Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 02:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default MKS DS95 limitation

Hi all!!

I've got some info on these new MKS DS95 http://www.mks-servo.com.tw/goods.php?goods_id=ds95

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaDkDwM-yZQ&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

They seems to perform very well on BeastX, depsite some limitations on pitch and cyclics. It's seems to be related to 900 to 2100Ás band width on DS95, while BeastX has 850 to 2150Ás. It appears that with good 6░ setup, these servos perform well but are limited to 10░ on cyclics and 12░ on pitch.

Here is a mail from MKS that you can find on this topic from a french forum >> http://www.france-helico.com/viewtop...?f=234&t=39201

Quote:
Dear customers,
Several customers reported that our servo does not work well with the MicroBeast. The servo might be trembled or worked feebly.
Some customers reported that the MKS servos do not work well with the MicroBeast. When the aileron and elevator working together at the same time and the pith was pushed to limitation, our servo might work tremblingly or feebly. We think the reason is that the working range was out of our servo limitation.

In the setup of the MicroBeast , we suggest you : 1. In the setup of point J (Teaching the cyclic pitch geometry), please set the cyclic pith to 6 degrees. 2. In the setup of point K(Adjusting the collective pitch range), please set the collective pitch range under 12 degrees. Under these two settings, we believe your MKS servo should be fine with the MicroBeast.
Under the previous settings, if your servos still have the trembling and out of control problem, please try to lower the cyclic swashplate limit in the point L. Please make the servo to stay in the safe workable range. (If the adjustment can not make the cyclic pitch to 6 degrees, please use longer servo arms. )
Many pilots, such as the pilots in Thailand, applied the MKS full series servo with the MicroBeast flybarless system, and they got outstanding results in many 3D competitions (such as the 3DX China).
We asked the professional pilots for suggestions, and they think it is capable to perform the 3D maneuvers under the setting that collective pitch to 12 degrees and the cyclic pitch to 6 degrees. The Flybarless system can make the helicopter to perform the full capacity; there is no need to set the cyclic pitch to 14 degrees or more.
Moreover, we are contacting the engineer of the MicroBeast and we are trying to reduce the related potential problems.
MKS will produce longer servo arms for optional purchase, please wait for our good news. We appreciate your patience in advance.

Please enjoy your flight!
IMO, it's a really bad for autos, 12░ pitch is definitively not enough, even if lot of pilots don't do them on 450. For me, it's annoying.

Despite this they perform perfectly on BeastX for 3D, look at this video from Benjamin Bosso, french 3D pilot (he get 12░ pitch and 10░ cyclics) >>

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGlOfCvcqlM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

What do you guys think about these considerations?

Jean
Janosax is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2010, 10:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile

I m running 14 degree on pitch, 12 degree on cyclic, I dun have any issue with DS95 & MB together,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010157.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	198500  
daddyfox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2011, 02:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have been waiting to get a couple sets of these servos for a while now... They look to be the best servos available for 250/450 size machines piriod. No other servo comes close in this category, Cant wait to get mine.... Should be in stock this month here in the states.... almost 70 bucks a pop though... Well I guess you got to pay to play...
akamullen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2011, 06:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Guys,

A small update from my customer who experienced this probem. MKS replaced his servos and with a new set and there is no problem anymore (problem was really only on 1 of the 3 servo). In addition of that problem, the old were heating slightly which is not the case anymore with the new.

regards

Marcel
Old 01-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

So these are great news!!! 14░ pitch and 12░ cyclics are perfect, and customer service seems veru good too
Old 01-01-2011, 08:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is no real technical problem regarding this isue.

The only thing is that on microbeast we do limit the servoimpulse output range less than MKS is doing on (maybe only some of) their servos, and some servos might switch off themself when driven on a out of range area. Don't understand this wrong, this is not a servo fault, it can simply be prevented during setup.

At beastx we discussed for many times about limiting the servorange to don't be able run into that situation on MKS servos but decided not to do that as when using other servo brands this would limit the possibility on having a better range.

If you follow the microbeast manual, there you can read the following (manuel version 2 on page 51)

"For adjustment proceed in the following way:
Carefully move the sticks for aileron, elevator and pitch to all maximum end points and watch out if the swashplate, the linkage rods or servos are binding somewhere or even getting not more driven."

Here i mean the last sentence "... or even getting not more driven." ,this was written to address this isue.

best regards,
Walter
labmaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2011, 08:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for these precisions Labmaster.

I've seen on their site that Hitec servos have a 900 to 2100Ás band width, just like MKS DS95.
Is there the same kind of servo travel limitation too on this other brand?
Old 01-01-2011, 08:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Walter is right about the bandwidth limits. Nevertheless I believe now, after discussing with the customer, that this was not the primary issue in the video. Only one servo was acting really weird and this even when reducing the cyclic in acceptable limits

I will soon mount some DS95 in a mini protos and check their actual behavior before 900 and after 2100Ás.

For those who are afraid not reaching the cyclic and collective they desire, it is just a matter of increasing slightly the length of the servo horn to reach the desired value @ 900 and 2100Ás.

regards
Marcel
Old 01-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

And isn't it a problem if you increase servo lenght to get the 6░ setup in blue?

If mounting in the same time longer balls on swatchplate, can this helps with resolution and limits?

I've read from you that DS95 have 360░ design to help with gear protection. Does this really help? I've found DS470 not very crash resistant, I hope those ones are better on that.

Thanks
Old 01-01-2011, 09:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes, you might need to trade in a bit of the blue light, but we are speeking (2150-1520)/(2100-1520) = 10% so only half a degree which is acceptable.

concerning the crash resistance, future will tell
nevertheless the DS95 are 12mm thick instead of 10mm and gears are chrome instead of Aluminum-magnesium alloy which should go in the right direction

Marcel
Old 01-01-2011, 09:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok good infos, thanks
Old 01-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I often read that the MKS DS95 are limited to 12 ░, and 10 ░ ring with BeastX. It is absolutely false .. It happened to one person who had damaged a servo (replaced by MKS). DS95 ARE FULLY compatible with MKS, with 12░, 15░ or even with 20░ collective pitch!

I tested on my 450 Pro (V2 + MKS BeastX DS95) with 20 ░ and 14 ░ collective cyclic no glitch at all.
coom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2011, 07:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I often read that the MKS DS95 are limited to 12 ░, and 10░ ring while used with MBX. It happened to one person who bought a damaged a servo.. MKS DS95 are FULLY compatible with MBX, with 12░, 15░ or even 20░ ..

I tested on my 450 Pro (V2 + MKS BeastX DS95) with 20 ░ and 14 ░ collective cyclic no glitch at all..
Old 01-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Coom, I'm pleased to read you

So you get these values, good info thanks!! Where do you put the ball on the horn?

Also, what kind of feeling did you get in flight with those servos?
Old 01-13-2011, 12:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone know where these servos can be purchased, preferably in the US?
ScotY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotY View Post
Anyone know where these servos can be purchased, preferably in the US?

look in helidirect http://www.helidirect.com/servos-mks...19_359_849.hdx
krazz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2011, 04:35 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you krazz!

Any reported problems or failures with these servos yet?
ScotY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2011, 05:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default MKS 95's

Hi Coom,Could you please give the position of the ball on the arm please,plus could you give a flight report of how these servo's perform compared to your previous servo's.
Many Thanks,
Marty.
MeekaMoMo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi NEAGRON,

I received my BEC today, I've cabled it and I will test the 450 tomorrow. I will try to make a video and post it to youtube.

The ball is at 15mm

coom
Old 01-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Many Thanks,Look forward to seeing the video also your opinion on how much bettre the 95's are,what servo's did you have previously.
Once again many thanks.

Marty.
MeekaMoMo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in