Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos

MSH Protos MSH Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Do you have any idea how rare it is to have a manufacturer participate at all in a forum? And yet some of you (you know who you are) just keep picking at him until he gets mad.

Congratulations.
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Geez guys. I've been reading MSH forums on this site and the other site for a long time now. I've seen so many shots taken at Corrado and don't understand why? This guy came out with an awesome heli and now an awesome looking 450 and I've seen him take more abuse than anyone. How many other companies do you see doing factory support? C'mon guys, why don't we give him a break and just enjoy one of the best flying helis out there? I run a business myself so I know how it feels. The guy puts alot of time and effort(and money) into developing a very nice looking 450 and the first question from everyone is "great, so where is the 600?" Thats kind of a slap in the face. Corrado, keep up the good work!!!
philevon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't listen to the bad comments, Corrado.
You have here too many people saying very good things about you and your products.

There are always some "black sheeps" around forums. I wonder what's their contribution to this hobby...
As one uses to say: if you are not happy, make better stuff yourself.

Keep it up!!! I'm always beating on other 500 class helis for the Protos (even my own T-Rex 500).

I'm not finding a reason to buy a 450 of any brand, but if the mini Protos is that good, I might look at it. Currently, I'm trying to sell the Align and go to another Protos with a plastic frame...
Multiplex Parkmaster 3D
whisperdancer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2010, 10:47 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I guess "where is 600" has become standard joke on this forum.
Just as "where is 700" will be when 600 gets out

Corrado dont take it personally
Old 02-09-2010, 10:48 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Corrado,

Stick around, please. Having you here is invaluable.
Ecaf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2010, 11:05 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFreq View Post
I think i made my time on this forum guys, take care.

Corrado
Please weigh the occasional jokes at your expense against the amount of money the members of this forum have put into your pocket. Most especially when you're about to introduce a product into a very crowded market, and can most benefit from the good will you've accumulated here.

If interaction with customers is not your cup of tea, perhaps you can hire or recruit somebody to provide online support in your place.

This forum, as a whole, recommended patience to people who bought new kits which were missing parts that the vendors were not able to replace in a timely fashion.

A very few people have made jokes at your expense. A very few Protos kits came without all necessary parts.

Neither you, nor the customers, should, as a consequence, abandon the other.

Jim
Old 02-09-2010, 11:12 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm happy as a "Pig in S#*t" with my Protos and I haven't even flown it yet. The build was the most enjoyable I've done and not a single piece missing.
I'm not really that into the 450 size heli's but might pick up the Mini P.

As far as a 600 Protos I'd love to see the Protos' tech in a big bird and that should be a compliment to what Corrado has done in the rc heli world not a slap in the face.
Now the 450 and 500 are done Corrado must need something else to design and a 600 (to me) is the logical next step.
If a 600 does ever come to light it'll definitely bring some well needed competition to the 600 market as there aren't many high end units out besides the Logo's.
GimpyGolden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

As someone who reads here 10 times daily for the past 7 months, +1 to leaving Corrardo alone! Let him feel good about coming to us. He has already stopped posting on Rcgroups after folks were rude. Even when new canopy was released, the first post was a "jokingly rude" comment. Please stop harassing this guy over stupid stuff. Act and speak in a manner that invites more conversation rather than hinder it.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:12 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

PLEASE NO MORE "Protos 600" TALK!!!!!!!!!!

Give it a rest, every forums post it seems to comment on a 600. Lets love the mini Protos for a year and see what comes down the road later. Appreciate what we have!! I have no wish for a 600 because I could only afford a couple of batts for it, whereas I can afford 10 for my 500. Batts need to cheapen before coming mainstream.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just saying I love the design and would like to see more of it.
Keep up the good work whatever you do Corrado
GimpyGolden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm groovy on the 450! Can't wait to get one!

As a guy who owns a 600, it's not all that. I have way more fun throwing the vBar protos and 450 around with abandon. I think MSH 100% made the right move to release the 450 second. It's a huge market, gets n00bs into the MSH brand, and creates a dedicated customer base that will buy bigger heli's later. Align certainly didn't release the 600 first, right? You NEED a 450 in your line. I think Mikado would be way more popular if they played in the 450 market as well and didn't have a stupid distribution model in the US.

For a third heli, I think a 550mm heli that could stretch to 600mm would be better anyway. Unless you go crazy on the 600 power system, it just blows. On the Logo 600 most guys run a 4035 motor, 10s, 5000mah (2x 5s 5000mah batteries). This is just INSANELY expensive. Even with hobby king batteries. I can fly a 550mm on 12's 2650's and get protos like performance. That would make me happy.

Bravo Corrado on a ground breaking 450. If it's truly 80-100g lighter then a 450 Pro it'll be the 450 to beat.

I already can't stand my Pro. It's so hard to work on! The Protos Mini has nice open frames. Can't wait.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #52 (permalink)

End of the day, you have got to be able to take a joke.Ok the same old joke might get lame BUT as long as its not offensive or abusive.
Mind you i am a Brit and we can take a joke
Hope i have not offended anyone with that attempt of humour
Ripcord is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2010, 07:20 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

someone registered with the express intention of being an asshole to highfreq, behind the cloak of a throwaway account.

I think Corrado must appreciate that for every worm there are 10 regulars who proselytize for Protos, both on and offline. Showing up in the forum even irregularly is a real plus for everyone, I hope it continues!

Last edited by nyc863; 02-09-2010 at 08:36 PM..
nyc863 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Corrado,
I just want to say keep up the good work! I love the 500 and would love the 450 too if I ever get one. Don't let us get you down because you are doing fine.
One small question as to a 600 though. Have you considered a nitro 600? I bet you could build one that would blow the Trex away!
Just a thought!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc863 View Post
"BAMBAM cheapskate" evidently registered with the express intention of being an ahole to highfreq, behind the cloak of a throwaway account.

I think Corrado must appreciate that for every worm there are 10 regulars who proselytize for Protos, both on and offline. Showing up in the forum even irregularly is a real plus for everyone, I hope it continues!
quote cleaned up for minors

Thats a bit rough mate, what I said was merely a joke. I am not here to bash anyone or product. I just recently bought two kits and come on here to get info etc. The fact is one of the kits was short of items. I have already said I really like the kits and I am sure I will be singing more praise soon.

Yeh I am a protos newby and I wasnt aware of Corrados history of packing up his bat and ball and going home. I checked some of his past posts and he appeared to be a decent bloke, even apologizing for missing bits. I am sure I will miss him from these forums too.

Throw away account? check archeli, I got a year on you.

I think you owe me an apology

Last edited by BAMBAM cheapskate; 02-10-2010 at 04:18 AM.. Reason: correct spelling
BAMBAM cheapskate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2010, 10:31 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

In defense of Corrado and for that matter any other small shop manufacturer "non Align" what people do not understand is there is an absolute ton of time involved in developing a new model and of course a ton of cash involved. There is always a risk Matrix involved in this process and small shop manufacturers really depend on the time and risk alot of their dough in doing so, a wrong design could sink them indeed. Making a smaller or larger version of your favourite model is much much more then simply downscaling or upscaling the original blueprint folks. As jpc says very few creators involve themselves at forum levels and one can appreciate those who do.

Last edited by OICU812; 02-10-2010 at 12:34 AM..
OICU812 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010, 04:45 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

A shill account wouldnt be complete with out a couple of protos and a hundred bucks worth of spares, just in case I get called out

I think trickybits summed it up well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickybit
Please weigh the occasional jokes at your expense against the amount of money the members of this forum have put into your pocket. Most especially when you're about to introduce a product into a very crowded market, and can most benefit from the good will you've accumulated here.

If interaction with customers is not your cup of tea, perhaps you can hire or recruit somebody to provide online support in your place.

This forum, as a whole, recommended patience to people who bought new kits which were missing parts that the vendors were not able to replace in a timely fashion.

A very few people have made jokes at your expense. A very few Protos kits came without all necessary parts.

Neither you, nor the customers, should, as a consequence, abandon the other.

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P2101884.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	138710  
BAMBAM cheapskate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010, 04:53 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
In defense of Corrado.
The way I see it the only defense he needs is from himself.

After rereading these posts with name calling and acceptance of Corrados behavior as normal. I have come to the conclusion I dont belong here.

And Corrado, dont worry I wont waste my time on you any more.

ANd nyc863, we dont live so far apart and one day when you are looking at me I will bet all that I have you wont be running your mouth off.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:33 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM cheapskate View Post
The way I see it the only defense he needs is from himself.

After rereading these posts with name calling and acceptance of Corrados behavior as normal. I have come to the conclusion I dont belong here.

And Corrado, dont worry I wont waste my time on you any more.

ANd nyc863, we dont live so far apart and one day when you are looking at me I will bet all that I have you wont be running your mouth off.
I've never saw this on a forum (threatening a member).
You really must have a problem of some kind...
I guess Corrado and all the forum members need you as you said you need MSH.
Your loss, our gain.

Go away, please. I personally thank you for that.
Multiplex Parkmaster 3D
whisperdancer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010, 06:36 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM cheapskate View Post

Quality....

How old are you? 12? I haven't heard a threat like this since I was in grade school.

Please go away now.
Ecaf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in