Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X


mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #401 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2012
Default

Hello ChrisH: My heli started an intermittent shake after 85flights. It check the main gear, tail rotor and basic stuff. I finally broke down and did your procedure. It went well except I cannot figure out how to remove the rear servo without possibly bending the servo rod. I tried removing it but that is proving difficult without bending it. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Rene
renefigueroa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #402 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2012
Default

And I should add that the two servoes I cleaned did not appear very dirty at all after 90 flights.
renefigueroa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #403 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2012
Default

One more post and I will stop promise. I changed the rotor blade, no change. I swapped the bullet blades that are new, only 5-10- flights on them, and installed the blade orange ones I had a set laying around. It flies perfect now. I flew two packs to make sure, and it flies like new. Any ideas??? I would still like to hear your technique to remove the tail servo. Again than you
Rene
renefigueroa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #404 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by renefigueroa View Post
One more post and I will stop promise. I changed the rotor blade, no change. I swapped the bullet blades that are new, only 5-10- flights on them, and installed the blade orange ones I had a set laying around. It flies perfect now. I flew two packs to make sure, and it flies like new. Any ideas??? I would still like to hear your technique to remove the tail servo. Again than you
Rene
Tail servo - It's been a while since I've done it but I believe I just snapped the control rod off of the swash ball, unscrewed the servo, and then was able to get it out. It certainly isn't as easy as the other two servos but I never bent the control rod.

Blades - did you perhaps lose one of the small weights in the bullet blades?. Also, you probably checked it, but a bent feathering shaft can cause problems that come and go also. The easiest way to check that is to remove one main blade, have the other one sticking straight out, and then use a screwdriver to turn the feathering shaft. If it's bent then the tip of the blade still installed will move up and down.
__________________
Always learning, and enjoying the process!
mejmea is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #405 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2012
Default

Sir you are a genius!!! I just looked at the bullet blades and indeed one has lost a small piece in the tip of the bullet. I never noticed it!!!! It is hard to see unless you really look at it. Heck it is new, just a couple of drops in grass. What a difference that makes. I have another set I will put on, thank you. I do hate to unscrew the servo rod, thinking I may have to level the swash again, but I guess I could measure it beforehand and that would take care of that. But as I said the other two servoes didn't look anything like the ones on the postings here on Helifreak. barely a little black smudge, the Q tip and alcohol removed very little of nothing. I also just purchased the expensive DeoxIT at Radio Shack. 18 bucks and change.
Cheers
renefigueroa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #406 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by renefigueroa View Post
Sir you are a genius!!! I just looked at the bullet blades and indeed one has lost a small piece in the tip of the bullet. I never noticed it!!!! It is hard to see unless you really look at it. Heck it is new, just a couple of drops in grass. What a difference that makes. I have another set I will put on, thank you. I do hate to unscrew the servo rod, thinking I may have to level the swash again, but I guess I could measure it beforehand and that would take care of that. But as I said the other two servoes didn't look anything like the ones on the postings here on Helifreak. barely a little black smudge, the Q tip and alcohol removed very little of nothing. I also just purchased the expensive DeoxIT at Radio Shack. 18 bucks and change.
Cheers
You are too kind, "even a blind squirrel finds nuts every now and then". At 3000+ rpm a little bit of imbalance goes a long way.

You should not have to un screw the servo rod. What I meant was to unsnap the ball link from the swash and then unscrew the entire servo board from the frame. You can then remove the entire assembly, unhook the rod from the servo, and dissassemble the servo for cleaning. When you are done, reassemble the servo, rehook the rod onto the servo, slip the entire assembly back into place, and then snap the ball link back onto the swash.
__________________
Always learning, and enjoying the process!

Last edited by mejmea; 09-07-2012 at 04:50 PM..
mejmea is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #407 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2012
Default

Thanl you sir, i will try that
renefigueroa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #408 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2012
Default

I did as you suggested and it worked great, servo now clean. It is actually the only one that had an appreciable amount of black soot on it. Good to go, thanks again for your suggestion
renefigueroa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #409 (permalink)
HF Support
 
Posts: 11,383
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Default

Odd that your elevator had more carbon buildup on it ... from experience, typically it is the two aileron servos that have more on them.
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #410 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2012
Default

The other two had barely any buildup after 85 flights, and the elevator servo had a bit more, but not a lot, and certainly nothing like some of the pictures posted. Well at least I learned to take them apart and clean them so it was a good exercise. I had checked the servo operation on all three before cleaning, and there were no glitches, binding or any abnormal behavior that I could tell. I had read of some folks having erratic servo operation, but not here,YET!!!! I am up to 110 flights and it keeps on ticking like the energizer bunny. Of course just basic flying, no hot dogging or 3D. I am nowhere near that skill level.
renefigueroa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 02:39 AM   #411 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

Of all the fixes for the "shakes" this one made this biggest difference. just some before and after of my 10 month old mCPx. Most amazing, thanks for the tip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0256.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	348816   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0257.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	348817  
Chappyy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 02:44 AM   #412 (permalink)
HF Support
 
Posts: 11,383
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappyy View Post
Of all the fixes for the "shakes" this one made this biggest difference. just some before and after of my 10 month old mCPx. Most amazing, thanks for the tip
Nice! Super dirty for sure!
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 05:19 AM   #413 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 598
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

i took mine apart..its a hiskyfbl100 but it had two black strips is this not right or is one of the strips completely coated?
dirtbike_421 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #414 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 474
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Default

I’ve notice after flying the mCPx for about 20-30 hours, the linear servo will wear or pick up dust that sometime make the heli shudder in flight. I used to pull the servos apart and clean or just replace the jumping servo with a new one, but happened to try some M.G Chemical Zero Residue Contact Cleaner and was amazed… This 30 second repair save the time of pulling a servo to clean it - spray, dry, fly... Details at: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...57#post4329057
__________________
Compass Atom 500E (Flybarless) w BeastX / Savox Cyclic: 1250 / Tail: 1290
TRex 450ProFBL BeastX, Blade 130x, mCPx-BL 10 x mCPx, mQX, S107
Gyros: MiniG, Servos: HiTec HS065MG, Tails: Futaba S9257 & JR3500G
Castle, Hyperion, AR6210 / JR 11x
Tailbender is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #415 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Default One more for the Road

OK, So I crashed, had the shakes so bad it looked like the Bird was danc'in.....Well, I know the usual culprits, Worn links= Replace/Grommet MOD
Bent Spindle=Replace
Cracked Shaft= ( I said shaft) Replace
Main Gear loose=Seat correctly, Blah Blah Blah Blah.
So whats a guy to do. If he/she is smart they log in to HF right? Well I went through the whole bird and every possible fix on this forum.......went as far as thinking I should rebuild from top to bottom with new parts, just so I could find the exact issue, which I didn't, thank goodness. Nothing, long story short, by luck I just happened to notice that the bullet on the Main Rotor blades had a tiiiiiiiniest chip, the freakin weight was missing, threw a new blade on aaaaaaand BLAMO no more Jimmy leg. Now before anyone starts Hootin and Hallarin and saying I should have looked and made sure the blades where good, I did, this chip was made by God, it was in the most perfect spot and just the right size to allow that weight to fall out and created for me to think it was a flaw in the mold, like a little burr, I mean it was pure luck. Bad luck it hit in the right spot and good luck I noticed it. So kids take a look at them weights and make sure they are still home. Also, I threw the blade out, even though I should have waited for it to happen again and made a lighter weight set, I never wanted to see that specific blade again.

edit: P.S. After knowing my issue and posting this semi Rant I did a quick search and yea it happens, tons of posts about it, but if ya don't know...??????? G.I. Joe had it nailed. "Knowing is half the Battle"
__________________
DX6i, Blade CX3; Blade 120 SR, Blade mCPX
RTR104 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #416 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 788
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Default

So easy a caveman can do it. (with reading glasses and a strong light). Great tip Chris. I was having the same issue. Cleaned up well and went back together well. Problem seems to be fixed.
__________________
130x, 300x, Align 250 Pro, Align 450L Ikon, Gaui x5 vBar, UMX Sbach, DX8
Atchuuu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #417 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Not so sure it's related to the shakes, but I have had slop issues with the inner swash on the mCPx. Specifically, on some there is a lot of vertical play between the inner and outer swash I pull up and down. Some of this is simply slop in the swash bearing and there is nothing to be done about it. On some swashes I've seen, however, there is also slop in the molded plastic part that snaps through the inner bearing race (the inner swash arms/balls are on top and there is a lip on the bottom that, after being pushed through the bearing, is supposed to be up against the bottom of the inner race. I've seen some that are relatively tight/slop free and others that seem to have maybe 0.5mm or so vertical play.

On the ones that have this slop I have found that I can take some dental floss and tie it tightly just above the top of the inner race. When you pull it tight, it sucks into the gap and gets rid of the slop which makes the swash much more "connected".

Hopefully the images below will make it clear what I mean. The 1st image is a sketch to illustrate the technique. The 2nd is a photo of the floss in place and shows the knot (looks bad but doesn't cause any problems. The 3rd is a photo that shows the opposite side where the floss is nicely sucked into the gap. I have used just one wrap with a tightly tied double knot and then trim the loose ends to about 1/16-1/8".

I find that mint floss works the best, hence the green color........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mCPx loose swash floss fix1.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	416262   Click image for larger version

Name:	mCPx loose swash floss fix 2 copy.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	416263   Click image for larger version

Name:	mCPx loose swash floss fix 3 copy.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	416264  
__________________
Always learning, and enjoying the process!

Last edited by mejmea; 04-29-2013 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: Typo
mejmea is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2013, 10:42 PM   #418 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 7,242
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejmea View Post
Not so sure it's related to the shakes, but I have had slop issues with the inner swash on the mCPx. Specifically, on some there is a lot of vertical play between the inner and outer swash I pull up and down. Some of this is simply slop in the swash bearing and there is nothing to be done about it. On some swashes I've seen, however, there is also slop in the molded plastic part that snaps through the inner bearing race (the inner swash arms/balls are on top and there is a lip on the bottom that, after being pushed through the bearing, is supposed to be up against the bottom of the inner race. I've seen some that are relatively tight/slop free and others that seem to have maybe 0.5mm or so vertical play.

On the ones that have this slop I have found that I can take some dental floss and tie it tightly just above the top of the inner race. When you pull it tight, it sucks into the gap and gets rid of the slop which makes the swash much more "connected".

Hopefully the images below will make it clear what I mean. The 1st image is a sketch to illustrate the technique. The 2nd is a photo of the floss in place and shows the knot (looks bad but doesn't cause any problems. The 3rd is a photo that shows the opposite side where the floss is nicely sucked into the gap. I have used just one wrap with a tightly tied double knot and then trip the loose ends to about 1/16-1/8".

I find that mint floss works the best, hence the green color........
Have you tried pushing up on the whte bottom gear to get rid of the slop?
__________________
Syma S107-Syma S109-Syma X8C-Syma X8G-Syma X5HC-Syma X5HW-Mini Orion-ProtoX-Syma X5C-1

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 06:20 AM   #419 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
Have you tried pushing up on the whte bottom gear to get rid of the slop?
I'm not sure I'm following your logic. I do take care to keep the main gear pushed up all the way. My experience is that if it slides down you start to lose positive pitch since the main shaft/head can then "float" up and down relative to the swash. The gear sliding down has no effect on the slop in the swash however since the main shaft isn't attached to the swash but rather just slides inside of it.
__________________
Always learning, and enjoying the process!
mejmea is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #420 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Diego, Calif
Default

Hi I was trying to do the clean part, it worked but as I was trying to put it back together I got sloppy and lost three of four of the little screws that hold the servo to the circuit board.

Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement screws? Also wats the best technique for putting it back together, did you use something to hold it while you were screwing it back together?

Thanks

Jason
jasond1979 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply




Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Location
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright © Website Acquisitions Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1