Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #661 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr dremel View Post
Some 7mm motors run CCW if connected with with correct polarity, so you turn motor/rotor to the other side. Been running such a setup for 300 flights on each of my birds now, no problems with TBO whatsoever.
The pitch on the blades are wrong for this to work. :-(
TBS Discovery FPV
dna001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #662 (permalink)
Registered Users

As I said, tail rotor has to be turned also, you put it on the motor the "wrong" way. Works without a hitch, BW loops, tic tocs, you name it. No tail fin though.

mcpx BL HK 14kkV vibefree (3 min 6 sec)
Old 03-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #663 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr dremel View Post
No tail fin though.

https://vimeo.com/59229151
Yes that will work, but fourstringin still has the tail fin installed. If he moves it forward or removes it all would be good, but the way it is now its not going to work very well.

What ever way you look at it, the tail blades has to ALLWAYS push the air to the right,(looking from tail in) and anything in the way is not going to help much, and definitely not the tail fin :-)
TBS Discovery FPV
Old 03-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #664 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna001 View Post
Yes that will work, but fourstringin still has the tail fin installed. If he moves it forward or removes it all would be good, but the way it is now its not going to work very well.
It would seem that way but I have the motor wires flipped so the motor runs backwards. I put the blade on backward because the of the concave. So it makes it like it was on the other side. Pushing air with the correct side.

Now as far as pushing air into the fin, eh makes no difference, really think of it as using the air to pull it'sself instead of push itself. Either push air into the fin or have a tiny space to pull air from if its on the other side mounted as stock.

Mainly i have this setup so it cools the motor. Tail hold is great and works quite well.

It's going to take me a couple weeks to get my super light build done but ill do test with and with out the fin and stock position and report back.
fourstringin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #665 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstringin View Post
It would seem that way but I have the motor wires flipped so the motor runs backwards. I put the blade on backward because the of the concave. So it makes it like it was on the other side. Pushing air with the correct side.

Now as far as pushing air into the fin, eh makes no difference, really think of it as using the air to pull it'sself instead of push itself. Either push air into the fin or have a tiny space to pull air from if its on the other side mounted as stock.

Mainly i have this setup so it cools the motor. Tail hold is great and works quite well.

It's going to take me a couple weeks to get my super light build done but ill do test with and with out the fin and stock position and report back.
Yep report back, would be interesting, When I tried this and held the heli in my hand and felt the air coming off the tail blade with fin and with out , it was obvious to Me it works better with out. In the end i went with twin tail motors. with out the fin. :-)
TBS Discovery FPV
Old 03-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #666 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna001 View Post
Yep report back, would be interesting, When I tried this and held the heli in my hand and felt the air coming off the tail blade with fin and with out , it was obvious to Me it works better with out. In the end i went with twin tail motors. with out the fin. :-)
Yeah who knows where I will end up on the tail situation. I'm on the hunt for the lightest mcpx build i can make match with exceptional performance. Im currently deep into what im going to do for motor and esc. Tryign to get topper to make me a double fet xp3a to run my main motor. Just started a thread if you want to follow along. I wont be updating it much until i get parts in plus i have a bachelor party this weekend.

But it should be an interesting and refreshing post for a seemingly stale forum lately.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...32#post4796732
fourstringin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 04:19 AM   #667 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mCPx Paper Canopy -- First Aftermarket mCPx Hop-Up?

Hey everyone,

I've made a few paper canopies now, and they've all succumbed to the same fate. The canopy post holes tear. Apart from not crashing, how do you guys battle this issue? Reinforce the holes somehow?

Cheers,

Pete
Old 03-19-2013, 05:24 AM   #668 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeky_Pete View Post
Hey everyone,

I've made a few paper canopies now, and they've all succumbed to the same fate. The canopy post holes tear. Apart from not crashing, how do you guys battle this issue? Reinforce the holes somehow?

Cheers,

Pete
You could try my canopy pin mod: Cut all four posts in 1/2, then re-join with heatshrink. That makes them flexible (will never break at the root).

Plus reinforce the inside of the canopy around the hole with fibregrass tape, then punch a hole.
DX8, Phoenix
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 07:09 AM   #669 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
You could try my canopy pin mod: Cut all four posts in 1/2, then re-join with heatshrink. That makes them flexible (will never break at the root).

Plus reinforce the inside of the canopy around the hole with fibregrass tape, then punch a hole.
I'll try the tape thing for sure. I run the AD carbon cage, so I can't cut the pins
Old 03-19-2013, 09:02 AM   #670 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I see.

If you have room you can also add some thick double sided tape on the inside, and punch a hole in it. Does give a lot more support
DX8, Phoenix
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #671 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 for tape on the inside. Punch hole, then add grommet.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #672 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Canopy and Fuselage

Long timer lurker and first time poster

The question of a fuselage had been posted on this tread a few times from reading the various forums.

I just happen to have a beta release if anyone is still interested. I've been using basic card stock paper from Staples, spray paint, lacquer to stiff'n her up and that resultant better coat of color ... and box tape as a laminate.

It definately will take a beating and for the price ... well face it, you can afford to dress her up a little bit from time to time. I honestly believe that this also offers a little more support for the tail boom. After shattering a couple of these I was well ready to try something.

I chose this method initially because I wanted to create my own "wet slick" decals for tail numbers and decoration ... and secondly not have to worry about ink bleeding from wet photo finish paper.
tmonton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #673 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here are a couple photo's on a demo run. Beta version 1.3

Really really close but .. I am still not happy with the finish yet.

Lacquer everything at least two coats when you are finished with color. This helps to stiff'n card stock considerably.

Laminate the outside of the paper (painted side) only. Then add a strip on the opposite side (inside the fuselage) only where the hole break through. Use a punch tool to break the hole from in the inside out. This way you are not actually removing paper but more pushing a hole through. The outside dimple pokes out and acts as a captive nut to the canopy stays and she hangs on really well.

Both the original and the paper canopies found here still have plenty of room to bite on the canopy stays. It says put with very little trouble.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #674 (permalink)
Registered Users

can someone make me a canopy with monster energy drink for a mcpx v2 and mail it to me?
Very nice...how much?
Ken Styles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #675 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Paper Canopy

I am truly impressed with some of the designs that you folks have come up with.

So much that I added one to my bird.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:01 AM   #676 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Folks,

I have been working on two canopy designs using CorelDraw11, so they are Vector drawings. I have made a few now and they aren't perfect but they almost are :-)

Because they are vector files it is possible to easily edit them, add detail, designs, and adjust the geometry and size of them.

I don't really know which other applications could open and edit a CorelDraw file. I have tried in the saving CorelDraw files in other formats like Adobe Illustrator or Autocad format files or exporting them....but haven't had much luck with it.

Corel Draw is a great package but it is a bit retarded in places...Alwayse has been

If anybody is interested I can probably post the files somehow but I am not sure how to do that exactly.

Standby for some pictures of my efforts...Probably......They are a little sketchy and not the PRO results that come together sweetly in my mind's-eye :-)

I am quite prowd of them as I not naturally neat tidy and crafty, essential skills when making these things. If I don't glue myself to EVERYTHING in the manufacturing process its a result!

Cheers!
two-six is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #677 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here are some pics of my best efforst so far...

The first two are the TDR style canopy and the second two are the traditional canopy style with the vents.

I am getting hooked on doing these now :-)

The traditional style one weighs in a 2.85 grams the real canopy weighs 2.53 but I do have some paper stickers on it.

As I said in my last post I can send out the .cdr CorelDraw 11 files for these two designs if anybody want them. Probably...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TDR style Resized.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	405932   Click image for larger version

Name:	TDR dark.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	405933   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blade Traditional resized.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	405934   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trad dark.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	405935  
two-six is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #678 (permalink)
Registered Users

Version 3 ... a few fine touches and I think I got it finally.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #679 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: mCPx Paper Canopy -- First Aftermarket mCPx Hop-Up?

Tmonton - nice work. I'm not much into full fuses but I like that.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
triver525 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #680 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicatwork View Post
Did this on a slow day at work today. Was a request from Prostreet. You will need the pepakura viewer here---> http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-e...ad/viewer.html
and the .pdo file here---> https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.php?p=...2&postcount=64

Click on the attached thumbnail so it opens as a big image, then right click and 'save as' and save it where ever you want.

Open Pepakura and load the mCPX file from the second download. Then under settings, click on texture setting. Then click on specify texture image and load the .jpeg image. Can print it from pepakura and it prints as a paper folding image with lines for folding and cutting. You can play with the pepakura settings and get rid of the fold marks if you like (that's what I do) Enjoy!
Finally got some ink for my printer to give this a shot. Thanks for all your hard work!!!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366410947.692303.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	413775Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366410962.521223.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	413776
IamProStreet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
free, hop-up, mcpx, paper canopy, red camo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in