Co-Pilot II - How To, Made Simple! - Page 12 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #221 (permalink)
Bri
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Your swash mix probably has something to do with only getting to the mid 40%, I am sure the gurus will chime in on this. End points could also affect this as well, I believe.

As far as your trims, go into the manual and read up about setting the flight angles. I think this will get you squared away. Another thing (I think) some guys do is physically adjust the sensors. Again, might want to wait for nightflyr or one of the other "masters" to give his input.

One more thing, the area you fly in could affect the way heli reacts (drifts?).

T-Rex 700F3C / T-Rex 450 Pro / Blade mCPX / Blade mSR / Blade mCX / Walkera 53Q3
JR X9503 /
Spektrum DX7
Phoenix Sim
Bri is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2010, 04:23 PM   #222 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Hi, I got co-pilot II and installed on my align 450 pro a couple days ago and it's installed and working for the most part but....
before cpII install my trims were centered perfect, very little subtrim and bird hovers nearly hands off. now after installing cpII and at the part of trimming the heli first with cpII off, I had to give 3/4 forward elev trim and 3/4 right aile trim to have stable hover. turn on cpII and it maxed forward elev trimm out as well as maxed right aile trim out and it hovers near perfect but can't fly with trims like that...

I turned off cpII and set auto trim to 0 as well as unplugged main sensor to try checking trim without any interaction from cpII and now have perfect centered trims again and everything is as it was before.....

also I did the quick setup and learned travel limits but only got about mid 40% on both. not sure if this has any affect on the cpII but on my dx6i under swash I limit aile and elev to 35% makes it much easer for me to fly.
i'm probably forgetting something during setup?
thanks for any help.

To start with begin with a linear pitch curve 0 - 25 - 50 - 75 - 100, have no D/R or expo.

When you teach the CPII your stick travel, do the stick movement in less than 2 seconds if you take too long it will only register up to that %.

And have your Travels set @ 100% in your Tx

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2010, 05:10 PM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users

HI, to much reading on all this over the last week and setting everything up got my brain fried..tired & can't think!
increasing my swash for aile and elev does get a higher % in cpII learning travel limits and I think I did the learning travel limits in the 2 seconds. travel limits or end points are set to 100%
th curve is 0-50-80-80-80
pitch curve is 42-46-50-75-100 D/R & EXPO are 100 and +25%
swash mix is 35% aile 35% elev 65% pitch I can fly it well like this but I can change these if it affects cpII.
after reading more post I turned off auto trim in cpII, leveled a spot in the backyard, set the 450 pro on it..leveled "more" on the main sensor best I could and did quick setup again and preflight and hovered. trim was about 50% better but still way off and it was quick to level flight moving left or back but slow to react from moving right and forward but I just read someing about that in some post in this thread somewere..see if I can find that again!. so if i'm understanding right it's an issue with leveling the main sensor better and i'll do the manual set flight angle way to see if I can get the trims better.
thanks for help guys
Dlee2010 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2010, 03:06 PM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users

got to fly today and made a few adjustments.. 450 pro trim is perfect with cpII off and I turned on cpII and trimmed with set flight angles 0.4 up & 1.3 R got a perfect still hover but my swash is noticably angled right and back when using set flight angles. flew it some..was really fun! actualy hovered nose in first time...
could I just rotate the main sensor a little..left or right? left I think would bring it back to the right untel it levels up and shows 0.0 in set flight angles or should I leave the sensor level and alone might cause other problems?
Old 10-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #225 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlee2010 View Post
got to fly today and made a few adjustments.. 450 pro trim is perfect with cpII off and I turned on cpII and trimmed with set flight angles 0.4 up & 1.3 R got a perfect still hover but my swash is noticably angled right and back when using set flight angles. flew it some..was really fun! actualy hovered nose in first time...
could I just rotate the main sensor a little..left or right? left I think would bring it back to the right untel it levels up and shows 0.0 in set flight angles or should I leave the sensor level and alone might cause other problems?
To quote my daddy..."If it ain't broken, don't fix it" if it is flying well leave well enough alone

Old 10-18-2010, 06:41 PM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlee2010 View Post
It sounds like it's flying pretty well. I can be a stickler for details too, but it's easy to get caught up in trying to have everything beyond perfect. After using it for a while you'll discover that CPII really isn't that complicated, in fact it's pretty straight forward. With all the new terms and flow charts in the manual it's easy to get the idea that it's more complex than it is. From what you described as to what it's doing for your 450, it sounds like it's operating just fine. Remember, CPII is just a flight stabilization system, not an auto pilot that will stick your heli in mid air like some frozen-time scifi flick. If you're able to able hover nose in with it for the first time, that's a pretty huge leap.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:48 AM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks,
got to fly 3 packs sunday..was pretty windy and on first pack I thought I was going to crash after just getting in the air..gust blowing it all around but flipped the gyro switch turning on cpII and it calmed down remarkably. no perfect hover but or doing nose in but I was able to fly all over, infact I thought it was one of the more relaxed and enjoyable flights I have had with the pro. no change in setup..gonna fly it as is a while...
Old 11-06-2010, 09:42 AM   #228 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default CPII GoLED installation

Ok to install the GoLED module...

The CPII Go LED is a great accessory for any CPII system running firmware version 1.42 or higher. Need the latest firmware? Click here to install the FREE CPII Firmware Update Utility. Please note, firmware upgrades also require either the FUIM2 or newer FUIM3 PC USB interface. Simple to install and operate, the CPII Go LED connects in-line between the CPII Avionics computer and either the main or vertical sensor, and provides real-time weather indication at a glance using 3 high intensity SMT LEDs (red, yellow, green). When used with CPII systems including the Vertical Sensor, Go LED mirrors the pre-flight temperature readout usually displayed on the IRNet programmer but using the LED’s to let you know the weather status in real time. When used with CPII systems that do not include the Vertical Sensor, Go LED supports manual weather calibration by pressing and holding the MODE button. Additionally, CPII Go LED includes CPII system error messaging and flashes LEDs in certain sequences to help you trouble-shoot potential CPII issues. Now with CPII Go LED, CPII systems pre-flight checking and full capabilities are easily accessible at a glance without requiring the IRNet programmer or router. Click here for the CPII Go LED manual. The ALL NEW “Co Pilot II PC Display Software” is an adjunct product available as a free download for your Windows PC. It requires the FUIM3 PC USB interface for interconnecting the CPII Avionics computer to your PC. The software may be used as an alternative to the IRNet Programmer and Router allowing access to any programming or pre-flight functions of CPII on your Windows PC. By combining the features of the CPII Go LED, the CPII PC Display Software, and the FUIM3 PC USB interface, Revolectrix is now able to offer lower cost, full-featured Flight Stabilization systems as an alternative to the original IRNet-based systems. Click here to explore the new CPII LT product line.

This is how I installed mine, your free to locate the GoLED where ever it is most visible for you..

Old 11-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #229 (permalink)
Registered Users

If I'm reading you rite I believe you have to have zero expo and a 100% servo travel.you can set the gain percentage of control you have through the cp2 settings. The further away from center stick the more control you have. Might down load the manual and read that part because I caint remeber.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:35 PM   #230 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Installation and operation of GoLED

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2s5xbGFvR8[/ame]

Old 11-10-2010, 05:22 AM   #231 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

Would just like to extend a big thank you to everybody involved in giving advice on this thread. Installed the Co-Pilot II on my Trex 600 ESP. Was always very hesitant to fly the bird. Was very proficient at hovering but never the nerve to do anything else.

Well can report that after doing an intensive study of this tread I manged to sort out all problems before doing first flight with CP. Had a slight trim issue but managed to sort out and had a steady hover with a slight drift in the wind as expected.

Flew six packs today and by the last pack was hovering nose in and flying figure eights at speeds and altitudes I would never have imagined.

Thanks again for a great tread and excellent product FMA. I would recommend this product to anybody learning to fly helicopters but just need the confidence to take the next step

Dirk
South Africa
Relborg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010, 06:24 AM   #232 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got the co-pilot last week. Is it normal for the temperature differential to register between 58-61 degrees whether I'm indoors or out?

Thanks for the help

Last edited by nlrich; 11-16-2010 at 02:35 PM..
nlrich is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010, 02:42 PM   #233 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Disregard readings when your indoors, the vertical sensor gets confused...

Try it outside and see what you get..

Old 11-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #234 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's the same outdoors.
nlrich is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2010, 02:30 AM   #235 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My highest readings wherein the high 30's to low 40's .. depending on the ground temp and air temp.

You can check by using a thermal gauge to see how accurate the readings are

Old 01-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #236 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would like to thank nightflyr and howard for all their help. I have the cp2 installed on my trex 450 fixed pitch.Here's some pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8968 1200x797.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	200020   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8966 1200x797.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	200021  
johnnycat500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #237 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Very interesting...how does it fly???

Old 01-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #238 (permalink)
Registered Users

It flys great in the hands of a good pilot which I am not...LOL For more info go In the honeybee v1/v2 thread look up fixed pitch 450 by Helihankster. This is his brain child
johnnycat500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2011, 06:09 AM   #239 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi nightflyr. I have 1 question for you.
In tx do i set 1 servo@ normal or 3 servos@ 120 ?
Thank you for replies.
hatfield1237pa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #240 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If your flying a stock flybarred helicopter IE TREX 450....3 servo 120 degree

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.