Hurricane 200 V2 SX tail belt problem. - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > Hurricane 200

Hurricane 200 Discussion and support of the Gaui Hurricane 200

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
dbx
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Hurricane 200 V2 SX tail belt problem.

Hi, I have a Gaui 200 V2 SX with it a problem concerning the tail belt that I hope to solve with your help.

The belt is not centered over the front gear. The belt is tending to slip down over the gear and as a result it will twist over the guide wheel. I have put a 0.5mm washer in order to lower the guide wheels.

Further more I have checked the tail boom and it is OK. New main gear did not solve the problem.

I have also compared my 200 with a “correct” 200 and I can defiantly see a difference in how the tail belt centers differently on my.

On my 200 it looks as the belt come out of the tail boom much to low (not in the center of the boom).

In total 20 minutes of flying and already 3 destroyed tail belt :-( I want more flying and less problem with the mechanics. Up to now I have tried everything I can think of and I am “hoping” that some one have seen this before and have a solution.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	belt_slip.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	129208  
dbx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2009, 03:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Have you checked the main gear position? I know: normally, the main gear fits perfectly in its place, but in your 200 maybe it is too low.
egicar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2009, 03:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
dbx
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Checked and replaced also with a new. I have compared my 200 with a 200 that tracks the belt "as expected" and I can not see that my main gear is misaligned.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So.... you should check the guide wheels. Sometimes they slip up on the bearings.

That's one of mines
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3159.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	129217  

Last edited by egicar; 12-17-2009 at 04:52 PM..
Old 12-17-2009, 03:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
dbx
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Checked! They have not slipped on the bearings. But I have placed a 0.5mm washer (can bee seen on the photo) in order to lower them. They can slip upwards on the bearings but I have lower them with the washer.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The belt is coming out of your boom much too low. This is most likely due to a slightly bent boom. If you know it's been in a crash, you should go ahead and bend the tail up a little bit.

Also, i recently had a problem where I was breaking belts one after another. It turns out I was running with too little tension, and that allowed the belt to twist. A little lithium grease on the main pulley made a world of difference (thanks to rstacy for the advice).
Skyartec Cessna 182
chrisk71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Make sure at the proper belt tension: if you rotate the tail rotor belt, the motor should be driven by the tail rotor belt, but not too much tension.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
dbx
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No crash yet ;-) and I have rotated the boom 180 dgr (should revile if the boom is bent) and no improvement. I have been checking the belt tension between every flight and do not believe that the tension is to low.

I have not tried the grease, but I will next time I fly. The washer made it possible to fly during the last "indoor flight" in Gothenburg (Sweden)
Old 12-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
dbx
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by egicar View Post
Make sure at the proper belt tension: if you rotate the tail rotor belt, the motor should be driven by the tail rotor belt, but not too much tension.
Yes as described in the manual "If you rotate the tail rotor belt, the motor should be driven by the tail rotor belt"
Old 12-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Have you tried to slip a little bit the horizontal fin support in direction of the frame?
Old 12-17-2009, 04:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbx View Post
Yes as described in the manual "If you rotate the tail rotor belt, the motor should be driven by the tail rotor belt"
Exacly
Old 12-17-2009, 04:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
dbx
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Have you tried to slip a little bit the horizontal fin support in direction of the frame?
Hmmm... do not quite understand "horizontal fin support in direction of the frame". But no I don't think that I have?
Old 12-17-2009, 04:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbx View Post
Hmmm... do not quite understand "horizontal fin support in direction of the frame". But no I don't think that I have?
Sorry for my bad english: do you know the little support on the boom, were are fixed the two boom supports and the hor. fin?
If you slip it (and then you fix it) toward the frame, the tail lift up a little and the belt comes out more centered.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3162.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	129220  
Old 12-18-2009, 03:03 AM   #14 (permalink)
dbx
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Sorry for my bad english: do you know the little support on the boom, were are fixed the two boom supports and the hor. fin?
If you slip it (and then you fix it) toward the frame, the tail lift up a little and the belt comes out more centered.
Both yes and no. I have rotated the boom 180 dgr and the geometry of the belt coming out of the boom is the same. I have dismounted the boom and check it. No problem, it is strait.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Maybe this paint should better help.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Boom and tail.bmp (340.2 KB, 113 views)
Old 12-18-2009, 09:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
dbx
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes a good explanation. No I have not tried it as a solution to my problem but I am trying to "bend" the boom (at this moment) and I am do able to do it with mild force. The boom is strait and in order to solve my problem I must bend it if your suggested solution is to work, or?
Old 12-18-2009, 04:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Once you have bent the boom, I suggest you get rid of the extra washers you used to space the guide rollers. Go back to stock, otherwise the belt can slip over the top lip of the roller, invert and then tear. I know it happened to me about 4 times. I know it's an absolute bugger of a job to change the rollers but its worth it.

Running a decent tension is very helpful. The addition of grease easily offsets the added drag from the tension. I run this setup all the time now and have plenty of power. I've also bent and broken many booms without needing to change this belt.
Skyartec Cessna 182
chrisk71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #18 (permalink)
dbx
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk71 View Post
Once you have bent the boom, I suggest you get rid of the extra washers you used to space the guide rollers. Go back to stock, otherwise the belt can slip over the top lip of the roller, invert and then tear. I know it happened to me about 4 times. I know it's an absolute bugger of a job to change the rollers but its worth it.

Running a decent tension is very helpful. The addition of grease easily offsets the added drag from the tension. I run this setup all the time now and have plenty of power. I've also bent and broken many booms without needing to change this belt.
Have you experienced the same problem as I? Do you relay mean that the solution is to bend the boom? It must be an other "mechanical error" on my copter, or?
Old 12-18-2009, 05:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
dbx
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk71 View Post

Hmmm... I have noticed your problem on "Crazy Belt Wear" https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...ight=tail+belt and it seams as you have some experience in "belt problem".
Old 12-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't think that is nescessar to bent the boom, but only to lift up the tail a little bit.
You sholud make the two boom supports to work in compression.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.