Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 07:39 PM   #441 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Well I will admit for sure. There are some menus and functions in the radio the manual doesn't even cover! So it does need some work. I told Hitec (Mike M.) they could take my videos and use them how they like. That includes putting them on CD, web site, whatever. I know they are heli related but at least it might help the manual for some people.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2011, 12:10 AM   #442 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob you are right about the manuals. I Have the A9 and it is by far the best radio I have ever owned but the manual is not the greatest. I have looked at the Airtronics manual and it is excellent but I was not crazy about the radio. One of the best ways to learn a radio IMHO is to play with it.
dfrazier is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #443 (permalink)
Registered Users

quick question i watched the video about the RX and voltage ....and im pretty sure what im about to ask can not be done but just want to verify

so im wondering if the RX can be just like a BEC ..can you plug in a 6s pack and have the servos run regulated at 8.4v thought the RX???
Fusion 50 9080/9088 Beast X
Velocity 50n 9080/9088 VbarSAB Goblin 9180/9188 Kontronik helijive Coming soon
AnTi Taco is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2011, 10:38 PM   #444 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnTi Taco View Post
quick question i watched the video about the RX and voltage ....and im pretty sure what im about to ask can not be done but just want to verify

so im wondering if the RX can be just like a BEC ..can you plug in a 6s pack and have the servos run regulated at 8.4v thought the RX???
No
dpelletier is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #445 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hitec Aurora Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrazier View Post
Bob you are right about the manuals. I Have the A9 and it is by far the best radio I have ever owned but the manual is not the greatest. I have looked at the Airtronics manual and it is excellent but I was not crazy about the radio. One of the best ways to learn a radio IMHO is to play with it.
A searchable, single page per view, with bookmarks manual (,pdf) for use with ipods etc is now available together with the update pages from Hitec Support Forum sticky:
Aurora A9, Spectra 2.4Ghz Module & Optima Transceiver - FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}
=
Aurora 9ch 2.4GHz_72 mHz Manual (8MB .pdf) Two page view, search not included. (Manual written V1.03, new pages/addendums below)
Aurora 9ch 2.4GHz_72 mHz Manual (13.01MB .pdf) Single page & searchable. (Manual written V1.03, new pages/addendums below)
Aurora 9ch 2.4GHz_72 mHz Manual - Firmware Update V1.06[/url] - New Page for Manual. (Includes Butterfly / Crow Set Up)
Aurora 9ch 2.4GHz_72 mHz Manual - Firmware Update V1.07[/url] - New Pages for Manual (x2).
Hitec RCD Spectra Pro 2.4GHz Module Manual
Hitec RCD Optima 6, 7 & 9ch Receiver Manual

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #446 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Spektrum receivers on A9

Hi, has anybody found a way to use spektrum receivers in the Aurora 9? I have just too much money spent in them, to be able to confortably switch to aurora 9... Some have found a way to hook the FrSky module, but seems the spektrum module is not that straightforward... or have any heard of any short term plans to deliver a module?
superfer93 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 01:57 AM   #447 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Aurora 9 - Spektrum DSM, DSM2 & DSMX Compatible Module Unlikely

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfer93 View Post
Hi, has anybody found a way to use spektrum receivers in the Aurora 9? I have just too much money spent in them, to be able to confortably switch to aurora 9... Some have found a way to hook the FrSky module, but seems the spektrum module is not that straightforward... or have any heard of any short term plans to deliver a module?
Negative - neither Hitec (= downgrade) nor Spektrum (= increase loss of market share on TX) intend to offer a compatible module.
This may be of interest:
Spektrum Module mod - Aurora 9

[NB: Whilst Hitec RCD has confirmed that they will not offer any 2.4Ghz module capable of interfacing with another brands proprietary system receivers, the notes in small italics above are not official statements from either camp, but simply a suggestion for readers to mull over and arrive at their own conclusions.]

other previous threads which may be of interest:
. DSM2 module for futaba on Hitec Aurora
. "That would have to be a product Spektrum would make for the Aurora so I would say there might be a .000000000001% chance that they would do that. - Brendan Lugo."

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Last edited by A.T.; 02-17-2011 at 03:14 AM.. Reason: add previous threads
A.T. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #448 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi

I wish to take a moment to thank , " Bob Finless " , for these video,s . There are most certainly many contributers to the Hitec Aurora 9 . But I feel , that Bob , has done a significant contribution to the product . I know absolutly , " squat " . about electric heli,s , Bob has turned much of the confusion into understanding .

And soooooo,.................... THANK YOU ( Merci )

Regards

Michel Gravelle
michel gravelle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2011, 08:30 AM   #449 (permalink)
Registered Users

First of all I want to thank Finless for all the time and effort he puts into all his videos. As a relative newbie someone has always helped me set up the problem is they always set up for me so i never knew what was going on thanks to Finless I am slowly learning how to set up on my own. I picked up the A9 yesterday and I have to say that all the basic set up menus are super easy for me to get to. I had a DX7 and frankly for a newbie I don't like the way it's set up as far as navigation. I am really liking the A9 so far. Thanks Finless!
vinnielopez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #450 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Touch screen response

Hi Bob,

From watching the video, it seems like that touch screen is very responsive and a real breeze to work with, how would you compare the sensitivity of that screen to the one on the Futaba 14mz?
Ibkoool is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2011, 04:37 PM   #451 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile Hello Everyone

My name is Amandeep Kataria and i am from india. i am using SD10g .n i have never used hitec transmitter before but used all futaba's all models and jr X3810.

@ Finless
now my question is that i want to know which one is the better radio sd10g or Aurora 9

i want to buy new radio can u suggest me should i go for hitec aurora 9 or not

i need better range couse some time my model go behind some buildings or tress and for tough use like in hot temperature , sunshine becouse our conditions tough. i need backup in transmitter too becouse sd10g's backup is very poor
do u think that aurora 9 is fit for me ? or i go for futaba 10cag
please reply me in mail id [email protected]
i will waiting for your reply

thnks
amanairwarrior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2011, 08:05 PM   #452 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the vids! I watched all of them but must have missed a step. When I'm in idle up, I want to activate throttle hold. How do I do that? I can't seem to find it in the throttle curve setting. I have TH set to switch G. When I'm in normal, turning switch G to on will shut off the motor. When in IU 1 or 2, switch G doesn't do anything but I want it to shut down the throttle too. How do I do that? If it's already covered in a video, which one? Thanks again!!!
seabasshwd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2011, 10:09 PM   #453 (permalink)
Registered Users

make sure that you have t. hold at the lowest in the fligth condition setup. it should look like this
normal
idle1
idle2
hold.
in that order
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 007.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	212896  
Old 03-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #454 (permalink)
Registered Users

That did it! Thanks!!!!
seabasshwd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #455 (permalink)
Registered Users

No Problem.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:35 PM   #456 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default v.1.08 update released

Been checking Hitec's website religiously for the drop of the v1.08 update, and as of today it's posted. hope this isn't old news to people.

http://hitecrcd.com/support/aurora-9...rora9v108.html
chooofoojoo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2011, 01:54 AM   #457 (permalink)
fou
Registered Users

Talking

It's really a 'new' good news! Thanks man!
fou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #458 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've just tried to update from 1.07 to 1.08 with no luck. The HPP-22 software says "internet is NOT connected". I didn't have any troubles upgrading to 1.07 and, of course, internet IS connected and the firewall is disabled. Maybe the italian version is not out yet? Well, I'll just try tomorrow. Good night everybody.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #459 (permalink)
Registered Users

I read of one that had difficulties with the German update as well. He had the same error message. Not sure if he got a resolution. Hope you get yours.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #460 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trex

Need a recommend setup for trex 450 pro . Please someone help me or if it's a video would be really help
Vuhuyhoang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in