Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 07:22 AM   #261 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No, he means that there should never be any trim at all anywhere except maybe pitch subtrim. Any other trim at all, and you'll be fighting the heli as it will interpret it as stick input. Set the all the trims to center. Don't touch 'em. The only way to 'trim' this heli is to completely and totally level the swashplate.

I learned that the hard way after a week lol.
DudeInMyrtleBeach is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2011, 10:28 PM   #262 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.amazon.com/Squeeze-Tube-K...205729&sr=1-11

Found a pack of all the Deoxit (D,G,S,F) on Amazon. Will these work just as well as the spray versions? Also would the Shield be useful for anything?
Spunjah413 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2011, 07:01 AM   #263 (permalink)
Registered Users

spun
that should be ok. i have the 2 can spray but all you really need to do is to put some on a q-tip to clean so those should work.
rob
rob214 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #264 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks rob, I assumed as much. Id rather buy these small amounts than a larger can. And conveniently it all comes in a pack.
Spunjah413 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2011, 08:41 PM   #265 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow, great find! I looked through Amazon's DeoxIT offerings fairly extensively, trying to find a good deal on them. I don't remember ever noticing this package. That's great! For $2 or so more than the Radio Shack 2-pack of sprays, you get all 4. I just wish I'd known about this earlier
RedOctobyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #266 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know that this may seem to be a bit out of left field and possibly off topic. I have had a bad case of the shakes, starting about a month ago.n I did the normal heli checks, feathering shaft, main shaft, grips ect, everything OK. Then checked some MCPx specific stuff like main gear lining up with flat spot on main shaft ect, still nothing. I had it apart fixing snapped lower canopy supports and tried blowing out the servos, thinking that maybe there was dirt in there that would be removed. I didnt have contact cleaner handy so was not going to do the full monty cleaning job. Well no luck. Then for some strange reason I decided to try the mod for squash balls. I remember that someone told me using feathering shaft 0 rings or servo retainers tightened up the squash. Anyway all I found that was suitable was spare canopy gromets. I fitted one to each squash ball. Fired up heli and OH MY GOD!!!!!!
The thing was tight as a drum, handling difference was like when you drive a car with bald tires then put really good new tires on. I also have not had any shaking yet. I only put 3 packs through, and was so into flying that I did not look extensively for the shakes. Before the thing would shake excessively when reducing throttle, hovering and then seemed to start being there almost all the tie but more so and stronger for the above situations. If the mod did not remove it completely, then it reduced it 90%. Anyway sorry for being off topic but thought it mite help someone
helimaniac88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #267 (permalink)
Registered Users

squash balls?
Brodjack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2011, 06:10 AM   #268 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodjack View Post
squash balls?

You know, that feeling you get when your mcpx disappears into the neighbour's shrubbery.
Lunar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #269 (permalink)
Registered Users

or when a fat chick sits on your knee
Old 08-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #270 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh come on.....give the newbie a break.
He knows it's really SWASH by now.

"If you're not flyin, you're not tryin' "
Heli Jim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2011, 05:24 PM   #271 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
You know, that feeling you get when your mcpx disappears into the neighbour's shrubbery.
Just make sure you squash balls aren't loose. Otherwise, you'll have to use "jock-tite".
tjhelipilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #272 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 08-24-2011, 03:58 AM   #273 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys,

Just to share my experience, I had so high frequency vibrations (blurry fin and landing gear) on my BL bird.
Was the mesh was sufficient for the rotor to start, I noticed the main gear had some crud on some parts. Cleaned it with a tooth brush and the vibes are gone. Motor (Walkera inrunner) runs ways cooler now.
This shows how a tight mmesh can induce bad vibes and is worth checking. So for brushless an adjustable mesh is probably a must. For stock it may be worth checking and cleaning your main gear if it gets dirty over time
HeliBenj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2011, 11:36 PM   #274 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine started shaking and it was the blade grip screws too loose. I tightened them, and then backed them off till the blades would just start to move freely. Not sure if that is exactly correct but it works. Also I used an interesting tool to check if my feathering spindle is true. The dark bars that divide member's postings on this HeliFreak board! Just took the shaft between my thumb and forefinger and slowly moved it toward the contrast between light and dark on my iPad and watched the sliver of light. Then gave it a turn and repeated just to make sure it was true all the way around. There...the Helifreak board as a heli maintenance tool.
Give it a Whirl! is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #275 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lol I never thought about using HF and an iPad. thanks for the tip!

Narrowing my jitters and shakes down to worn servos (100+ 3D flights, mostly indoors in our autoshop, and probably 50 crashes lol).. cleaned them last week with much better feel and less shakes. Replaced aileron servo with a used one, jitters gone on that servo. Now the elevator servo jitters. Even sitting idle and I position the servo just right it shakes bad.

Now my brushless conversion is all done and the little guy is a crack whore!
So bad of shakes I had to turn the throttle down to 65% to control the thing!
My buddy is handing over his other extra 2 servos that I will clean and replace, lets hope!
eightythree is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #276 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

eightythree, what did you use to clean them? Alcohol? DeoxIT? Alcohol helped mine once or twice, then no longer did anything. DeoxIT, on the other hand, worked beautifully.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #277 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just alcohol.. Whats the other cleaner ur speaking of?
For pc cleaning? Sorry ill admit i havnt read much on these parts of the forum.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #278 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Take a look at the posts starting at #201 in this thread. DeoxIT is sold in a 2-pack of small sprays at Radio Shack, for about $15. Or, someone found that Amazon sells a 4-pack of the liquid tubes, for even less, which would be a better solution.

I'm using the RS 2-pack of DeoxIT and DeoxIT Gold. The DeoxIT cleans & lubricates, the Gold helps protect it. There is a DeoxIT product that's really intended for the black (carbon) strip. I don't have that one, it's FaderLube, it comes in that 4-pack, or is sold by itself. For what it's worth, I've had excellent results with just the 2-pack I'm using.

Alcohol helped at first, then I ended up cleaning each one about 3 times, until it no longer did anything at all. Then tried DeoxIT, and my servo jitters just went away and stayed away. That's not to say it'll last forever, but my last alcohol cleaning got me about 2-3 flights. DeoxIT lasted 50, was still good when that heli was replaced.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:27 PM   #279 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same here alcohol didnt last very long.. Actually the servo i replaced still jittered after cleaning. Thanks for reposting info!

Has anybody tried a thin layer of di electric grease? I should have some in the shop.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #280 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightythree View Post
Same here alcohol didnt last very long.. Actually the servo i replaced still jittered after cleaning. Thanks for reposting info!

Has anybody tried a thin layer of di electric grease? I should have some in the shop.
I'll be honest, I've only cleaned my servos once with Alcohol and that was maybe 1.5 months ago. It seems to be getting close to time to clean again but I haven't had nearly the servo shakes that others seem to describe here. Not sure why.
mCPX w/MH Swash, rotor hub, grips, tail motor mount, CF tail fin, RKH main frame/boom supports, AeoRC C05M BL motor, XP7A, thesteve convertor, ext CF rod boom, soldered larger guage tail wires, SR120 tail w/cut down SR120 blade
brianp6621 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in