best to get of the alloy version versis the pro with belt or torque tube.
The following 3(pros or cons of each if anyone knows?)

http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=10902 -pro with belt

http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=10901
-pro with shaft

http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=10900
-Alloy version of the HK450MT

And im very new like never flown one in real life but I use phoneix sim so and on it i can hover with nose in any direction and do figure 8s and very very mild 3d which normally ends in a crash unless i am hovering inverted or have good altiude. I have been flying planes for a while and i know that the simulator isnt a 100% accurte to your skills but I am fairly confident that i could hover a heli in real life right now, but wouldnt want to push it much passed that. I mainly want a heli i can grow into that will be able to do anything i throw at it or atleast last a year or two before needing to upgrade to something better.

This is the setup i want to use on one of the above helis:

Hobby King 401B AVCS Digital Head Lock Gyro x1
Turnigy E500 6T 4000Kv 200W Heli Motor x1
TURNIGY BESC Programming Card x1 (not sure why? someone told me to get one. anyone have an idea?)
TURNIGY Plush 40amp Speed Controller x1
Turnigy DS480 Digital Servo 1.85kg / .068sec / 10.9g x1
ZIPPY Flightmax 2200mAh 3S1P 25C x4
HXT900 9g / 1.6kg / .12sec Micro Servo x3

And a 11 and 13 tooth pinion and maybe an align screw set. Any suggestions to the set up/ changes anyone recomends?

I also hear that they dont come with manuals is there any truth to this?
Nightflyer114 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default hk 450

hi nightflyer...just passing through here and thought i would post as the stuff you are going to order is virtually the same as i was going to order last year.
i had a 400 esky.(very poor model and electrics) and wanted to go 450.
i wanted the hk450 pro tt.
after a bit of reaserch i decided to go with align as more posts in the clone forums were poor parts in the kits and parts out of stock, waiting for shipping ect.
costs a bit more but its well worth it...consider it....
the 401 gyro is a poor copy of a futaba...the innards are not the same..trust me i have owned both

you need the program card to program the esc.....you can do it with the tx but its a pain to.
chris.
chrismechanic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2010, 02:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

G'day Nightflyer. I have two HK's with near identical equipment you list. I do use Align motors,3600kv's I think,only because I had a couple spare laying around. I have crashed both HK's on numerous occasions and have used the odd Align part here and there because my spares box is bottomless so to speak,but usually stick to the HK stuff when I can. You will use some Align parts as you go,it will be self evident which HK bits are not up to par but they do fly OK out of the box.

The birds will fly ok if you set 'em up right. I use the 11t pinion. I do not trust freaky head speeds on HK's and the 4000 is going to scream, but that's just my opinion.

The 401 gyro works fine,however it is NOT a Futaba that is for sure. It will be OK for now.Just do the mod to be safe.

Stay away from torque tubes,they are for the brave at heart who have barrels of money. AKA expensive in a crash,OK?

No disrespect to other peoples opinions but if you are gunna crash and you will, it is better to crash an el-cheapo than a high end heli. Yeah sure the Align stuff is way better but that is not going to prevent you from crashing.Get all of your crashing done and dusted early on the HK's and then graduate to a better heli. These cheap clones demand respect and have limitations but set up correctly are a ball to fly.

Just use a standard Align manual to build the thing. The HK's are damn near identical. Build carefully and double check all your screws for tightness/threadlok etc.etc.

Enjoy!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.