Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Section

New Member Section If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #81 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Tom View Post
I may be slow but I have looked and cannot find "HF Locator". Can you point me in the right location.
Main page, bottom of the left side bar. You won't be able to add your pin until you graduate from moderated status, but you will be able to see people in your area. Keep posting useful stuff and you'll get to unmoderated status soon.

Here's a direct link:

https://www.helifreak.com/vbgooglemapme.php
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wink lee from keizer, some call me eric lol

I am a newbie here, i speak heli some, just joined 2-7-12, Lee is the name (eric too), A lot of info. in here, been reading and will be for a long time apparently. I am looking for others in the area of salem/keizer oregon to fly heli's. text me at 971 388 6702 if you want to talk heli.
helicopterone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2012, 05:51 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Oldman mSR

New to the hobby oh about a year or more and now addicted, thanks to all who have posted to many of the noobies questions, a lot of mine have been asked and answered so far. Thanks to all of you who are wso willing to share your knowledge. They say information is power...well the power to fly these heli's certainly applies.

From Dyer, TN small town in West TN without any LHS but since I travel in my work I have the opportunity to visit some so that is a good thing.

Started off with a joke on me 2 Christmas's ago, wife and I Christmas shopping and out of the blue bought my son a micro heli and told her we could have fun with this, well she later bought me a micro too. Let the fun begin. I got into it terribly. Just so happens the anniversary comes up right after Christmas. Your right went to the closest hobby shop and after doing alot of reading bought the mSR oh boy....found a hobby shop going out of business bought a Blade 400 3d. Built a test stand for that with only learning to hoover, right...Put it back in the box, aint ready for that bird yet. Put it all up for about 6 months, then you know what happened next.

Found another hobby shop near by in KY and sure enough this LHS owner spent a little time with me, what fors, what ifs, why nots ...heli load of information, and the best advice he gave me I took...Phoenix on an old laptop, actually let me bring the laptop to the store he loaded his disc set the program up to make sure it would run, it did, I bought the sim, love it.

Back to the mSR, bought carrying case for mSR/Dx6i/charger/spare parts/etc. Now I carry it with me when I travel. Actually enjoy discecting this little bird when I read the post on here to see if I have the same issues and all that stuff that goes with flying them.
Having a ball, the wife enjoys it too, keeps me outa her hair, well that is until I start flying it around the house, I keep telling her to trust me, I can land it on top of her laptop...trust me...

Thanks to everyone for all your input, so enjoy this site.

Kenny
rtisticstnman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Flier Chandler, AZ

I'm a new flier currently flying a Blade MCP-X and a Blade 450. Would like to upgrade to a Gaui 425 this year. Doing a lot of hovering, some basic FF, and a few flips and loops.

Usually fly at Chandler Bowl. Not currently a member of any local clubs, although I used to fly planes with Gilbert Quiet Flyers a few years ago.
Don_N is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool Introduction

Hi All
I am from Stuart Florida and have just purchased my first mcpx.
Heck its my first heli ever. Look forward to flying it this weekend for the second time.
Hope its not as windy as last weekend : )
Fenway Freak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

hey all im from toronto canada and i just got an sr huey as my first heli, ive been int rc trucks for a few years though
rc_on_a_stick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New member from gainesville, fl.

New to helifreak
ManilaIce is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default rons from Maryland

new to helis,
mCX. xeida 9958 and a walkera cb180z and I can't seem to get them
to fly through the walls of my house
rons410 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rons410 View Post
new to helis,
mCX. xeida 9958 and a walkera cb180z and I can't seem to get them
to fly through the walls of my house
That is a common issue that has not been resolved as of yet. Plaease update us with any success.
Welcome,
Dan
dankcincy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 12:44 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 120sr Beginner setupusing a DX6i

Hi Guys as you may have all ready guessed im new to this forum so I hope im doing this post correct my name is Paul Foster I live in Elgin Thatís In Morayshire Scotland . I have a question for anyone who is able to help me as I said im new to the forum & a novice to the world of RC Helis I have bought the Phoenix v3.0 SIm & a DX6i to go with it I also bought a Blade 120sr thatís my question can anybody tell me how to setup the beast with the DX6i tx for the novice I have been practicing with the sim but the weather in Elgin is good at the moment so I fancy a fly of the real bird thanks for your support Paul.
paul foster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 12:58 AM   #91 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul foster View Post
Hi Guys as you may have all ready guessed im new to this forum so I hope im doing this post correct my name is Paul Foster I live in Elgin Thatís In Morayshire Scotland . I have a question for anyone who is able to help me as I said im new to the forum & a novice to the world of RC Helis I have bought the Phoenix v3.0 SIm & a DX6i to go with it I also bought a Blade 120sr thatís my question can anybody tell me how to setup the beast with the DX6i tx for the novice I have been practicing with the sim but the weather in Elgin is good at the moment so I fancy a fly of the real bird thanks for your support Paul.
Welcome to HeliFreak!

Your best bet would be to go to the Phoenix simulator forum. There's lots of useful information there. As a part of that forum, there is a sticky topic for setting up a computer radio with Phoenix. Here are links to the forum and to that sticky:

https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=184851
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fenton MI

New guy in MI--Blade 120 wanting a trex 450
Tugboat55 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Frustrated!

Hello all, My name's, John, & I'm from Ricnmond, Va. I'm new to the heli world; jus recently purchased a Titan 450 pro 2, knowing the TX is trash. So I bought a Futaba T7C heli TX and a a R617FS RX..... I installed the RX & none of the servos will respond!!! Do I need to purchase Futaba servos, gyro & ESC to get it off the ground or did I badly install the plug-ins to the RX? Someone please help! I need a kick in the right direction. Much Thanx, John
jcordei is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Member from Austin, Texas

Hi, my name is Robert and I am new to the RC Heli hobby. I have jumped in with both feet though. I purchased a micro heli (Blade MSRX) about a 2 months ago and knew right from the start that I was hooked. So...I opened up the wallet and dumped some cash for a Blade 450x. This is my first collective pitch heli and all I can say is WOW!!! I have gotten 3 flights in since arrival and want to thank you guys for steering me the way of a larger 450 bird. I am having no problems hovering and doing some light tail in flight. I have not gotten a sim yet and guess I should before I try to much more. I would love to hear from you guys if you have any suggestions to speed up the learning curve. By the way, The bind n fly Blade 450x has gotten me up and going right away with no build time. Big plus for a true noob like me. I know i am missing some basic skills, but hope this site will keep me going in the right direction.
PS If there is anyone local who would like to school me in the art of heli flight it would be most appreciated.
billfisher4evr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hiyas!!

Hello from Blackshear ga. Im Jason and I fly a Raptor 30, just coverted it to a flybarless heli. im working on learning setting up throttle and pitch curves, im the only one in the area flying helis. I ocassionally fly planks lol.
pooptruckdriver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2012, 06:58 AM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New B from NJ

3 months after wife brought home a mall kiosk toy... I have 3 450s a blade, e-razor & building a trex pro... I'm hooked
J_reggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hello from East Texas

Hello Guys
I just wanted to say Hi, and I'm happy to be apart of HF. I fly a TREX 450 Pro V2 FBL heli. I'm also a rotorcraft pilot in the helis you can put people in. Flying is not my full time job but it will be when I retire. I'm from Brazoria County Texas but I live in Liberty County. Both of these locations are near Houston.

Again Hello to all and
Pull pitch safely.

Troy
Troy1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 02:19 AM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile Hallo HeliFreak Members

Hi all,

my name Arthur (straightbar) from Indonesia, i'm newbie on this hobby an I recently bought Trex 450 Pro V2 flybarless and use transmitter Futaba T8FG Super, this is my first 6 channel hely before that I've also playing 4 channel Walkera CB180D and now i want upgrade my skills to 6 channel hely. I also play simulator Phoenix an Real Flight.....

And it's my honour to join with this forum so I can catch up experience from all member and share my knowledge to encourage my skills on hely.....

Thanks and regards

Arthur
straightbar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wink Hi from Sebastopol,CA

Hi everyone, my name is Steve Green and I have been trying to fly heli's for about
close to a year. I have a Blade 450 3D which I crash every time I fly it. I have a sim,(Real Flight) on a Mac and itís a pain to switch back and forth so I don't practice much. I actually learn better by doing, but this has me baffled. So in frustration I purchased the Blade quad-copter and had much better success. Since then I have purchased a Flame Wheel 450 which I am putting together. However, the instructions are not good at all. Only 8 pages and no instructions for the electronics.
So its some what back to frustration. Other than that I am fine. I am 68 and starting late, I live in Northern California, Sebastopol to be exact, part of the wine country in Sonoma County CA. Close to the ocean,mountains, forests etc. Great place to live, expensive as is all of Calif, but you gotta live somewhere. So I am here.
Thanks for reading.
shadow38 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 03:56 AM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum View Post
Add yourself to the HF Locator. Nothing says you have to put the pin where your dwelling is, but as long as it's in the right vicinity, it'll be of help.
How does one do this?

I looked through the faq's ad tried searching helifreak.

No joy.

HF Locator menu seems to have gone (as shown in FAQ about using it to find people), but it says nothing on how to add your own location to HF Locator.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

Paul :-)
Night_Crawler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.