Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 04:15 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

(I actually used a 'lazy susan' for this) This is a great idea!

The revo mix has nothing to do with swash high and swash low.

I have 3 jr 8717's and on my flybarred ship it was off on the top. Enough to require
this adjustment. Without it a full climbout would veer to one side consistantly. Noticeable in the climbout test, maybe not so much in regular flying.
simmer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by egicar View Post
Mac and Linux

Ciao,
Egidio
I haven't got the microbeast around to plug in this second, but isn't that just the updater software? Or am I mistaken and you use this software for the micro settings too?
Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro, SK720/600MX/YGE-90HV/BL9180/BL9188
zeeflyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 03:09 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeflyboy View Post
I haven't got the microbeast around to plug in this second, but isn't that just the updater software? Or am I mistaken and you use this software for the micro settings too?
Sorry, you're right: I made a mistake.
There is only Mac version
Old 04-02-2011, 04:48 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by egicar View Post
Sorry, you're right: I made a mistake.
There is only Mac version
is that mac? I'll check it out....

Wowzers, that's the one. Excellent - thank you egicar, you da man.
Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro, SK720/600MX/YGE-90HV/BL9180/BL9188
zeeflyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2011, 01:32 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have just bought a beastx, i hope they include high and low swashplate leveling soon, someone said it was intended to be released soon 9 months back and still hasn't been implemented ??
spinzer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

I fully agree. This is where the vbar has them beat.
boehmr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 07:52 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Both of my MB birds climb out straight anyway, presumably because it can tell if it is pulling off and corrects it. That having been said, I accept that it can offer an improvement. Clearly if you adjust it so the control loops have nothing to do it will be better, but how important is it really when they do such a good job of handling it to begin with? Is your heli not climbing straight?

My swash does not push up level on the bench, I can see it, but it isn't much out, but it doesn't show up in flight. Presumably the MB fixes things up? Surely that is all that matters.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
Both of my MB birds climb out straight anyway, presumably because it can tell if it is pulling off and corrects it. That having been said, I accept that it can offer an improvement. Clearly if you adjust it so the control loops have nothing to do it will be better, but how important is it really when they do such a good job of handling it to begin with? Is your heli not climbing straight?

My swash does not push up level on the bench, I can see it, but it isn't much out, but it doesn't show up in flight. Presumably the MB fixes things up? Surely that is all that matters.

Cheers

Sutty
That's my opinion as well. Just because something has more "adjustments" doesn't automatically make that better.
nwmtech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #89 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I leveled my swash by eye, so it can't be perfect. All I know is whatever angle my heli is at when I punch out, the MB holds that angle for as long as I hold the stick.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:18 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

same here
nexgen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

In the same way that precomp helps having high and low swash plate leveling may improve things. I have not had the need for it though.

If your servos are fast/strong and of good quality the heli will travel straight up... along with having the gain and heading hold value set correctly.

Of course if they added the adjustment I would do it. Giving the algorhithm less work isn't a bad thing ever.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:21 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

You should buy a swash leveler. You'd be surprised How far are your eyes are off.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can check your swash without a leveler. Folds the blades together like you would do to double check zero pitch and rotate them around the heli. If the tips stay even all the way around your swash is level.
nwmtech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwmtech View Post
You can check your swash without a leveler. Folds the blades together like you would do to double check zero pitch and rotate them around the heli. If the tips stay even all the way around your swash is level.
Yeah, I stumbled on that same technique last season when doing my 450 set-up. it just dawned on me to do that. works pretty well and works in a pinch for sure... In the end a swash leveler is very handy though. they can be had for around 10-15 bucks.
akamullen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2011, 04:49 AM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still i would like to have the setting, can they not implement it and ask a fee for the update, i would gladly pay for it. Or is the system limited to not being upgraded to implement that feature ?
spinzer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2011, 05:12 AM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Can't you jut use mixing in your radio to level the swash at the top and bottom? Works for me on the 8FG.
bobloblaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2011, 10:17 AM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am surprised you have an issue with this. I used a swash leveler myself, (you can use an allen wrench and zip tie to the mast, checking the three points to level a swash without purchasing one) Its easy to do with a specialized tool or the allen wrench, you should do this as wel all know how very important it is to have a mechanically perfect setup, and how much it will allow a better flying ship.

Why I am surprised is I do not have any discrepancies betwene the low mid and high with mine. I see no need if its not off. Might be that your particular heli does not have the servos set up squarely or accuratly enough. Maybe the type of helicopter does not easily lend itself to being setup mechanically square (for lack of a better description.)

Of the old sayings my father used on me in years past... "If it aint broke... dont fix it" applies here. Course this lesson took me 20 some years before I saw the wisdom in it
Old 05-11-2011, 03:03 AM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The reason that many of us find the swash to not be level is that our servos do not all travel in an exact linear fashion.
bobloblaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2011, 03:55 AM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblaw View Post
Can't you jut use mixing in your radio to level the swash at the top and bottom? Works for me on the 8FG.
Are you seriously using this with the MB because first of all I cant see how this should work. And second, IIRC with H-1 swash you lose the swash mixing/levelling capabilities in the TX.

I would still like to see the levelling option sooner then later. Am thinking of buying a Vbar of CGY750 because of this feature.
Or perhaps try a FB again to see what the (dis)advantages are...
DannyvG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2011, 04:09 AM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

About the upper/lower swash leveling, if I have correctly understood how the Microbeast works, any little diferences should be corrected by Microbeast, comparing the position of the heli with the sticks’ inputs. It works on each single servo to maintain the position done from the sticks’ command.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in