Co-Pilot II - How To, Made Simple! - Page 24 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 03:17 AM   #461 (permalink)
Registered Users

Joe, just wondering if you've already sorted out the brownout issue you were experiencing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFiend View Post
I finally have my co-pilot working properly. What a great confidence builder when learning to fly larger CP helis!

I'm having one small problem. After 2-3 minutes of hovering, my motor cuts out completely. Fortunately I was only hovering about 2-3 feet high so I didn't have any damage.

After the motor cuts out, it will spool right back up again for another 30-60 seconds.

Is this considered a "brown out?" How can I cure this problem?

I am using a brand new Turnigy battery 2200 mah, 25 C.
I'm also using this E-Flite ESC: http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...s-esc-EFLA1030

Do I still need an external BEC?

Joe
CZorzella is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #462 (permalink)
Registered Users

^ ^ I swapped out the ESC for a new 35 amp ESC with an external 3 amp BEC. I think it seems to be working fine now.
JDFiend is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #463 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Quark Gyro

has anybody set up the CPII with the spartan quark gyro? I can not get the tail to hold still. Tyr to spool up and the tail spins CCW somewhat slow. I have tried different gyro gains through the CPII with no luck. everything else seems to be doing ok. I have a DX6i and the Gyro settings are 0=0 1=100 the ON and OFF work perfect. BTW: it's a B400

Need help.
paccal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #464 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

You'll need to ensure your tail mechanics are setup correctly and according to what you have described,
Your tail gains are set to run rate mode at 0 gain and HH at 100% ...you'll need to dial down your HH gains sounds like your hammering your tail servo.

A more realistic setting would be 27 - 40 or there abouts for HH

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #465 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Co-Pilot II - How To, Made Simple!

Thanks nightflyr for your quick respond, the tail mechanics are fine cuz it works fine without the copilot, but I will change the gyro settings like you described.
paccal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #466 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can Co Pilot be used with the Spektrum AR7200BX BeastX flybarless all in one receiver-Gyro?
JDFiend is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #467 (permalink)
Registered Users

Co pilot needs to be set up with an external receiver. It goes receiver to Co pilot module to fbl unit or from the Co Pilot to servos if you have a flybar.
pctomlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #468 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just recieved my CPII and I am installing on a 450 clone with a beastx that I just finished building. I have checked everything on the build including a run-up with no blades to check vibration. Everything is running smoothe and all controls are correct. I have not even hovered this build so my question is. Should I test fly it before installing the CPII unit ???
segdoh49 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #469 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by segdoh49 View Post
Just recieved my CPII and I am installing on a 450 clone with a beastx that I just finished building. I have checked everything on the build including a run-up with no blades to check vibration. Everything is running smoothe and all controls are correct. I have not even hovered this build so my question is. Should I test fly it before installing the CPII unit ???
Hi segdoh,

You can do it either way. Either way you choose, the helicopter should be set up and flying correctly before CPII is turned on via the remote switch on the Tx. Since you are flying FBL, you need to have Auto Trim turned Off in CPII. If you choose to have CPII already installed then setup and test fly the helicopter with CPII turned Off with the remote switch at your transmitter. Once the helicopter is hovering and flying correctly then turn CPII On with the remote switch at the Tx. Or you can test fly and get everything setup and adjusted before you install CPII. Either way will work.

Good luck and have fun flying with CPII,
Jack
PowerLab 8
jdd1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #470 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quick question in reguards to Firmware version.
My version is v 1.47 do not have a Hard deck module. Do I or should I update to
v 2.41 ??? Or just go to v 2.04

UPDATE: Just did some reading. So I guess I answered my own question. According to Mark if you're not going to use the HD module DON'T go to v2.37 or above and as far as v 2.04, it only applies to backward compatibilty (guess I don't want to go backwards) so I'm just staying @ v 1.47 unless anyone has more input. Clear Prop.........
Old 03-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #471 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok..Another question........
In the main menu after you Ail/Elev center stick it shows the Pitch and Roll, mine is at Pitch -40 dn and Roll -47 rgt. I guess I'm not understanding exactly what this does. and do these indications look correct ??? and if not then how do you change them ???
Old 03-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #472 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No need to concern yourself with the readout....

Old 03-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #473 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
No need to concern yourself with the readout....
OK. Thankx unconcerning now.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #474 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default zyx-s and co-pilot 2 wiring advice

i could really use some help, i cant figure out how to wire these together, i have already done FBL conversion but cant figure out how to add the CP2?

any help is appreciated

i also dont understand what they mean by power up when updating firmware or using the software, do they mean with a separate battery?
Waydaminute is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2013, 03:32 AM   #475 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i could really use some help, i cant figure out how to wire these together, i have already done FBL conversion but cant figure out how to add the CP2?

any help is appreciated

A bit of information is needed:
Exactly what hardware are you using?
In order to install the CPII you will need to have the basic setup as follows:

Rx ( separate from the FBL ) >>>> CPII >>>>> FBL >>>>> servos

If your setup is using the FBL controller as your Rx, such as the AR7200BX you will not be able to use the CPII as is there no way to wire it before the FBL controller

i also dont understand what they mean by power up when updating firmware or using the software, do they mean with a separate battery?

This is for safety:
You have several options:
If your powering your electronics with a internal BEC from your ESC, you can..
A) Back your motor off the main gear to prevent a accidental spool up.
B) Disconnect your motor leads from the ESC.

Or if you have your electronics wired up separate from the ESC, IE: using a external BEC or other power source to power your electronics without arming the ESC and motor .

Old 04-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #476 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thank you!

I'm using the stock blade 450 3d RX (AR6115e), Co-Pilot2 and ZYX-s with DX6i as transmitter.

Thanks to your help it's wired: AR6115e to Co-Pilot2 to ZYX-s

After the physical installation I had two wires not connected. The RCV4 is not connected which I think is normal for a 3 servo ccpm, however, I am concerned about the single (black) gear wire from the ZYX-s that is not connected.

I need to completely bypass the Co-Pilot2 (electronically) in order to setup the ZYX-s.

I have not gone through the setup of the Co-Pilot2 so that I could use the DX6i's gear switch as on/off for CP2, with that said, is unplugging the main sensor from the avionics computer sufficient to completely bypass the CP2 when setting up the ZYX-s?

I would also like to leave my gear/Fmode alone as i currently use it to go from normal to IU. I would rather use the FLAP/GYRO as on/off for CP2.

any suggestions??

thanks again
Old 04-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #477 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm using the stock blade 450 3d RX (AR6115e), Co-Pilot2 and ZYX-s with DX6i as transmitter.

Thanks to your help it's wired: AR6115e to Co-Pilot2 to ZYX-s

After the physical installation I had two wires not connected. The RCV4 is not connected which I think is normal for a 3 servo ccpm, correct
however, I am concerned about the single (black) gear wire from the ZYX-s that is not connected.
I have to assume this wire is some type of gain for the ZYX, not sure though, never installed one.

I need to completely bypass the Co-Pilot2 (electronically) in order to setup the ZYX-s. YES.

I have not gone through the setup of the Co-Pilot2 so that I could use the DX6i's gear switch as on/off for CP2, with that said, is unplugging the main sensor from the avionics computer sufficient to completely bypass the CP2 when setting up the ZYX-s? YES

I would also like to leave my gear/Fmode alone as i currently use it to go from normal to IU. I would rather use the FLAP/GYRO as on/off for CP2.

any suggestions??
Not sure... you may need to make a mix in order to get that to work

thanks again

Old 04-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #478 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

deleted

Old 04-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #479 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default thank you!!!

the single black wire that is not connected previously went from RX gear out to ZYX-s gear, however, now the RX gear goes to CP2 on/off wire.

im guessing i will not loose my normal and IU mode on the gear switch once i get that switch setup to be on/off for CP2?
Old 04-20-2013, 05:50 AM   #480 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy Co-pilot 2 help!

I to needed an extra channel on my receiver to turn on and off my co-pilot,so removed the gain wire from my gear channel and hooked it to SVO4 on the cp2 main unit.I then plugged the on/off lead from cp2 into the gear channel.The Normal,Stunt1,Stunt2 % are still programed into the gear channel.Do I change these to values to -100/+100?I am using a Spektrum DX8.I called FMA only to be told that I had updated my firmware to soon and that would be a problem.I was walking trough the setup with a tech (wont mention names) when I was told to call back.I called back a few minutes later and kept getting a busy signal for two hours.Great support huh!I was wondering If anyone out there could help me.Also I have installed a hard deck module and was wondering if the aluminum tube had to be a certain length?
rc hillbilly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.