Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #221 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was planning on blasting everything with compressed air after spraying, in hopes of cleaning out any floating debris and removing some spray-over.

so far, have big can of D5 ready to go ,but the heli is still flying sweets. The grommet mod cured the big shakes I had when it was new. Maybe my frequent crashes are keeping the servos shaken clean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #222 (permalink)

You might not want to use D5 on the carbon conductive strip.
I have read many posts where it ruins the carbon conductive strip in faders, carbon-based controls (potentiometers). This should also apply to the mCXP servo carbon conductive strip as it is the same material.
F5 is made to clean and lubricate carbon-based controls so it should be perfect for the mCPX servo. It does say for "metal-to-metal parts" also so sounds like it will work for the metal conductive strip and metal fingers.

DeoxIT« D-Series contact cleaner is a fast-acting deoxidizing solution that cleans, protects, lubricates and improves conductivity on all metal connectors and contacts".

DeoxIT« Gold (formerly ProGold), is a unique conditioning solution that improves conductivity and provides long-lasting protection on gold, base metals and other precious metal contacts and connections (gold, silver, rhodium, copper, bronze, nickel, etc.).

DeoxIT« FaderLube F5
Lubrication/protection of plastic-to-plastic parts (faders), plastic-to-metal parts (faders, linear sliders - dot matrix printers), metal-to-metal parts (sliding and slow rotating metal parts, locks, bearings), carbon-based controls (potentiometers) and membrane switches (mouse pointers, touch keypads).

Tom
CX2Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users

once again tom thanks for the research and info.
it's been a suck a$$ week and i still haven't found those products
rob
rob214 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

CX2Pilot, thank you for researching all of this. I have now used DN5 and GN5 on both strips of my 3 servos Oh well. I can at least offer that it doesn't immediately destroy the strips or anything, but I guess I should have used F5.

Guitar Center apparently sells F5 / Faderlube. Amazon does as well.

I did see that Amazon sells also these products in small squeeze tubes of liquid, vs sprays. They're cheaper, and the liquid descriptions say "100%", vs "5%" for the sprays. I don't know if that's referring to the product-vs-propellant ratio for the sprays or something like that. But the liquids sound like a good deal, if you were planning to use a Q-tip. I bought the Radio Shack small sprays because I could grab them that same day, and my servos were twitching pretty badly, despite the other products I'd tried cleaning them with
RedOctobyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #225 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob214 View Post
once again tom thanks for the research and info.
it's been a suck a$$ week and i still haven't found those products
rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctobyr View Post
CX2Pilot, thank you for researching all of this. I have now used DN5 and GN5 on both strips of my 3 servos Oh well. I can at least offer that it doesn't immediately destroy the strips or anything, but I guess I should have used F5.

Guitar Center apparently sells F5 / Faderlube. Amazon does as well.

I did see that Amazon sells also these products in small squeeze tubes of liquid, vs sprays. They're cheaper, and the liquid descriptions say "100%", vs "5%" for the sprays. I don't know if that's referring to the product-vs-propellant ratio for the sprays or something like that. But the liquids sound like a good deal, if you were planning to use a Q-tip. I bought the Radio Shack small sprays because I could grab them that same day, and my servos were twitching pretty badly, despite the other products I'd tried cleaning them with

Your welcome. Glad I could find and post the information.
None of us want to ruin our expensive servos using the wrong product.
That is why I just cleaned everything with alcohol before.
The drawback is it took out any lubrication that was on the contact strips
especially on the carbon strip.

It's a good sign RedOctobyr it doesn't immediately destroy the strips.
It may be OK then for the carbon strip unless over time it breaks down the carbon.
I found Sweetwater music sells DN5, GN5, and F5. Plus shipping is free.
Amazon sells them also.

Tom
Old 07-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users

All great info here, I cant wait to visit radio shack for the f5.

another resolution to the swashplate ball to servo link slop is a fix we use on our r/c car linkages. take a thin glad bag, cut off a small section, wet the ball, stick on the small section of the glad bag and slip the servo link back over the ball. i hate to use this imagery but it is kind of like a condom over the ball link (sorry).
it takes up the free play and keeps the friction to a minimum. if you comment back please keep it clean.
regets ama is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2011, 10:13 PM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default swash slop

pictures of the bag piece over the swash balls,

also, i have read about lengthening the boom for better tail and alot of suggestions. to keep it simple i bought a new frame, cut out the piece of the frame that captures the boom, added some 2mm rod and extended it about 3/8" without altering the wires, etc,,,,,,,,,photo included.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mcpx 002.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	241639   Click image for larger version

Name:	mcpx 003.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	241640  
regets ama is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #228 (permalink)

Default DeoxIT« FaderLube F5 for mCPX servo board

I have a can of DeoxIT« FaderLube F5 on the way.
I will use it to clean and lube the conductive carbon strip, conductive metal contact strip, and the metal fingers.

I will post results and post again after 25 or more flights.

DeoxIT« FaderLube F5
Metal-to-metal parts (sliding and slow rotating metal parts), carbon-based controls (potentiometers) .

Tom
Old 07-25-2011, 05:45 PM   #229 (permalink)
Registered Users

The F5 sounds promising.
T-Rex 700E 8717's BLS980 AR7200BX, T-Rex 550E AR7200BX, T-Rex 450 pro V2 AR7200BX, T-Rex 450 pro V2 (waiting for an AR7200BX), T-Rex 450 Sport, 130 X, mCP X HP05 BL and bling, mCP X HP05 BL and bling, mCP X stock
Dragonflychainsaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #230 (permalink)
Registered Users

great information thanks! what is the plug that you are using for the battery? how did you change the plug on the battery itself or do you use an adapter?

thanks
BIGBEN1165 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #231 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBEN1165 View Post
great information thanks! what is the plug that you are using for the battery? how did you change the plug on the battery itself or do you use an adapter?

thanks
I am using micro Deans as I also use Hyperion batteries and had to add my own connector to those.

To use the E-Flite batteries I trimmed the pins on a micro Deans connector and they slide right in. Just get the polarity right
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2011, 01:32 PM   #232 (permalink)
Registered Users

cool, thanks for the info. i am still using packs with the eflight battery connector. i could make a jumper connector and swich to deans micro, it would make charging a whole lot easier!
BIGBEN1165 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2011, 09:38 AM   #233 (permalink)

Default DeoxIT« FaderLube F5 - Update

I just got my DeoxIT FaderLube F5.
I took apart all my servos again that I just cleaned with alcohol last week.
I couldn't believe they are oxidizing already! There was black on them again.
And I didn't even fly the helicopter, just powered it up in my hand
to make sure they servos were working correctly.
I see why people cleaning with alcohol have to do it again soon (20 flights or less).
The alcohol removes the lubricant/protective coating on them.

I put some F5 on a Q-tip and cleaned the conductive strips and fingers
until the Q-tips came out clean.
The conductive strips and fingers now have a thin coating of lubricant on them
and the conductive strips and fingers are super clean like new again.
I tried the servos out and they are super smooth!

See my posts on detailed information on DeoxIT on the previous two pages of this thread (page 22 & 23).

Tom
Old 07-27-2011, 03:45 PM   #234 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX2Pilot View Post
I just got my DeoxIT FaderLube F5.

I bought the Deoxit "kit" of the tiny tubes of Deoxit Red and Deoxit Gold several years ago to attempt to fix a contact problem between my Nikon speedlights and camera bodies. The stuff worked as advertised and I was impressed.

So, when my MCPX servos got the jitters, I took them apart and cleaned them (including the carbon strip, but I was gentle on it) with the Deoxit Red and then treated them with Deoxit Gold. I also bought an aerosol can of D5 for future use without the need for disassembly.

Well, it's been a while and I haven't had to use the spray yet... the first treatment seems to be holding up well. Good stuff! And apparently, the Deoxit Red and Gold have not harmed the carbon strip in my servos.

Good flying,
desmobob
Old 07-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #235 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm glad this thread is continuing -- I am one of those who bought the 'two pak' including Deoxit Gold and just went for it, first applying the regular, then the Gold. My servos are still working great, but I will NOT use the Gold again by just spraying it in there, since the info provided indicates it may be too aggressive on the carbon strips.

Seems a lot of us have managed to nurse these servos along for several rebuild/clean cycles, since no spares seem to be readily available.
tracknoob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2011, 01:24 AM   #236 (permalink)
Registered Users

My MCPX started getting the dreaded shakes a few days ago (after about 20-30 flights).
So, did the grommets mod on two front swash balls - at first it seemed to have helped, but then shakes came back. Cleaned all the servos - again, worked at first, but shakes come back after a couple of minutes flying.

So, now it may start rock stable and hold for a minute or two and then shakes settle in.

Main gear is seated properly. Haven't noticed any cracks in the main shaft.

Any ideas where to look / what to check next?

Much appreciated!
UberKarlson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2011, 05:22 AM   #237 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Did you add the half-grommet to the rear ball yet? I'd do all 3 before writing off the grommet mod.
RedOctobyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2011, 08:46 AM   #238 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctobyr View Post
Did you add the half-grommet to the rear ball yet? I'd do all 3 before writing off the grommet mod.
Yeah, will do that next - see if it helps...
Thanks!
UberKarlson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2011, 09:21 AM   #239 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fitted the MSR grommets on the 2 front balls and a half grommet on the rear ball.
Killed the shakes completely but could be my imagination but its made the heli a touch slow on response.
I've since cut the front grommets in half but not tested yet.

Strange as my first MCPX didnt shake or shudder,a pals first one didnt either but both our second ones did..
Brodjack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #240 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Shake of servo?

Hi guys,

One of my servos has developed a jitter/shake as well, I tried to clean the silver stripe with alcohol but it didn't help. Before I get the conductive material other people shared in the thread, I want to make sure the symptom is similar to what other people are seeing, and not something else.

Thanks!

It starts at 0:04:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E9yq4fALJs[/ame]

Last edited by Bri; 08-04-2011 at 11:39 PM.. Reason: Duplicate YT vid posted. ;-)
upa123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in