Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2013, 05:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bad day - me or mCP X??

Yesterday was a bad day. Seems every so often the mCP X would just dart off in some direction for no apparent reason. During the mid day flights I can understand the wind doing that. But at sunrise and sunset it was dead calm. Seemed out of character for the ship. Also, it seems the right stick has rotated about 20 degrees clockwise on the transmitter. If you push forward the heli moves forward and to the left. What this means is that when the heli takes off to the right and you use left stick it winds up going backward. When you get the backward flight stopped, it is going to the left, and when you stop the leftward flight it is going forward (fast) and when you get the forward flight stopped it is going right again................... Sort of like flying a control line model....... We did this several times.

I'm not sure if I was having a bad day or the heli is wearing out and needs something replaced. It has flown several times a day for almost a month now. And it has crashed a lot with the only replacements being the tail boom/tail rotor/tail fin. And a couple of canopy repairs. I did the servo cleaning a couple of weeks ago due to continuous shakes. The anti rotation slider is in it slot (I put it back the time I found it popped out).

Earlier in the week I was holding a stable hover over or near the take-off pad in calm conditions and keeping it close by in most any wind. Not sure if my flying has deteriorated or there is something wearing out?

Anyone else seen this or have suggestions?

Thanks,
Roger
Roger Fowler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2013, 07:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Go into you tx monitoring screen and make sure everything is going the right direction, sounds like it needs recalibration. What tx are you using?
terryv83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm using a DX6i with the Blade manual settings.

My first flight this morning went pretty well. It got kind of far out and hit a tree once, but overall went much better than yesterday. An hour or so later the wind had not come up, so I went out and flew again. And quit after a couple of minutes because I was totally out of control. Like when I first got it. A couple times right after liftoff while it was relatively stable I intentionally moved the controls at an angle instead of straight forward/back and right/left and it went pretty much where I wanted. But once things started getting busy I could not keep up and reverted to straight forward/back and right/left and could not control it. I did check the head and swashplate for looseness and everything seemed normal. Maybe I should take the rotorshaft out. I will recheck the transmitter as suggested. Thanks.

Roger
Old 10-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My nano cpx behaves a lot like that if the feathering spindle is too tight,if you haven't serviced that part recently maybe check the blade grip bearings/shims etc.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seems unusual that it acts up one day and not the next (at least initially).
Is this your first C/P heli? I see you mention flying it for a month but I'm wondering (and I'm saying this with all due respect) if you're are getting behind heli with your control inputs and accidentally making the wild gyrations worse. The MCPX is 'zippy' little thing and can get out of hand quickly.

IMO the settings in the manual are best for an experienced pilot. I'm not in that category so have used the settings in the sticky at the top of this forum, changing the expo and pitch settings as I get used to this heli. Ive been able to keep things under control in a 12ft X 20ft space except in cases of supreme over-confidence.
Newdon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just found a bent feathering shaft.

Now if have something to fix.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The new feathering shaft seems to have made it significantly better.

Roger
Old 10-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is flying much better, but is still doing some of the circular thing so took the head off this evening. Sure enough, the shaft was split.

Roger
Old 10-28-2013, 11:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for posting your results!
cqaigy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in