Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Lifespan, maintenace, parts failure?

I want to buy this little heli. I'm sure it flyes great and is quite cheap to repair when crashed, but this heli has big headspeed and that puts a lot of strain on parts. I guess that that there will be some more maintenance nessesary than on bigger birds, but thats OK for me. Thing that bothers me is rate of parts failure. Could someone, who has several hundreds of flights on this bird tell me, how do the parts hold after time?
DaveLister is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2010, 03:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't had hundreds of flights, but I can tell you from what I experienced with High HS with this bird, is that the higher the HS, the higher the maintenance( things get loose, build up of slop, need to be lubricated, wear and tear has it's affect aswell). The good part about the T250s they can sustain High HS as oppossed to the other birds that I have tried with. I wont mention names, but there are much poorer quality helis out there. This is definately one of the toughest helis I have ever worked on(micros). I've had a lot of crashes, and this heli can sure take a beating. Sure I replaced several parts, but compared to the other helis, the parts i needed to replace were very minimal. I hope this helps. Thanks for listening.

P.S

You always have the option in running one of these on a much lower HS rate say about 3000-3500, it wont be nimble, it will last you a long time. It's an ideal HS for a beginner, and as you progress you can increase it to 4000-5000 HS. But by the sound of things you already know that. It's just up to you now.

Last edited by pitchp; 10-23-2010 at 08:41 AM..
pitchp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2010, 04:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Love this little heli.... i would have to say go for it, purchase it... you'll love it.. i have had mine for about 1 year, haven't replaced anything.. although i haven't crashed it yet...
but everything is still tight..
i would purchase a kelar belt though...

BTW this heli is pretty light so when yo do crash it doesn't hurt that much(from what i have seen of others)
FurryTrex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2010, 06:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

All the parts on mine hold up till the next crash with no problem.

Craig

T-Rex 600N | T-Rex 500 ESP | T-Rex 500 GF | T-Rex 250 (Love this little bird) | 22 year old Shuttle ZXX
Ozz58 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2010, 08:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz58 View Post
All the parts on mine hold up till the next crash with no problem.

Craig
Question is how often do you crash?
DaveLister is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2010, 09:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLister View Post
Question is how often do you crash?
Was just trying to be funny.

I got mine when they first came out, it's been down a couple of times. But I think everything on my 250 is almost original. Main shaft and feathering shafts have been changed and I got the newer tail blade grips to help with the wag.

Yes get the kevlar belt.

They hold up very well, I crashed once and had no damage.

Craig

T-Rex 600N | T-Rex 500 ESP | T-Rex 500 GF | T-Rex 250 (Love this little bird) | 22 year old Shuttle ZXX
Ozz58 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2010, 09:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't had very many maintenance issues on either of mine except for crashes killing parts. The older mixing arms used to wear out bearings over time in the head but since I replaced the V1 head with the SE I've only replaced parts due to crash damage. The align belts will fray over time but again I've only had them break in crashes. I'm running a kevlar belt on my better 250 now with no signs of decay and it's survived about a dozen dirt naps now. I've found that most crashes are pretty gentle as long as you're over grass and on TH quick, however every now and then I do have rather extensive damage from crashes that don't seem too hard. Keep extra main shaft bearing in your crash stock as they occasionally can be wiped out in crashes. Rarely main grip bearings also. Stock up on blades, feathering shafts, main shafts, A-B links if your running a flybar, also flybars, booms, head dampners, and tail shafts, and main gears w/ one ways. Other parts will break but those are the main replacement parts needed.
-Phillip Johnson, AMA #954735
LegndarySaiyan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine gets flown every day (almost) sometimes 5/6 times a day for the past 2 months,still going strong...
Old 10-28-2010, 11:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Buy the heli, you wont regret it!

I run mine with a high HS (idle 1: 3900rpm, idle 2: 4600rpm) and have 150 flights on it since beginning to log flights and repairs last April. This summer I wore out a pair of Trueblood green dampeners, replaced the upper and lower arms once with SE units, went through 2 stock belts and one Kevlar tail belt.

I'm currently fighting a tracking issue but after all the hard flying I've done on this little bird I cant blame weak parts - they are just getting worn out.
Now that the indoor flying season is here I'll be breaking stuff instead of wearing em out
Old 10-28-2010, 02:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where do you lube it? I think you lube the swash slider/ tail slider. What about the stock motor? Where do you lube that? and where else should I be putting lube?
thanks
planks- Radian, mini crack yak, 32in Laser EPP, UM P-51, UM T-28, Umx beast,Stryker 180, plus more
Bigbadken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryTrex View Post
had mine for about 1 year, haven't replaced anything.. although i haven't crashed it yet...
Furry, that's impressive !
First flight, for me, tail setup problem --> tail dart (tail shaft, tail blades, main blades). A month later user error while FFFing very low (main shaft, blade grips, blades, washout base, feathering shaft, flybar, cage and and paddles, one pushrod, anti rotation bracket, this was a good one), 2 days later a link pops out mid flight (I know I should have replaced all of them 2 days earlier after the crash) and I land on the left side (total canopy, blades, main shaft). In about 2 months had 3 incidents, 2 hardware and 1 user error (2 user errors if you count that I should have replaced those links in time). From the other hand I flew thru 4 batts at least once daily, recently 6 batts, so I had way over 100 flights in less than 2 months before the rain started.
I am a Heli-Coholic! Citizen #207
PRTOS Max v2 PRTOS 380 Speed Goblin 380 Blade 180CFX
MKS KDE MSH Brain
Tomy. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in