Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2018, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SR Gyro Wiring

Was wondering who can help me with my SR Gyro Connection. There doesn't seem to be enough plugs on the rec. On the 2 in 1 there are 4 plugs, 1 long jrt for the battery, 1 short jrt for the tail motor, 1 plug for the throttle channel on the rec and one more that is labeled GYR. As it stands now, I have the gyro plugged in to the rud channel and the single yellow wire plugged into the gear channel. When I spool up the tail motor runs full force and is not controlled by the rudder stick at all. What am I missing? If any of you still have the SR could you look and see exactly how yours is connected and let me know PLEASE.

Thanks
Kelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2018, 12:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had to dust off one of my old SR’s and try to decifer how I had it wired, but I think you have it wired correct with the wire set that comes from the gyro going to the rudder plug. The longer of the two servo plugs coming out of the ESC goes to the gyro, the shorter one to the THRO on the reciever.
The tail motor running like that I believe means wires soldered wrong to the tail motor, or the rudder switch is set wrong in your radio I think.....its been a couple years since I have messed with this heli and the cobwebs in my head are as abundant as they are on this poor little bird from sitting on the shelf in the garage.....
That channel 5 wire (yellow one is a hit or miss thing) sometimes they fly good with it plugged in, sometimes they don’t.....sometimes they fly crappy no matter what and sometimes they fly pretty well. I can remember my better flying SR one day at the field flying very nicely. Changed a pack to fly it again and the tail was whipping almost completly around on me for no reason! They are a very tempormental bird!
500 Pro DFC
nighttrain06 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2018, 08:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can find the original mannual at the Blade SR bible page right here in Helifreak, heres a link.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=232624
Old 04-14-2018, 03:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are still people flying these? I've got two I guess I should throw on here for sale. An old CP Pro II as well.
johnsma22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2018, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

This might help. I have five of these and all have factory gyros, servos, and only one had been upgraded with aluminium parts. The shots of the wiring is from one that will be used for parts only yet it is completely flyable in a few minutes of assembly. Hope this helps.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SR Wiring Layout.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	743235   Click image for larger version

Name:	SR Receiver Cluseup.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	743236   Click image for larger version

Name:	SR Wiring Installation.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	743237  
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2018, 12:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

I have seventeen of these and the only one I am missing is a factory SR Huey, lol. I am planning for when I won't be able to lift any of my heavy helicopters and these will be the only ones that I can grab and go flying with. I also have three boxes of parts and pick through hobby shops for more every time I get the chance. It's rather cool that once you get these on a good transmitter, they tend to behave very predictably and today's modern built-in timers prevent you from killing the batteries. Have fun.

Don
Old 04-15-2018, 01:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default I Couldn't See The Forest for the trees.

Dumb of me but I didn't see the plugin on the gyro. I've got it all sorted out now. I do have a Spartan Quark that I'm not using. Can I use that instead of the stock gyro?

Thanks All
Kelly
Old 04-15-2018, 02:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Yes you can. That gyro is a top rated one in my books. Remember to set it up for Analog servo and not Digital. Have fun.

Don
Old 04-15-2018, 11:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don,
I was looking at the manual for the Quark and it says not to connect it to an analog servo. There doesn't seem to be a setting for analog.So how would I use it on the SR? also How would I connect it if I can use it ?

Black plug to the rud channel on rec.
Red Plug to gear channel on rec.
Remaining plug to plug coming off ESC

Kelly
Old 04-16-2018, 03:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

If the manual for the Quark states no analog servos, don't connect it at all or you will burn out the ESC/Mixer board. If you look around, you will find the original gyros available for dirt cheap or find an older Align GP760/780/790 and use one of those. I have picked them up for as little as 5 dollars at a swap meet as no one likes them. Hope you find one you can use.

Don

Last edited by Keyrigger; 04-16-2018 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: Whoops, typo.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, it states no analog servos not gyros. was just lookin for a better than stock one to try and I have the Quark sitting here.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyVB View Post
No, it states no analog servos not gyros. was just lookin for a better than stock one to try and I have the Quark sitting here.
I think he is talking about the old DS760 Spartan gyro. It’s a good gyro if you can find one. I believe that one had a analog or digital setting on it.
The Quark is for pitch blade heli’s or tail blades that pitch. Won’t work on a fixed pitch tail setup.
500 Pro DFC
Old 04-17-2018, 09:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looked up the DS 760 and it also states not to connect a analog servo to it. So I guess I will just stick to the stock one. Anyway, all of you that have these are using the stock one and I didn't see any complaints about it.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

When you connect it all back up, use your gyro gain adjustments just like you did with your Blade 500. The little screwdriver adjustment pot is a bit too fidgety to set whereas you can dial it in in half percentages with your transmitter. If you happen to find a Futaba 401 hanging around the forums for sale, snap that up as they are one of the better analog/digital old style gyros around and well suited to the CP/SR series. Take care.

Don
Old 04-18-2018, 12:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyVB View Post
Looked up the DS 760 and it also states not to connect a analog servo to it. So I guess I will just stick to the stock one. Anyway, all of you that have these are using the stock one and I didn't see any complaints about it.
I have on one of my SR’s some Hitec 65 servos, but on the other ones I have some
EMax DS 08 or something like that digital servos. I run these or a version of the EMax servos on 2 Blade 400’s and all the rest of my SR’s except my Huey, that one runs the stock servos.
If you ever want to replace the servos that come on the SR, replace em with the EMax servos! These things are almost bullet proof! And cheap too! They are metal gear servos also!

I have always used the SR’s for what they are. There is really no sense in dumping a bunch of upgrade stuff on em, because the brushed tail motor is a ticking time bomb!
Although I will say once that heli is dialed in and the motor isn’t having to go zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz as much, it will run cooler and last longer.

I did do a belt upgrade on one years ago.
It was amazing how well it flew! It was actually a nice stable heli! But the plastic parts used to do the upgrade were pretty fragile. The kit was expensive too!
I just barely clipped the tail one day and the tail pieces blew apart all over the place and I just didn’t want to go through the expense of fixing that one again.
500 Pro DFC
Old 04-18-2018, 05:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great Info guys, thanks. BTW, on the stock gyro, if you use the radio for adjustments do you turn the pot on the gyro to max. Think mine is at 3/4
Old 04-18-2018, 05:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

You don't need to set the gain pot if you are plugging in the yellow wire into the Gear channel on the receiver. Once the wire is plugged in, the pot is disconnected from operation. I have my gain set at 57% for my SR's and that seems to keep the tail happy as well as a bit quieter than out of the box condition. Hope this helps.

Don
Old 04-18-2018, 07:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Don, will try those settings and report back

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in