Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2016, 07:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Swash upgrade?

I have purchased three align swash replacements on my Align 250 and they all have play and make it impossible to setup correctly. All are Align products. Is there anyway to tighten them up?

Bill
Bill Fleming is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2016, 09:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

They all have play in them I have noticed, but if you get everything else setup correctly they little play in the swash should not affect you too much.

Toocool4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 09:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1

There is play, but it shouldn't affect the performance. I flew the crap out of mine and it was quite sloppy. Don't go crazy in setup. It doesn't need to be 1000% perfect.
https://kc3dprint.com - 3D Printing on Demand and 3D Printed RC Helicopter Upgrades
Number is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 10:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Swash slop

Setting up a BeastX 7200 or 7210 gets rather difficult in menu steps G & J with all the slop. Might not matter with other DFC gyros. I have use Align exclusively because of what has previously been high quality. Their 250 swash is not up their past quality standards. Makes me wonder if I should consider other manufacturers.

Thanks, Bill
Bill Fleming is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 10:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know what steps G and J are, but if they're anything to do with neutral pitch, don't worry about it. The 250 is a design from 8 years ago. Back when micros were not common and it was hard to machine stuff that small with high tolerances. It's not a precise mechanical machine, but it flies excellent.

Unfortunately you will not be able to get the mechanical setup perfect on this helicopter. But with a little patience and time it will fly very well, even with all the slop. It certainly shouldn't make you want to change manufacturers.

Here's mine:
T-REX 250 DFC Before Crash (2 min 50 sec)
https://kc3dprint.com - 3D Printing on Demand and 3D Printed RC Helicopter Upgrades
Number is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 02:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

All three of my dfc swashes have excessive play as well. I pulled one apart and put in a different bearing, but it didn't help much. I also use the AR7200bx. For step J, I wiggle the blade I am using for the adjustment and get 6 degrees at the center of that wiggle. For step K I use the upper end of the wiggle for the desired positive pitch, and lower end for the desired negative pitch. I haven't done step G for awhile, I don't recall an issue with it.

I had issues with my dfc head and replaced it with a non-dfc from a copterX. Both the copterX swash and the Align non-dfc swash have nearly as much play as the dfc swashes.

I don't fly like Number does, but I really don't see any negative affects from that slop. I have two other similar sized helis with rock solid swashes and the T-rex flies as precisely as they do..
Murph_d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2016, 04:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

its disapointing that theres so much slop in various places. I just upgraded to the dfc head and was impressed by how solid it was, but then the swash has some slop, and dont get started on the tail seriously... it was slop free in the pitch area but blade grips were terrible, then after some use some play has developed in the pitch links .

http://www.microheli.com/t-rex-250-series

microheli do some nice upgrades but no swashplate :/
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2016, 04:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As a confirmed DFC hater I swopped out the DFC sytem on my Align Trex250Pro for the CopterX swash with FBL head. The CopterX swash has an inferior bearing when compared to the Align swash, but having said that it flies perfectly. I dont think the little bit of excessive play is going to kill the deal. As others have posted above its not really possible to get this little heli 110% mechanically. As far as the tail slop, do the quad bearing mod on the tail grips and you will feel a good improvement.
And whatever you do, do not fall for the blingy upgrades from aftermarket suppliers, it is really not neccesary. A better tail servo is a good idea though.
TREX 250 PRO,Talon15, GPRO, Zeal ----TREX 500 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ----2x TREX 450PRO V2, 1xGPRO&1xBRAIN, Talon35, RAIL , Zeal ---- SAVOX powered TREX500 EFL in Roban scale UH1-N ---- TREX 600 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ---- DX9 ----
TR450ZS is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2016, 01:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Honestly I've never worried about slop on the 250. With a good FBL unit and a fast tail servo it flies pretty well regardless, and you're never going to get a 250 mechanically perfect.

The Oxy3 is the smallest precision model that I know of, below that size I treat them as beaters and try not to spend too much money on them.
Other: Team rep for Lynx/Oxy, Founder of NightWave Systems
myxiplx is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2016, 04:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx View Post
Honestly I've never worried about slop on the 250. With a good FBL unit and a fast tail servo it flies pretty well regardless, and you're never going to get a 250 mechanically perfect.

The Oxy3 is the smallest precision model that I know of, below that size I treat them as beaters and try not to spend too much money on them.
yep ive tried to mmake the tail work with an ok anologue servo. the best i got was a tail that was very soft and would bounce a little on stops. accell value needs to be dropped right down otherwise it just wags badly or goes into WOD.

i have a copterx swsh and it has some slop, when my 250 was fling well the slop didnt seem to make much difference. flew fine to me
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in