Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #261 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default should i buy or not?

Hey everyone, I'm new here and wasn't able to find a good place to post this question so feel free to point me in the right direction if there is info elsewhere. I was thinking about buying a mcp x v2 but I'm not sure if I should or not. Is there a better option for a flybarless cp heli that is fairly cheap to maintain? I'm into the smaller helis for now (largest is the SR). I know the final decision is up to me just looking for some experienced opinions. Good or bad feel free to chime in on this heli or suggest different ones. Thanks.
edan978 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #262 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Try To Help

ALL

Doing a loop with my MCX dooes give me some rolling to either right or left, mainly to the left. I have been working on the issues of the servos moving when they shouldn't. It appears it is still vibration with the same amplitude in all axis (i.e. X Y Z). I find if I raise the throttle curve up so that hover is about 75% and when stunt mode the throttle is 95% it seens to put the vibration frequency at a place where there is very little servo interaction. I really want to place a steel vibration plate screwed to the frame and then use double sided foam tape to mount the main circuit board to it. There isn't much room though to move the board forward without it being tight in the canopy. I don't really want to run the rotor speed up so high as that will do real damage in a crash, and it really decreases the flight time. Maybe someone out there has an ides on running lower rotor speeds and get some more vibration out. I saw a guy at a local shop flying with the stock head but carbon fiber main blades, and using the stock recommended curve settings. His heli made smooth loops and rolls. Also note he had the version 1 board, with a brushless motor conversion. there is a little play in the stock motor, run a piece of regular note paper between the gears with the motor screws loose then tighten them up, that's pretty standard for most heli's.

Thanks in agvance and Happy Flying

oldrich (Rich) [email protected]
oldrich is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #263 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oldrich check these out.

The guy that makes them is a member here ''rdlohr'' his website is http://rdlohr.com

I shortened the two posts that the board mounts too so there is no difference where the board mounts.

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #264 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks For The Information

Liduno

Great info I checked the website out he has several things I can use. Great catch, I bet the mount for the main board (5 in 1) will take care of my vibration issues, I will be sure to post it on here. I sure hope HH is reading this thread to see what we all are going through. I can't wait to get the part and try it, I'll be sure to post my findings.

oldrich (Rich)

[email protected]
Old 05-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #265 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrich View Post
Liduno

Great info I checked the website out he has several things I can use. Great catch, I bet the mount for the main board (5 in 1) will take care of my vibration issues, I will be sure to post it on here. I sure hope HH is reading this thread to see what we all are going through. I can't wait to get the part and try it, I'll be sure to post my findings.

oldrich (Rich)

[email protected]
It worked for me, I had a board that would do the 90* twitch with the slightest vibration and the isolator eliminated it.

I didn't like the way it moved the board forward though, so I just slid the isolator over the pins and marked them with a sharpie, then used a razor to shorten them.

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 07:07 AM   #266 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default No power to main motor

Anyone have suggestions..unable to get main motor to spin...tried new motor with new 3 in 1 controller and same thing. Rear tail motor works fine but no power to main motor. Will not spin. Please help.
Markkeri109 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #267 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Main motor not running

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markkeri109 View Post
Anyone have suggestions..unable to get main motor to spin...tried new motor with new 3 in 1 controller and same thing. Rear tail motor works fine but no power to main motor. Will not spin. Please help.
Marken 109

That is a good one. What transmitter are you using? Are you sure that the transmitter settings are correct. Really need to know what transmiter.

oldrich (Rich)

[email protected]
Old 05-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #268 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Markkeri109 No power to main motor
I have the same issue with an older V2 board. After some diagnosis I'm pretty sure that it is a damaged main motor FET. I haven't repaired it or sent it in for repair yet though, so not confirmed.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #269 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sounds like a Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killgore Trout View Post
I have the same issue with an older V2 board. After some diagnosis I'm pretty sure that it is a main motor damaged FET. I haven't repaired it or sent it in for repair yet though, so not confirmed.
Killgore Trout Et all

You are right it could be the main motor FET. Though if indeed motor and the 3 in 1 board were both changed for new ones, then I have to look elsewhere. I am using a brushless motor with it's conversion board which I love. The Main 3 in 1 I am still using the V1 board with no problems except for vibration affecting the gyros a bit. The V2 has on help for that issue. Look up a few posts on the page I think that 3 in 1 board mount will work great (I hope).

oldrich (Rich)

[email protected]
Old 05-30-2012, 06:36 AM   #270 (permalink)
Registered Users

The rotor blades on mine completely ejected but the feathering spindle stayed in place. Thanks for the info! Just made a " thump" sound and down it went and the blades were over 20 feet apart!
green4191 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 08:40 AM   #271 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Motor non-Spool Up Issue FYI

Just got a second MCPX, the first was so much fun. Got the second for "parts" but decided to just fly it AND the original.

Returned the second due to confounding issue. (New one on way from HH)

Initial preflight good to go.

Spool up motor, hovered in air 2 inches and landed normally. Motor will not spool up again. Cyclic and Pitch working just fine. No motors, main or tail. Had to rebind. Worked until the motor stopped, suddenly or my throttle, and then repeat of above. Rebind.

I will throw something else out there. First flight while in 2 ft hover, tail motor just died, spun heli. Set up to fly again, no motor spin up. rebind. After rebind, she flew.

Suspect main board. HH has a replacement on the way. mentioned that it was a known issue.

Regards
Steve
NC_Rotorhead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #272 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have had my mcpx for a while now and have been working out every piece of slop i could to help remove the vibrations and tail wag this guy can have. I am running a co5m and pretty much every microheli mod there is. i am using a 6 1/2inch boom with stock tail motor and kbbd tail blade with cut-down and balanced kbbd mains.i found that after putting the o rings on everything i could to remove slop from the connection points i noticed that there was still slop in the head and that the simple o-ring mounts on the board where not enough. For the board i mounted it using feathering shaft bushings on the backside of the board. (so the order is white bushing first,red o ring, main-board, then feathering bushing) and that got ride of 90% of board vibe issues. then i moved to solving the head. ultimately i completely trashed there copper bushings and am now just using 2 black o-rings in there place. the floating up and down issue is still there, but far less noticeable. if anyone would like to confirm my findings please do.
blindside is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #273 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Maybe Some Help, I Hope

Hi All

The stock head is too slopy, from top to bottom. I have a carbonfibre main shaft with a CNC swashplate and head with 3 bearings on each side. I am also running a brushless motor with 9 tooth pinion on it. The MCPX still has the origional main board I.E. version 1.0. I have the setup so it takes off at 1800 rpm head speed and runs between 1800 and 2200 rpm unless I really stand on it. The heli as it comes from the factory is not good (as in junk). With the fixes it flys pretty well and does 3d ok as well. I am running the stock blades for now although I have a percision scale and they weigh "exactly" the same down to .00001 grams, with a bit if sanding. It is a great little heli, would not give it up. I have no servo unusual movements as I did in my and others previous posts. I just moved so I haven't got the plastic main board mount as seen a couple of pages back, just to get any vibrations out that might cause problems. CHECK EVERY SCREW....

Happy Flying

oldrich

[email protected]
Old 07-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #274 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
. I have the setup so it takes off at 1800 rpm head speed and runs between 1800 and 2200 rpm unless I really stand on it
Those sure seem like awfully low HS.
everydayflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #275 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree, that would be less than half throttle on a stock motor.
Tasteles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #276 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Rotorhead View Post
Just got a second MCPX, the first was so much fun. Got the second for "parts" but decided to just fly it AND the original.

Returned the second due to confounding issue. (New one on way from HH)

Initial preflight good to go.

Spool up motor, hovered in air 2 inches and landed normally. Motor will not spool up again. Cyclic and Pitch working just fine. No motors, main or tail. Had to rebind. Worked until the motor stopped, suddenly or my throttle, and then repeat of above. Rebind.

I will throw something else out there. First flight while in 2 ft hover, tail motor just died, spun heli. Set up to fly again, no motor spin up. rebind. After rebind, she flew.

Suspect main board. HH has a replacement on the way. mentioned that it was a known issue.

Regards
Steve
I just got a replacement board from HH due to a fried tail FET. Mine does exactly the same thing yours does, they have ANOTHER replacement on the way, I get it on Thurday, ugh.

Phantom 2 Vision and assorted other egg-beaters.
pixeltim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #277 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a mcpx2 with about forty flights on it. it is rolling uncontrollably to the right as soon as throttle is applied. at rest, with battery in, swash stays level. as soon as any throttle is given the swash begins tilting right until the full travel is reached. if I use collective to tilt the swash back level or even full left, as soon as I release the stick it creeps back full right. (all of this is happening on the bench, as flight is not possible right now). it started doing this all at once, mid-flight, causing a crash.

tried re-binding several times. re-binding was successful each time, but did not help the problem.

then I switched the plugs for the two aileron servos to see if the servo was the problem. that did not stop the unwanted action, just reversed it (uncontrollable roll left, instead of right).

According to the first page of this thread, I need a new 3-1 board, right?

I think I know that I need a new 3-1, but I wanted to get confirmation from some of you guys before dropping $70 on a part. I've read all pertinent threads here, but a lot of them seem to have dated info (2011) and I wanted to make sure my diagnosis was right for the 2012 version 2 board.

Thanks for the help!!!
futaba 6J, spektrum dx6i
MtnMan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #278 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Did you bump the aileron trim on your Tx?
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #279 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. M View Post
Did you bump the aileron trim on your Tx?
I did a couple experiments a while back and they showed that the 3 in 1 board looks for a hard coded aileron and elevator cyclic position as "neutral". It does not take what it sees on power up as neutral like you might expect. So if for whatever reason your aileron trim does not agree with what the 3 in 1 board is looking for, it will creep like you describe as soon as you raise the collective. Try trimming out the drift and see if that stops it after the next power cycle.

Paul
pgoelz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #280 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgoelz View Post
I did a couple experiments a while back and they showed that the 3 in 1 board looks for a hard coded aileron and elevator cyclic position as "neutral". It does not take what it sees on power up as neutral like you might expect. So if for whatever reason your aileron trim does not agree with what the 3 in 1 board is looking for, it will creep like you describe as soon as you raise the collective. Try trimming out the drift and see if that stops it after the next power cycle.

Paul
Thanks Rd M and Paul.

I did not change any tx settings, and have confirmed that all of my tx settings are as should be.

Paul, I do not exactly understand what you are suggesting that I do...I don't really know what this means: "the 3 in 1 board looks for a hard coded aileron and elevator cyclic position as "neutral". It does not take what it sees on power up as neutral "

from the beginning and right now, I have 0 trim settings on my tx. I thought this was the way to go because the heli is FBL? So are you saying that I should just try to use my aileron trim setting to counteract the bird wanting to roll?? I haven't tried that because I thought you weren't supposed to mess with trim on fbl helis
futaba 6J, spektrum dx6i
MtnMan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in