Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 10:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Where are the parts for this bird

Nobody seems to have parts to fix this thing! I finally had my first crash today due to the unpredictable throttle response in idle up mode. Either too much or not enough...I know adjust the tcm knob. Anyway does anyone know of a vender that is carrying the main gear? Appears that is all that is damaged. It is still flyable but missing a few teeth in one spot. Flew out the rest of the battery with no problems. The motor just skips over the broken teeth. Would like to fix it ASAP though, since I don't want to fly it like this and screw up the motor or something.
tjm5837 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are plenty of parts available for the SR, just not the main gears.

My local hobby stores still don't have any in stock. Did E-flight not expect such a great demand for this part or is there a problem with supply? They should have anticipated that this would be a common part to ruin, especially with all the newbie CP owners that this bird is targetted at.

I got lucky. While I was on vacation last week, I walked into a hole-in-the-wall hobby store and they had two main gears on the rack. I took both of them, of course. It'll probably be months before they get any more in stock.

I was flying mine with a couple of divots in the main gear, before I got the replacements. I don't think it will damage your motor.

Last edited by all-thumbs; 04-20-2010 at 07:28 PM.. Reason: misspelling
all-thumbs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by all-thumbs View Post
I was flying mine with a couple of divots in the main gear, before I got the replacements. I don't think it will damage your motor.
I surely hope not as i've got a few teeth worn pretty good but I just keep on flying
Southern Heart Soaps Lotions & Potions
hueman09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2010, 07:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueman09 View Post
I surely hope not as i've got a few teeth worn pretty good but I just keep on flying
I had been flying mine for about 3 weeks with a main gear missing teeth, but yesterday she took a big dirt nap...

So, now I'm down until I can get a main gear, flybar cage, center hub, tail motor mount, tail motor, landing gear, and main frame (cracked, but might be ok with some CA)...

This is the first night I haven't been able to fly since I bought my SR...

It really sucks thinking it will be 3 weeks until I can get back in the air... E-Flite really dropped the ball on this one... Especially, since this is my first heli and my first E-Flite product...

I'm really thinking of picking up a B400 RTF, since I want/need the DX6i... At least I know I can get parts for a B400... Or maybe I'll pick up an Axe 400 RTF, and see if their support is better than E-Flite's...

Hmmm...
TL697 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2010, 08:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Before I get myself into trouble, I should say that I don't think it will hurt your motor as long as it's only a few missing teeth or small divots. Perhaps if there are deep notches in the main gear or many missing teeth, then I could see that excessive vibration might result in premature wear of the bearings in the motor. This is just speculation.

Mine wasn't so bad that there was noticeable vibration. It just didn't sound nice. I still didn't feel entirely comfortable until I had a new main gear in place.
all-thumbs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2010, 02:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have maingears but STILL waiting on mixing arms. Never broke one on a heli so I didn't order it in advance.
singingperry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm going on just about 2 mths being down (since the beginning of March). It's a real bummer too ... I wanna fly this bad boy!

Needed:
1) Center Hub
2) Swash Plate
Old 04-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine has been down waiting on a Center Hub as well.

Tony
Old 04-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyRumore View Post
Mine has been down waiting on a Center Hub as well.

Tony
If you're brave and want to try and drill a very straight hole, you could increase the size of the main shaft hole of a CP center hub from 3mm to the 4mm you need for the SR. Apart from that, as I understand, it's the very same center hub. I just have trouble drilling exactly straight and always end up with wobbles.
DKS_ONE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKS_ONE View Post
If you're brave and want to try and drill a very straight hole, you could increase the size of the main shaft hole of a CP center hub from 3mm to the 4mm you need for the SR. Apart from that, as I understand, it's the very same center hub. I just have trouble drilling exactly straight and always end up with wobbles.
I answered this in another thread, but long story short: Using EFLH 1145....
1) Enlarge the mainshaft hole with a 5/32" drill (=3.984something mm......close enough to 4mm)
2) use a 1/16" bit to enlarge the Jesus bolt hole.

Go fly

It's been working for 10 days now. I wouldn't worry about how true your bore is because they wobble from the factory to begin with. I used a handdrill with a bubble level on the handle end to come as close to a true upright bore. The rest of the dimensions are practically identical....think about it, with tooling costing as much as it does, why redesign an identical part except for the mainshaft size?

Jake
DJI Mavic Pro
lightbg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2010, 06:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by singingperry View Post
I have maingears but STILL waiting on mixing arms. Never broke one on a heli so I didn't order it in advance.
I've got a couple spare mixing arms... If that's all you need, I'll send them to you... I'll be down for at least 3 weeks, so they won't do me any good...

I have a B400 on the way...
Old 04-22-2010, 12:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

TL...u get that deal from Ultimate ? I'm on the hunt myself but can't decide if the B400 will be bigger and easier to see than the SR. I'm thinking a true 450 or 500 gives a better silhouette
Southern Heart Soaps Lotions & Potions
hueman09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2010, 05:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think there due in June but my LHS gets shipments in periodically. Sometimes you can get parts on eBay too..
Old 04-22-2010, 10:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've found RC Hover, a forum sponsor, has a very good parts supply. I even got the elusive main gear there last week.
Ted13b is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2010, 01:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted13b View Post
I've found RC Hover, a forum sponsor, has a very good parts supply. I even got the elusive main gear there last week.

Wow that really chaps me as i placed an order with them last week for a bunch of stuff they showed in stock (gears included). Waited a week, heard nothing and then had to hound them for my money back.
Joseph T. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lightbulb E-Flight and parts

Sold my SR as I am learning and don't want to keep waiting on parts. Was thinking of getting a 400 as E-Flights service is the best I have ever seen.They are allways helpful and send parts quick if you have a good reason. The SR was like the Beatles, no one saw it coming...Was wanting an Align 450,but have no experiance with the dealer, manufacturer, Was told Here, bigger is easier....Dave not a cig..it's mojo....
Old 04-22-2010, 02:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Both my primary and spare aircraft have missing teeth on the main gear. It sounds bad, but does not adversely affect flight.

Blade mSR ~ no frills
Blade SR #1 ~ no frills (awaiting parts)
Blade SR #2~ 10T pinion, C/F CP Pro blades, fly weights inboard
AirMedMech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2010, 05:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueman09 View Post
TL...u get that deal from Ultimate ? I'm on the hunt myself but can't decide if the B400 will be bigger and easier to see than the SR. I'm thinking a true 450 or 500 gives a better silhouette
I hope so... It's been a pain in the ass due to an address discrepency... I submitted my order on Tues, and got an email today saying my order was cancelled due to the billing address being different from my CC even though in the "notes" section, I had my billing address... I guess their computer security deal doesn't look in the "notes" section, si my order got cancelled... I called today, and just placed my order again... Hopefully, it will ship out tomorrow...
Old 04-22-2010, 07:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Caution to you guys learning on the Sr and ordering Blade 400's. That bird is a real nightmare to control. you'll need to tame it down quite a bit if your used to the SR. I have an align trex 450 pro, which I tamed down with my dx7. It flys at least 10 times easier and better than the SR. It's very stable and predictable and handles wind very well. Tail is rock solid. It won't move on mine unless I move it. It will take a while to build though. I spent about 1 and 1/2 to 2 months on the build using the finless vids. Tore the whole thing apart and lubed, locktighted and balanced and leveled the crap out of it. I guess that's why it flys so well. Used this bird to learn on, have not crashed it or even close. In contrast was flying the Sr and the Trex from live learning day 1. Lots of near crashes with the SR with one crash, but none with the Trex (knock on wood) and keep in mind the Trex pro 450 is a very high performance 3D bird. Probably about 25 flights on each now. Hovering all orientations and some FF.
If you go the Blade 400 route. I would highly recommend this E-book available at Redrocket hobby.com:
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-helicopter-tips.html
It is an instant download to the computer. It will absolutely make the Blade 400 as easy to learn on as the Sr if not a lot more so. I used it on my Trex and never looked back. The 12 bucks will save at least a hundred in repairs. Whatever you do . . . Good luck with those Blade 400's
tjm5837 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2010, 07:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjm5837 View Post
Caution to you guys learning on the Sr and ordering Blade 400's. That bird is a real nightmare to control. you'll need to tame it down quite a bit if your used to the SR. I have an align trex 450 pro, which I tamed down with my dx7. It flys at least 10 times easier and better than the SR. It's very stable and predictable and handles wind very well. Tail is rock solid. It won't move on mine unless I move it. It will take a while to build though. I spent about 1 and 1/2 to 2 months on the build using the finless vids. Tore the whole thing apart and lubed, locktighted and balanced and leveled the crap out of it. I guess that's why it flys so well. Used this bird to learn on, have not crashed it or even close. In contrast was flying the Sr and the Trex from live learning day 1. Lots of near crashes with the SR with one crash, but none with the Trex (knock on wood) and keep in mind the Trex pro 450 is a very high performance 3D bird. Probably about 25 flights on each now. Hovering all orientations and some FF.
If you go the Blade 400 route. I would highly recommend this E-book available at Redrocket hobby.com:
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-helicopter-tips.html
It is an instant download to the computer. It will absolutely make the Blade 400 as easy to learn on as the Sr if not a lot more so. I used it on my Trex and never looked back. The 12 bucks will save at least a hundred in repairs. Whatever you do . . . Good luck with those Blade 400's
Thanks for the recommendations and the heads-up... I plan to take it slow with the B400... I feel pretty confident with the SR... It seems "too tame" in my opinion... I've only crashed it a few times, and think I could have saved them if the heli responded better... When I get the parts for m SR, and my DX6i from my B400 Combo, I'll get everything set-up like it should be... The B400 is actually just a bonus deal for me since I needed a DX6i for my crawlers and scalers as well as my SR, anyways...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in