Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 07:22 AM   #41 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Here is one of the only videos of my flying from all the way back in 2006. It has some BS'ing around at the beginning but 2/3rds of the video is my flying. I try to fly in control and smooth, although this is not my best flight, you can kinda get the idea. Who can guess what brand of blades I am flying. This was one of my last Nitro flights, I went all E shortly after this was filmed.

http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=...AndFriends.wmv

The sad part is that Bert was learning inverted autos this very day and look at him now.... Some people have it, others like me... well.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2010, 12:09 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Not bad Will, I'd like to see one of your more recent electric flights
Old 02-11-2010, 12:42 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure that this counts, as it is fairly high up and there is a bit of flipping around.

This is with a Kyosho Caliber 700, which is a little slower responding than what I usually fly, but quite smooth (I like to fly smoothly):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op7dtivLSYk[/ame]

The machine is, of course, equipped with KBDD Paddles and Tail Blades.
(Flybar is mounted in the rear hole of the paddle-faster cyclic position).
Old 02-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
Not sure that this counts, as it is fairly high up and there is a bit of flipping around.

This is with a Kyosho Caliber 700, which is a little slower responding than what I usually fly, but quite smooth (I like to fly smoothly):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op7dtivLSYk

The machine is, of course, equipped with KBDD Paddles and Tail Blades.
(Flybar is mounted in the rear hole of the paddle-faster cyclic position).
Wow awesome smooth flight there! Thats where I want to be soon, you controlled your inverted orientations very well! Excellent job! Thanks for the video! Inspirational to me!
RCTada is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2010, 01:38 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

"Wow awesome smooth flight there! Thats where I want to be soon, you controlled your inverted orientations very well! Excellent job! Thanks for the video! Inspirational to me!"

Thank you for the very kind comments, but its not me-its the KBDD Paddles and Tail Blades!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #46 (permalink)
Team Taco Member

My HF Map location

Here is one of my slow flights.. I do lots of flips and rolls but I did them slow in this video..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzzPeF07NaE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0iJ0mFjPQU[/ame]
bpd964 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2010, 02:23 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice flight Ah Clem, I love the large E powered machines! A friend just asked me to build him a 700LE3G and do a E conversion straight away, I'm looking forward to the job, but more so... to the setup flying!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

bpd964,

That was very sweet flying there my friend, very on the mark as to what I was looking for, nice control! You get bonus point because of the snow! Are you a native to Connecticut?
Old 02-11-2010, 02:33 PM   #49 (permalink)
Team Taco Member

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by snjbird View Post
bpd964,

That was very sweet flying there my friend, very on the mark as to what I was looking for, nice control! You get bonus point because of the snow! Are you a native to Connecticut?
Thanks..

Yes, born and raised in Connecticut..
Old 02-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Me 2, Dambury area, right around Candelwood Lake!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #51 (permalink)
Team Taco Member

My HF Map location

Oh yeah.. Candlewood lake has the best fishing around. And Super Sundays at Marcus dairy with the bike's..
Old 02-11-2010, 03:00 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ya I moved away in 89 to go to flight school in FL, made a revelation... no snow down here
Old 02-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #53 (permalink)
Team Taco Member

My HF Map location

Quote:
Ya I moved away in 89 to go to flight school in FL, made a revelation... no snow down here
Ha.. Lucky you missed the 8-10 inches we just got.. It's ok though, Cape Coral is my vacation/retirement spot..
Old 02-11-2010, 07:20 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well nice flying, keep it up mate!
Old 02-12-2010, 04:13 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I found one video here on heli-freak that I like very much. Nice controlled flying style. It is the video from Finless Bob when he flies his 450 pro after the build.

I dont know how to link it but you can find it at the 450 pro build section in bob's techroom.

Dutch Compass Maniac's

Last edited by gevaho; 02-12-2010 at 06:49 AM..
gevaho is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2010, 06:23 AM   #56 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Interesting, I also attended Flight School in 89 in FLA. I met my wife while in FLA attending.

My Wife's Brother, Mother and Sister all have homes on Candlewood Lake. Her Mom has had hers for 30+ years. Her brothers was built in 1789 and moved when they built the lake, it is right across the street from the Candlewood Inn.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:44 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

See, it is a small world Will, in 1968 my parents built their home on a Island called Candelwood Isle. They lived there till an offer came along they couldn't refuse, that was in 1998, so they were there for 30 years too! I miss the lake, Down the Hatch and the Candelwood Inn, but I don't miss shoveling snow, driving in Ice storms, and living in a place that has roads that were made for cart and buggy!

Quote:
I found one video here on heli-frak that I like very much. Nice controlled flying style. It is the video from Finless Bob when he flies his 450 pro after the build.

I dont know how to link it but you can find it at the 450 pro build section in bob's techroom.
In the first post I asked Bob to post a video... either he has not seen the thread, or he is being modest...
Old 02-12-2010, 06:50 AM   #58 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
See, it is a small world Will, in 1968 my parents built their home on a Island called Candelwood Isle. They lived there till an offer came along they couldn't refuse, that was in 1998, so they were there for 30 years too! I miss the lake, Down the Hatch and the Candelwood Inn, but I don't miss shoveling snow, driving in Ice storms, and living in a place that has roads that were made for cart and buggy!

In the first post I asked Bob to post a video... either he has not seen the thread, or he is being modest...
Bob has been out of town in Rochester, NY for a week for work. Almost every one of his build videos has test flying the machine he just built in them. Bob flys pretty well, better than I do.

We go to Down the hatch quite a bit. It definitely is a small world and I would have a hard time in that cold environment as well. I know where Caldlewood Isle is as well. Nice place to grow up for sure. The roads are still ripped to shreads from all the plowing. My Brother-In-Law is friends with one of the plow drivers who works for the city and has ridden along, he said it was crazy on the steep hills around there.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My Evo 50 flying filmed a couple years ago

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WC_H7ETBoo[/ame]
EKI16 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2010, 10:01 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice flight Eric...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in