Anyone tried transfering FPv1 parts to FPv2? - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2


HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,300
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Default Anyone tried transfering FPv1 parts to FPv2?

Hello Guys,

I have a old frame from my HBCP3 sitting around from when I replaced it w/a new one. Just got a little crack that can be easily repaired. Since the HBCP3 frame is the same as the HBFPv2 frame, I thought it might be a good idea to transfer all the components from the HBFPv1 to the upgraded frame. I know that definitely the tail boom is of a different diameter but I can pick one of those up. Other than the tail boom does anyone else foresee any problems?
__________________
Trex 500e Pro, i2 Head, VX1e; Trex 550e DFC w/Blue Full Vbar, 730MX
600e Pro Performace Upgrade w/Blue Mini Vbar, 750MX
Logo 600se w/Silverline Vbar Pro, PowerJive120, Pyro 700-45L
Yellow SAB WobblinGoblin770 w/ iKon v2, Red Mostro v1 w/ iKon v2
byter182 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-27-2010, 08:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,586
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Spotsylvania,VA
Default

Hi byter182

The V2 main shaft is longer than the V1 so you will need to get one and you will also need the 3mm main bearing set thats made for the V2. The bearing set also come with the spacer that goes between the bottom of the main gear and frame. Other than the boom and tail motor mount/tail fin...this should do it.
__________________
HELIHANKSTER is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2010, 12:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,300
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIHANKSTER View Post
Hi byter182

The V2 main shaft is longer than the V1 so you will need to get one and you will also need the 3mm main bearing set thats made for the V2. The bearing set also come with the spacer that goes between the bottom of the main gear and frame. Other than the boom and tail motor mount/tail fin...this should do it.
Hey Helihankster,
Are you referring to these parts?

http://www.helidirect.com/esky-beari...12-p-19560.hdx

http://www.helidirect.com/esky-beari...in-p-19562.hdx

http://www.helidirect.com/esky-coppe...ch-p-15778.hdx

I also decided to throw in a set of Pitch Control Links just in case since the main shaft is a bit longer.
http://www.helidirect.com/esky-pitch...ch-p-15776.hdx

Might you know where I can find the HBFPv2 owners manual? Googling hasn't turned up anything for me.

Thanks
__________________
Trex 500e Pro, i2 Head, VX1e; Trex 550e DFC w/Blue Full Vbar, 730MX
600e Pro Performace Upgrade w/Blue Mini Vbar, 750MX
Logo 600se w/Silverline Vbar Pro, PowerJive120, Pyro 700-45L
Yellow SAB WobblinGoblin770 w/ iKon v2, Red Mostro v1 w/ iKon v2
byter182 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2010, 01:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 3,992
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Florida USA
Default

Check the stickies, there should be an excellent one on the conversion.
__________________
Every time I crash I wonder, why didnt I get into RC tanks.
Viet-Lama is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2010, 04:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,586
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Spotsylvania,VA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by byter182 View Post
Hey Helihankster,
Are you referring to these parts?

http://www.helidirect.com/esky-beari...12-p-19560.hdx

http://www.helidirect.com/esky-beari...in-p-19562.hdx

http://www.helidirect.com/esky-coppe...ch-p-15778.hdx

I also decided to throw in a set of Pitch Control Links just in case since the main shaft is a bit longer.
http://www.helidirect.com/esky-pitch...ch-p-15776.hdx

Might you know where I can find the HBFPv2 owners manual? Googling hasn't turned up anything for me.

Thanks
Ooops…I forgot about the linkage. Yes you will definitely need the V2 servo pushrods. You should already have these bearings (first two links you posted) on your V1, but it wouldn’t hurt to replace them. The third link with the bearings with the copper covers are the ones you will definitely need.

This link should have the V2 manual
 http://www.heliguy.com/helicopter_manuals.html

Also here is the link to the sticky that VL had mention. I just checked it out...Stevespana did a awesome pictorial on the conversion.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=186528
__________________
HELIHANKSTER is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,300
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIHANKSTER View Post
Ooops…I forgot about the linkage. Yes you will definitely need the V2 servo pushrods. You should already have these bearings (first two links you posted) on your V1, but it wouldn’t hurt to replace them. The third link with the bearings with the copper covers are the ones you will definitely need.

This link should have the V2 manual
 http://www.heliguy.com/helicopter_manuals.html

Also here is the link to the sticky that VL had mention. I just checked it out...Stevespana did a awesome pictorial on the conversion.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=186528
Thank you Helihankster & Viet-Lama,

Exactly the information I've been looking for. That thread is extremely detailed. I should be able to complete my project armed w/all the info I need.

Peace
__________________
Trex 500e Pro, i2 Head, VX1e; Trex 550e DFC w/Blue Full Vbar, 730MX
600e Pro Performace Upgrade w/Blue Mini Vbar, 750MX
Logo 600se w/Silverline Vbar Pro, PowerJive120, Pyro 700-45L
Yellow SAB WobblinGoblin770 w/ iKon v2, Red Mostro v1 w/ iKon v2
byter182 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2010, 11:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 3,992
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Florida USA
Default

Your welcome and all we ask for in return is a photo of the completed bird
__________________
Every time I crash I wonder, why didnt I get into RC tanks.
Viet-Lama is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply




Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Location
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1