V100 counter clockwise piros - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > CB100

CB100 Walkera CB100 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 04:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default V100 counter clockwise piros

I just repaired my CB and of course on its maiden flight I broke the chassis and the xtreme landing gear.

I swear this thing is cursed, so far Ive had an inflight fire, accidentally landed and submerged in a vat of cooking oil and been thru every single part on the heli including 2 chassis.

Anyway so I'm back to my V100 and I'm getting very frustrated with counter clockwise piros. I can go clockwise all day long in controlled circles or piros of any size or speed but when I go for a ccw piro she always wants to fall out of the sky backwards and half the time i end up in a wall.

Is this typical behavior for the V100 or do I have something wrong with my setup?
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I forget what the scientific explanation is, but this is more pronounced in FP helis and more so on some.
When turning CCW you have to give it some forward cyclic, to keep it from tail sliding.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ah ok I was suspecting that as I have better luck with CCW when I have some forward movement already but now that you confirmed it I'll practice that.

Its good that its a FP thing so I can expect less of this when my mini cp arrives on monday.

I imagine it has something to do with turning into the retreating blade and perhaps stalling the left side completely whereas some forward movement would generate just enough lift to keep the retreating blade from stalling.

Maybe some 3 degree blades would lessen the effect.

edit: Actually strike that, i just noticed its the advancing blade on the left side. I dont know which side the stall is happening on, it seems like the left. Anyway my CCWs are better now that i know to give some forward stick. A little knowledge goes a long way.

Last edited by Hamish.NYC; 02-09-2012 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: was wrong
Hamish.NYC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2012, 08:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

UPDATE: I put on the +3 blades and while she does still veer backwards during a CCW she doesnt fall down out of the sky. The +3 gives a more nimble flight characteristic but doesnt sound as nice, I guess the rpm is lower for the same amount of lift. I think Ill be keeping them on.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi
I have no V100 but I have 4 CB100. Try turn clockwise a back motor( few deg only) and try to find a middle point when turns in both direction will be very similar I did the same on my Genius CP and is much better to do left turns after that.There is a thread (CB100) https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...52#post2801052.
Regards
Bodek
bodrex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a CB100 and a Mini CP and they are nothing like the V100 when it comes to left turns. They are very stable in both directions but the V100 is extremely challenging when going left. I'd almost call it a flawed design but she is so nice to fly clockwise.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.