Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 09:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Does your mCPX have a vibration?

Got mine yesterday. Can not get it to take off straight up. Don't know if this is the problem but while throttling up. just at the point before it lifts off it gets this loud vibration. Do they all do that?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2011, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

How is it in the air.

All Cp helis want to go right on take off.

Check your blade grips to make sure there isn't any play

Sent from my A854 using Tapatalk
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith C. View Post
Got mine yesterday. Can not get it to take off straight up. Don't know if this is the problem but while throttling up. just at the point before it lifts off it gets this loud vibration. Do they all do that?

Thanks!
Check that your main gear has not dropped down. You should be able to see 2mm of shaft extending below the gear.
davidpe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I get it once in a while to. Ground resonance maybe. A little quicker through the collective, and no problems.
thetable is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Every time I get vibration on the ground, the reason is the main gear has slipped after a crash.
PZ Night Vapor, Ember and UM Mosquito. M-A-E Penguin
VaderSS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you sure it is not just the tail motor spinning up?This caught me off guard,I go to take off and hear this incredible high pitched whine.....It turns out it is the little tail motor screaming up to speed....They sound real bad if the blades are not twisted evenly,if you look close you can see if they are out of track..
Old 03-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Servo Noise

Is Anyone elses mcp x making servo noise when you plug in the battery and its just sitting there?
bryan_mccombs2001@yahoo.c is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 10:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Still having problems. Took your advice...Was a little play in the blade grips--I snugged the screws up til it was gone. My main gear had dropped down--the end of the shaft was up in the gear, I fixed that. Still have the vibration but like thetable said it goes away once you get past a certain point of accelleration

Still can not get it to fly straight. It take off and goes hard to the left and rear. I tried trim and subtrim and it just falls over before it takes off. Can't get it to hover in the confines of a '20 X '20 room with minimal furniture which I thought I would be able to. According to the video that came with it you should be able to raise the throttle and without touching the cyclic it should hover. I'll keep working on it but any more suggestions would be great. Thanks to all!
Old 03-12-2011, 11:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default touching the cyclic

don't touch the rudder either
Old 03-13-2011, 12:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Still having problems. Took your advice...Was a little play in the blade grips--I snugged the screws up til it was gone. My main gear had dropped down--the end of the shaft was up in the gear, I fixed that. Still have the vibration but like thetable said it goes away once you get past a certain point of accelleration

Still can not get it to fly straight. It take off and goes hard to the left and rear. I tried trim and subtrim and it just falls over before it takes off. Can't get it to hover in the confines of a '20 X '20 room with minimal furniture which I thought I would be able to. According to the video that came with it you should be able to raise the throttle and without touching the cyclic it should hover. I'll keep working on it but any more suggestions would be great. Thanks to all!
Zero out all trim and subtrim on your TX before plugging in your heli. Most FBL units get mixed up with trim since the FBL unit itself does the mixing, not the TX.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Is Anyone elses mcp x making servo noise when you plug in the battery and its just sitting there?
Yep. Typical of FBL system ... my Rondo and Skookum units all cause the servos to buzz / hum a little. Remember, all of your servos are now attached to a gyro instead of only one (your rudder).
Old 03-13-2011, 12:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Still h

With the exception of pitch, you should have no trims in.

The first few time I spooled mine up, it tipped over. The next time, I tried just popping it in the air and it flew straight at a book shelf. I tried to catch it, could not, and pulled TH.

The next time, when it tried to tilt on the ground, I put in correction on the cyclic and played with it until it stopped wanting to tilt, then I took off and achieved hover.

Mine still wants to tip over at times, and I just correct it with the cyclic until it is holding level on the ground, and then take off.
PZ Night Vapor, Ember and UM Mosquito. M-A-E Penguin
VaderSS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 01:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Canuck View Post
Zero out all trim and subtrim on your TX before plugging in your heli. Most FBL units get mixed up with trim since the FBL unit itself does the mixing, not the TX.
So this means if your heli shoots off to the left on takeoff you don't add any trim? Ok I'll try anything at this point.

Thanks again, all great ideas.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My heli has a bad vibrations here and there..Straight out the box is had it..I started going thru different things and noticed the head had some vertical slop..slid the gear up and it helped but fast forward fllight it comes back..I talked to a lhs and they said they talked to hh about this problem.I guess hh said it sounds like you know alot about helis, so if you figure it out,call us and let us know what the problem is..Lhs said its only $150 heli,you get what you pay for..What kind of crap is that??Any advice??
smokingcopter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 10:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
sub trim is ok but you need to rebind after setting it
the heli should see it as the new center for the channel
AMA#948801
Elios000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 10:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

mine has a bad pulsating vibration out of the box,comes and goes . am going to try snugging up the blades as posted above . also I'm real disappointed in the fact the tail wont hold ,blows out just trying to do slow backward flight
OHIOBOWHUNTER is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I disagree. There's not one fbl system out therev that advocates the use of trim or subtrim. The manuals all tell you to remove all trim and subtrim.

Yeah, it might work, but its not the best fix for possible poor mechanical setup.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I disagree. There's not one fable system out therev that advocates the use of trim or subtrim.

Yeah, it might work, but its not the best fix for possible poor mechanical setup.

3G is fine with sub trim but you must rebind to use it for the system to see it as the new centers
again only sub trim still cant use normal trim but sub trim is fine
AMA#948801
Elios000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 01:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My mcp x just has so much vibrations,Im ready to send it back to hh..Should have waited to find out peoples thoughts about the heli..Just not a very happy camper..
smokingcopter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingcopter View Post
My mcp x just has so much vibrations,Im ready to send it back to hh..Should have waited to find out peoples thoughts about the heli..Just not a very happy camper..
+1 i wish I had the 170.00 back I tried looser grips ,tighter grips and the bullet blades....still shakes like crazy ,oh and the fact that the tail does'nt hold any more than a rate gyro. I guess the one HH used to make the pitch video was a "custom job " not like the production ones. shoulda known better than to buy anything from HH !!!:argg g:
OHIOBOWHUNTER is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in