T-Rex600 Rebuild.... - Page 25 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #481 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Grant, but I found it now.

I missed it on my first search, as the first page of google results was populated with forum links. Searched a second time after posting, went straight to page 2 and there it was!!

Going to sort my MCPX out tonight, then make a start on a final final spares list for all the heli's, 600 included
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #482 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hahaha...found this on page 6!!

1 year on and it's still not done Had it maidened, only to find more issue's to address. Still hopeful the next round of sprares will see it good (hopefully more than 1 flight before crashing ).

MAYBE I'll get to put some flights in with it at this years FFFD!!

Old 03-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #483 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by copterboy View Post
1 year on and it's still not done Had it maidened, only to find more issue's to address. Still hopeful the next round of sprares will see it good (hopefully more than 1 flight before crashing ).
Sort of like my 700N, Denis I built it about a year ago, and it has maybe 20 tests flights on it, finally got sick of chasing the vibes and ripped SK720 off it (could never get bailout to work on it) and put it on 6HV where it's happier. Now 700N is waiting in queue for MB+CPII combo to be put on it, same setup as Andy's got on his 600E, but I'm in Chile with all my crew (it makes 3 of us) pulling 12-14/7 shifts, while the plant manager is calmly explaining that the plant has already lost $400k in unsold production because of the delays we have in the upgrading of some of their key production lines...

If I manage to keep them happy (2 of the 4 lines we're involved in are already operational and having much better production output than before) I think I'll deserve a whole new heli
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #484 (permalink)
Registered Users

If I manage to keep them happy (2 of the 4 lines we're involved in are already operational and having much better production output than before) I think I'll deserve a whole new heli [/QUOTE]

Yeah, like who didn't see this comming?
Old 04-16-2012, 03:01 AM   #485 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't worry, I haven't done anything I didn't fly the 450 last night as I was too tired after chasing my 3yr old boy around all day. So I came back home and made my list for the kasama head, and had a look at the stores Grant had recommended to me.

This is what I needed...(and why)
2 x F.Shafts (spares)
2 x Blade Grip Arms (old one's bent)
4 x 8x16x5 Blade Grip Radial Bearings (old one's notchy)
2 x 8x16x5 Blade Grip Thrust Bearings (old one's notchy)
2 x Dampers (8) (spares)

Seems 3D Rotor has all the spares available. However, I'm a little worried kasama have redesigned the blade grips, and they now take different blade grip arm which is the only part I really need to replace to get it working.

I'll need to send a quick email to someone, or check if Grant knows anything about it. The old one's I have are black and look thinner than the new one's. The new one's are silver, and look wider than the old one's. So if I order the new silver arm's, I'm worried they will be too wide to fit into the seat/groove on the side of the blade grips

If this is the case, it means I will have to spend £60 on new blade grips and arms, instead of just £18 on the arms. Don't think I can justify spending that much, if that is the case. So will just put the Align head back on until I can convert it to FBL.

Ah well, will see how it goes once I get some more information.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #486 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just had some great news this morning that means the order for the kasama spares will definately go ahead in the next 2 weeks
Old 05-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #487 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great news !!! It's a very nice bird, you'll love it. Unlike those clean-ass Es, it comes with a free sky-writing feature, comes out great on videos
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #488 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dont beleive it! As if it hasn't taken me long enough already!!

The place I ordered my kasama spares from is closed for a week for holidays!! Order won't be processed till the 27th
Old 05-23-2012, 02:57 AM   #489 (permalink)
Registered Users

You better sit down before reading this....my kasama spares are on the way!!
Old 05-23-2012, 04:37 AM   #490 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Soon as I logged in, a moment ago, and saw that thread title, unread and in bold, the excitement started to mount.

Now stop messing about and get the sodding thing airborne.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #491 (permalink)
Registered Users

Honestly, I am chuffed to bits I finally got them ordered, but I am really pushed for time because of work, amongst other things.

Not sure how I'm going to fit it all in before the FFFD, as I only have 2 weeks before I go away to work, and I'm flat out running 2 jobs a day for the next week and a half - to make sure I'm finished in time to start the big job. All I know is, it will be finished on the 1st July, then I have 4 days painting my Aunties house in Leeds, and I will finally get a day off on the Friday of the FFFD!!

I'm just aiming to have the 450 fixed and 600 airbourne in time for the FFFD. That way, I can ensure I will spend most of the weekend flying, instead of messing about building things, like the last 3 years

If I can get the PSU bit of the charging station finished in time, that will be a bonus, but at least I can bring a PL6 with me and charge my 6x3S 2200mah with ease. And if I find myself waiting on batteries, I can just fill up the 600
Old 05-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #492 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's what we want to hear. No building allowed at the FFFD, unless it is to repair something that has already gone in, which we don't want to have to do either.

Glad the work is piling in Denis, sounds like you have your hands full, but at least the rewards will be obvious as the cash starts rolling in from the completed jobs.

Bad luck with the 450 yesterday. These things are sent to try us. The 550 is just waiting on blades and a servo ball now, so should be able to re-maiden that as soon as I get home this week since those are on their way from FLs as we speak.

Last night I tried some sim work to reverse my piro circuits from clockwise to anti clockwise spin, left rudder, to bring then in line with my piro flips. Now I can't do either. Only spent an hour, and I would normally be happy to learn it in RL, but after what happened with the confusion with the 550 I really have to get it nailed before I do either again in RL. Mind you, if I'd been higher I would have been fine anyway, but where is the fun in that, lol.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 05-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #493 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally have the parts to re-build the kasama head
I can have it done in an hour, so should be able to fit it in before weekend.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #494 (permalink)
Registered Users

I started this last night and ran out of time to use the oven for replacing the bearings in the blade grips.

So, I nip home for lunch and get the blade grips and arms back together with new bearings, thrust bearings and feathering shaft. I've checked the assembly order to the exploded diagram, and it is correct as far as I know.

Another problem!! It's like the blade grips are solid, and will not rotate on the f.shaft. I have packed out the thrust bearings with grease, so wondering if that could affect it so much, but I doubt it, as one of the blade grips seems seized.

Was very tidy with the threadlock, so doubt it could be that having got into the bearings

I'm annoyed to be held up by another set back, as all I need to do is literally put the main blades back on and check the head setup again. Thought I would have it done by now.

Will look again later, and try to figure out, but if you guys have any suggestions, I'd appreciate any idea's in the meantime. Otherwise, I'll head over to the kasama forum!!

Cheers
Den
Old 05-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #495 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You'll need to disassemble the grips, Denis, to see what's going on, but if you didn't get any locktite into the bearings then this is an assembly problem, too many spacers on the feathering shaft, too thick dampeners, stuff like this. I had a wrong length of the feathering shaft causing me a headache last month, but this was trying to fit a clone shaft on a B400, highly unlikely in your case...

Last edited by jperkosk; 05-31-2012 at 04:46 PM..
Old 05-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #496 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cheers Jerry. I was astonished earlier. I was expecting it to just slot back together, job done. Not more spares please!! I was also looking forward to reporting it finished, so it hacked me off a little at the time.

In all fairness, your right, I rushed putting back together, so must be an assembly problem/pilot error

I removed both f.shaft screws and checked the grips. One seems fine, a little stiffer than before maybe, which from my experience, I can only assume is the new bearings and grease. It runs smooth, not notchy. Hopefully, when I go for the next flight, Tony Stevens maybe at the club (who once had a T600N w.Kasama Head) so if he's there when I go, I can ask him to confirm it's ok.

When I push the f.shaft into the other grip, it get's stuck around the thrust bearing. It appears the problem is the f.shaft getting caught on the inner race of the thrust bearing. So I know where the problem lies. Maybe it didn't go in flat, and is at a slight angle? I did have a struggle with one of them!! Maybe this is it!!

It's too late to get the oven on again now, so I'll book the work in asap!!
Old 05-31-2012, 04:07 PM   #497 (permalink)
Registered Users

This effing bearing/blade grip thing is starting to p*ss me off. It was the thrust bearing not installed straight, so my own fault for a hasty installation.

Now I got the thrust bearing back in straight, I am struggling to get the outer radial bearing in. Currently on gas mark 6 for 5 mins, and the bearing is in the freezer. God help me finish this thing please!!!!!

Now realised just how quick you have to be before the alu shirnks again. Think I witnessed it closing up, and I only had time to drop the inner race and bearings of the thrust bearing. Outer one wouldn't go in, and I had to pop back in the oven!!
Old 05-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #498 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have just experienced a huge spike of positive emotions directed towards the stock plastic blade grips on both on my 600Ns
Old 05-31-2012, 07:07 PM   #499 (permalink)
Registered Users

Phew thank you god!! It's done and back together. Blades and canopy back on Noticed a loose paddle, so it got a fresh drop of CA.

I'm no dancing banana yet though. Not till it's test flown again. Think I've still got a few small things to check, like pitch range is still ok, and the blade grip movement still feels a little tight to what I've seen on Gaz's T600's. Now I'm wondering if the blade grips might actually be the problem after struggling with the bearings again. I've decided after all the messing with the kasama head, if new grips end up being required, an Align DFC FBL head will be cheaper, (so you can see where this is going )

I'll power it up tomorrow, and check how the servos sound under load anyway.

Decided to start reading the DX8 manual tonight, and started to program in the 450 setup. I also need to think about removing the old DSM2 AR6200 so I can return it to HH and get the antenna repaired on the main RX unit. Will use the new DSMX AR6115e/DX8 in the meantime. Think I'll test fly the 450 w.DX6i this weekend, and move it over sometime next week.

It will be a nostalgic moment, as I've had the 450 and DX6i for exactly 4 yrs now, and this will be there last flight together
Old 05-31-2012, 07:24 PM   #500 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good luck Denis. I'm sure you'll crack it. I can't wait to hear those words. "The 600 is ready for a test flight".

Cheers

Sutty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.