Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 11:02 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

1) yes, above picture is RX only, but not for sample AR7000 since that's not a highres receiver, it only support 1024.

2. VBar

3. Both

4. This is an issue with FW in the Satellites, internally in a RX there is satellites too, so if they are old, the more receivers the more stable, a AR921 + 2 satellites are much less likely to have issues than VBar + 2 satellites, it do happen though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 11:15 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mr. Mel,

Thank you for the very, very quick response to my questions sir.

I have a friend who is setting up a Trex 550 with a V-Bar, and planned for no separate receiver (only two satellites). As I am relatively new to V-Bar (only a few months into using two of them), I felt it better to ask the expert.

Thank you again sir.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:16 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just make sure he runs "spektrum satellite" in rx step, not highres option and its good to go.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you again sir!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:57 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I asked ReadyHeli what batch number satellites they're currently selling and was told TA010B. I just received the newest version DX8 and the satellite that came with the AR8000 was HT009X. Hopefully the old stock will sell out soon...
gravydrive is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a DX7 with JR DSM2 satellites. Did I have the same problem?
hoverpr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #67 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoverpr View Post
I have a DX7 with JR DSM2 satellites. Did I have the same problem?
Nope. The DX7 is a LoRes transmitter. The DX7SE will experience the issue. As long as you select the regular Spektrum satellites option in the Receiver setup tab and not the HiRes option, then you're safe with whatever transmitter you use.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2011, 08:10 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is this issue being fixed in a future release? It seems like at a minimum Mikado should remove the option to use hi-res mode in 5.1 until they can get the issue solved.

[ SAB Goblin ][ Trex 450 Pro ]
Azlum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2011, 08:14 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlum View Post
Is this issue being fixed in a future release? It seems like at a minimum Mikado should remove the option to use hi-res mode in 5.1 until they can get the issue solved.
Its not up to Mikado to fix it, it's not in the FW, its in the radio link.
Yes, I suspect they will remove the option all together next release.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:36 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mr Mel,

i'm running 2 spektrum sattelites in "normal" mode on a miniVbar blueline Pro version.
When i look into the logfile, it shows a record of constantly switching antennas, i had one crash with this miniVbar malfunctioning.
So my question is, is this something to be worried about?
Added my logfile.

Regards,

Homer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf log.pdf (228.4 KB, 197 views)
Homer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2011, 07:37 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check the satellite cables, wiggle them, unplug one at the time and make sure you have connection.

Also do a range test.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:54 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mr Mel,

i will change the sattelite cables with longer ones i have, (the ones i use now are shorter ones that both came with a receiver-sattelite combination).
I have wiggled them before, because i also thought this could be the cause.
Thank you Sir, for replying so quickly.

Regards,

Homer.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:13 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mr Mel,

i've changed the sattelite cables and the only statement i get in the log is: "good health".
There is no visible damage on the shorter cables, but obviously, they are the fragile point in the sattelite system.

Thank you Sir,

Regards,

Homer.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #74 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

If you use a little shoe goo where the wires go into the plug, it will keep the contacts in the plugs from wiggling.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum View Post
If you use a little shoe goo where the wires go into the plug, it will keep the contacts in the plugs from wiggling.
Thanks for the advice Alan, i'll do that and avoid further unplugging in the future.
I must admit that the short cables are heavily used, (unplugged and inserted, many times), when i used them in the receiver-sattelite connection, the reason that i prefer to use them with the miniVbar is because of their lenght.
You can't seem to get those short ones, seperate.
And it's for my 450ProFBL, so, those short ones are neat and tidy on that small heli.
Sorry for this long explanation, but my Trex 700EFBL build is almost done and i'm also using a miniVbar, so it's important to me not to make the same mistakes as on my 450, that had one crash as result of the miniVbar failing (it suddenly, shut down in mid air, it did reinitialise, but by then, it was too late) and that was during take off with a freshly charged lipo and it was initialised before i took off.

Regards,

Homer.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:07 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMel View Post
Thanks for those words.

Well, 500+ more restarts of the radio I think I have a clear picture.

The new satellites that comes from AR8000 does not suffer same fate as the older ones.

DSM2 sending in 2 channels, so with a R921 (2 internal receivers and 2 satellites max) same signal is sent to two of the satellites, if this was a pure TX issue the same effect should be identical on two satellites, its not.

if I restart enough time, to get a bad signal it seems that the decoder inside the satellites get screwed up.

But, with the new Satellite from the AR8000 now connected to a R921 and rebound, has zero packet loss.

See picture;
(last line is a good connection and how it should look like, the other suffer severe packet loss)

To why this is happening, I do not know, Proximity, Interference, bad luck I do not know, I do know that it has happened in the field for people, it happens regardless of what system you are running (VBar, TotalG etc).

But it must be the decoder/transformer in the satellites, as when it's really bad, its always ONE out of two packages that's missing, problem is, when its ALL second packages, its total loss of control, due to how 2048 is transmitted.

i do not know if Spektrum can upgrade older satellites.

I also did above test with both R921 and AR8000 bound at same time running in parallel, while I managed to get total loss of connection on the R921 the AR8000 never missed a beat.
So...I see spektrum is advertising the AR8000 as a "high-speed receiver", 11ms and 2048 res. The only other rx with this marketing label is the AR7600. Maybe both of these have the newer satellites. The DX7SE manual states that the AR7100 is 11ms and 2048 res, but no where on their site is that bit of information mentioned. Maybe they knew this was an issue and this is the quiet fix.

Frustrating as I have a newly acquired DX7SE that I'd like to run at 11ms with my VBAR using the slew of satellites I have laying around. And, I cannot seem to locate replacement satellites intended, or specifically designed, for the AR8000 and AR7600, just units for the other RX's. It would seem the true "newer" hi-res satellites aren't available separately (yet).
Old 01-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Angry

ok im now confuzed as a smarty in a smarty box!!!
iv read throu the entire thread,all i seem to pick up is satalites are the problem with the mikado blue box,and others,how come they arnt an issue with the origanal rx(ar7100 + dx7se)?when running flybar.only now going to vbar are all the problems and crashes happening.trex 700 went in on first flight after upgrading the vbar to the pro update after about 4 minutes flying.reason for update is it's the only way to adjust the gain on tail!all went very well before doing the update no issues at all,just had a tail wag that irratated me and could not do any adjustment to!im sorry but personaly mikado vbar is the problem period!!

Last edited by frankinstien; 01-25-2011 at 05:20 AM.. Reason: wrong place to explain my issues.sorry.
frankinstien is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 03:41 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankinstien View Post
ok im now confuzed as a smarty in a smarty box!!!
iv read throu the entire thread,all i seem to pick up is satalites are the problem with the mikado blue box,and others,how come they arnt an issue with the origanal rx(ar7100 + dx7se)?when running flybar.only now going to vbar are all the problems and crashes happening.trex 700 went in on first flight after upgrading the vbar to the pro update after about 4 minutes flying.reason for update is it's the only way to adjust the gain on tail!all went very well before doing the update no issues at all,had 2 good 12 minute flights,just had a tail wag that irratated me and could not do any adjustment to!im sorry but personaly mikado vbar is the problem period!!
I suggest you start a new thread and post your event log file.

Above issue is literary something that happens once in xxx starts if your unlucky.
and above tests I did was without VBar, so again it has nothing to do with VBar.
What it does not do, is happen out of the blue after you got a good connection.

So in your case other aspects have to be looked at first.

For sample I would guess a bad satellite cable is about 1000% more likely or more.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:39 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default No Joy

Okay, i know the pilot of this heli and its sad to say that after an extended period of time he has not been able to fly due to repair bills from a previous crash which took place at the SA champs, needless to say he took first place at the competition and the heli went down the same day. After a vbar was supplied to him for testing and the setup done accordingly the heli was taken out for the first time since november 2010. There was a bad tail wag which was fixed this past weekend by doing an upgrade to the pro software. The heli has a total 4 minutes fly time before total loss of signal and control, and not 2 x 12 minute flights as stated above. We literally watched a Rex 700 plummet to its death with no way to recover. And yes we can all say we should have bound in low-res mode and should have followed instructions etc, if anyone would like to see the config file and logs they are more than welcome to them as they are on my computer. The setup was done in low-res with a DX7SE and AR7100 sats directly into the Vbar. Anyway Mikado are interested in the logs which we will send off tonight but for the rest running the above setup be warned your heli could die a horrible death. In the meantime the pilot is in the same situation as November, sitting with a huge repair bill.

Maybe with Bert leaving align they need a new pilot to sponsor, heck we have a top pilot in SA come on align spread your money in the direction of this young pilot he could do with some spares.

Video of pilot flying an EL Cheapo 450 V2
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9nRrwAUBTQ[/ame]

Last edited by WayneVanRooyen; 01-25-2011 at 07:09 AM..
WayneVanRooyen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope that spektrum staff will read this thread and will do something or at least let us know what hardware is affected and what to do.

I've experienced the same issue and it's really bothering me of.
neohp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in