Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CC 25 A govenor setup trex 250

Hi,

If anyone has any knowledge of how to setup gov mode on CC25A for Trex 250
I would appreciate it. I'm not sure how fast the head should spin for norm, idle 1
idle 2 and what to set throttle curve at etc. Thanks
farnell74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2011, 07:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is no special deal to do it.

The rpm you set depends a bit on what motor you have. I have the stock Align motor.

I set rpms of 3700 for the low value (<50%) and 3900 rpm (>50%, less than 100%) --I have only two rpms set actually. I tried for something over 4000 rpm, but got the warning that I didn't have the necessary overhead. As it is, my 3900 rpm is about 91% of the output (some value calculated with the battery voltage near the end of the flight.

I was running a bit lower, but decided to up the rpm a bit. Hovers just fine at the 3700 rpm point.

Otherwise just put in your motor kV and gearing ratio, your pack voltage, and the software will do the rest.

Only issue is how you handle the zero throttle level. You need zero because the ESC needs zero to arm.

What did was set the normal TC to 0-0-0-0-0, and there's where I arm. Idle 1 is 35-35-35-35-35, and idle 2 is 75-75-75-75-75.

I turn on with normal, and go fly on idle1. So in effect, I use two rpm values.

You could just use Normal to arm, with a TC like 0-35-35-35-35, but be careful that you don't accidentally hit zero while flying, because if you do, and then try to recover, the ESC will only slowly spool up, probably too slow to avoid smacking the ground.

But it is your choice.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks, will try it.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Actually how do you know to set 35-35-35-35-35 or 75-75-75-75-75?
Do you actually measure the speed with a tach?
I'm a beginner so to speak, I am flying normal mode only right now.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hi,

Moved Thread
To:.........Align T-Rex Helicopter 250 Series Electric Helicopters

Left 1 week redirect from the Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Regards,
Mike
TowPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnell74 View Post
Actually how do you know to set 35-35-35-35-35 or 75-75-75-75-75?
Do you actually measure the speed with a tach?
I'm a beginner so to speak, I am flying normal mode only right now.
35% is "safely" between 0 and 50%, and 75% is likewise safely between 50% and 100%. You could choose any other value in the range, I just like to plop the value smack in the middle of the range so there is no issue with throttle calibration. works for me.

I have measured the actual headspeed a few months back using my Eagletree data recorder, and the value was pretty close to what I was putting in. Notice that the rpm you type into the box on the application window will be slightly different than what the ESC will use, primarily because the ESC doesn't have 1 rpm resolution (not even 10 rpm I think), so if you read back the set rpm value the next time, you will see it is a little bit different than what you asked for. This isn't really significant.

You can use a tach, but I would suggest doing it without the blades on. If you hold the tach near the grips, I think it will measure the rpm ok. Just do it outside, because an optical tach will pick up the 60 cycle AC flickering of both fluorescent and incandescent lights (reads 3600 rpm for 60Hz, and 3000 rpm if you have 50Hz AC power).

If you look at the ESC, it has a led which tells you when the rpm target is hit. I think it is on the BEC side of the ESC. If the target isn't hit, I think the led will be flashing. If hit, I think it is solid on (this is from memory).

Hope this helps a bit.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the CC25 in governer high, so I can tweak head speed on the radio without messing about with castlelink, I find it works really well this way.

I have auto enabled, normal TC 0-58-58-58-58 idle 1 68% flat, idle2 70% Throttle hold at 7% - this runs really nicely - I wouldn't ever auto the 250, but have the same setup across all my heli's, so its what I'm used to. I plug in lipo with hold on, so ESC won't arm until I flick out of hold in normal with bottom stick, then spool up and fly, I flick into idle1 in the hover, and back out before landing.

I tach headspeed and found 4200 is fine even though castlelink gives a warning if trying this in setrpm, you can get over this by setting lipo to custom 3.9v which gives a bit more headroom, I find with a fresh pack idle1/2 I can hear the rpm difference, whereas after 4m30 and especially on weaker packs, idle1/2 is no different.
jamesb72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011, 12:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I use a CC 25 with a SCorpion 3900 with a 15T pinion

I run fixed RPM mode and have the auto function enabled and setup properly, I wouldn't try to auto this heli but it is setup this way since all my CC equipped heli's are setup like this.

Normal 4000rpm
St-1 4200 rpm
St-2 4400

I could get over 5400 rpm but do not feel I need to push it that hard

120t main
15t pinion
3900Kv motor
12v

5800 head speed (this will fall as the battery depletes, thus the lower running head speed)

using 11.1v gets me about 5300 so plenty of head room

5:30 flight time typically

my Pitch curves use similar except I do have a 0 level in normal mode (0-35-35-35-35-35) for initialization of the ESC, I usually fly in St-1.

You can use either governor mode, it is your preference, both use a flat TC to function, one allows for setting the head speed via the TX and the other via the USB interface. the only real diff is one allows you to set the actual RPM while the other requires a tach to do so.
Trex 550E FS Vbar Pro 5.2- EXI-450T Mini Vbar Pro 5.2 - EXI 450T BeastX - Trex 250SE - mCPx v1 Hp05 & HP06 w/HP03t tails - AMA #952544
Starcruiser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in