Please Add Your Location To Your Introduction Title. - Page 6 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #101 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

You'll be able to add it after you complete the moderation period.
Graupner MZ-24 Pro

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question What should I do?

Hello from from Phila, PA . About three weeks into the hobby,loving it.Practing on a little V911, I bought a Walkera 120d02s with a Devo 8 tx. At this I feel that I'm not ready to fly that bird yet.Also practicing on a sim,Should I continue with the V911 or progress to something before attempting to ly the 120d02s? Any suggestions would be great thanks.Mike
Zelon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New to Forum

Hey,

Yes, new to forum, and new to forums.

I bought my Walkera Mini CP, about 2 months ago, and have never flown helicopters other than 3-4 axis. This is huge for me. I realize how very little I know. I can barely hover it, and have torn it apart dozens of times. I'm trying to trim it right now, and the one thing I can't get rid of is the rudder always drifts CC.

Also, I keep breaking servos? I've broken 3. Really?, Should I be breaking these?

My Devo 7 Transmeter is so f**king Alien to me. It's set using some guys video on the net, and I'm about 25% knowledgable on the thing, and on the concepts.

If one of you guys want to BS about this, I'm up to that.

If I should be posting somewhere else please let me know.

Thanks
A Gugel.
Agugel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Stay away from Walkera is lesson #1. Find Align, Blade, Spektrum... those key words.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:34 AM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default small town texas

hello i am from small town in texas , munday, have been fly planes with grandpa for years and the last year with heli have been great, i love it and i never flown out side my town, my backyard is great for flying cotton&wheat year around. had a acount but never learned till know, and i have read threads and had answer and never learned how to work this thing called a computer. hope i can keep this up , got my pic added so i am on my way
digger79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hello from Greece

Hello my name is NICK from Greece (sparta).Nice forum .
SPARTA R1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hi

from phillipines but here in south korea now
laurence is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New to this addiction

Hello from central cal.
been reading from this site the last few days and found it very useful have already used some great tips , not much on talking but sure like to read, guess if I had to discribe me it would be , anyway thanks for the tips.
Mike
mikisi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hi ya from Michigan

Hi all, just a noob to helis at this point, been crashing er "flying since feb/march 2012.

I have used this forum as a troubleshooting tool a little bit, has been helpful.

Current inventory....blade sr, 129 sr and mcpx

Next up the 130x and an trex 450

Last edited by ronskarz; 05-07-2012 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: no location
ronskarz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default nubeeee

HI all u freaks just new to helis alltho been flying a micro twister was xmass press from son along with a CPX twister 3d am in Australia and look forward to getting into helis have done planes cars and boats but been a while so will see how i go but HI anyway Brisbane australia

Last edited by wolfie64666; 05-31-2012 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: location location
wolfie64666 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hallo all

Halo all, I am IZI from Aruba I have a trex 550 FB
izilowrider is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Alive in toronto, canada

Hi there folks,Newby here, I just got a art tech agusta 400 coaxial and already i'm looking to beef it up. anyone out there familar with this bird/.....
it's a newer helicopter from art tech ....I take it .....that are more known for their air planes.
Anyway, I see there are lots of different companys out there, I was wondering if anyone knows of a make of helicopter compatible with this one?
cheers and happy flying.
Slowpoker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking 130X loses tail rotor

Hello All: First post. From Fayetteville, NC. Have MSR, mcpx2, 130X, T Rex 450. Been in Helis about 3 weeks so I guess I am addicted. My 130X came with a bad main board and would hover for about 15 seconds then start 360's about 1 a second. New board replaced and fixed problem. Lasted about 5 flights and now losing tail rotor again. 360 autorotations are interesting as a newbie. lol Any ideas about what else could be causing the tail rotor to fail? Thanx John
jlauby7777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New micro flyer

Hi all, I am a new member, but a long time reader (well, over 6 months now).
Since January i've started this nice hobby with a Blade MCPX. Many people called this too much to start off with, but as I like some challenges, I still went for it and I have to say, not easy, but SO MUCH FUN !!!
In the mean time extended my collection to a MSRX (purely livingroom fun) and since one week an 130X for a bit more outside power.

Good flight to all !!!
Jascop is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hello from Oxnard, Ca

Hello,

Been lurking around for a bit, thought I would say hey. I hail from Oxnard in Sunny California. Been flying RC fixed wing for about 4 years now, just recently started out in the world of 4ch micro helis. I have a large living room with vaulted ceilings, so it works out.

Anyways, see you around.
mattyhawk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile New from new zealand

Hi.
Thought I would drop a line to say hello.

I have been flying rc planes for 25 years and have decided to have a change and fly some helicopters
I am currently flying a Kds innova 450 and love it I am going to invest in a t-rex 500 as the 450 is a tad small but so far I ENJOYING IT.
innova 450 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 05:02 AM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hello from Lake Macquarie, NSW

Hi all,

Been reading various threads for a while - some great info available here!

I bought a cheap coaxial early this year, and it got me interested in the hobby. Now have an msrx and Blade 450 3D. Also bought Phoenix. And a battery charger. And a power supply. And extra batteries. And some tools. And some spares. And...

Learning slowly, including how to repair my crashes!

Much more to learn, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Phil
Philmac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hi from Australia Melbourne

Hi all,

Just another introduction.

Been into RC for about 4 years now.
Mainly off road up until about 3 months ago.
Got my self a MCPX then a DX8 then another mcpx and now a double brushless mcpx.

Heli's require so much more reading then off road did....................
slowly learning but no where as knowledgeable as I would like.
egitr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Happy newbie !! - Wiltshire Uk

Hi Folks
I am an old newbie I live in Wroughton UK, I have just started heli flying. Because when I first thought of trying this it looked very difficult ( 1 yr ago) I would spend time loading up on info and using my Phoenix sim.

I have finally taken to flying my Trex 450 sport, nicely set up for a newbie training u/c and know what it took me 30 minutes and several flights to crash it. Was I upset , no way, those 1st flights were real fun and I was learning to hover a full ccpm heli and after just 1 session I was pretty much doing it, no buddy lead , instructor walked off and left me to it ( he probably felt safer !).

So heli repaired today (7mph wind)I tried again , I used 2 packs , no crashes, never felt I was losing control , on my own, couldnt have done better., long way to go, I will never 3D, too old, reactions too slow.

I took my time with this project and its paid, fear of crashing made me patient . I owe alot to Helifreak and especially Finless Bob helped me understand how these things work and also found www.rchelicopterfun a useful site for newbies., and of course my Phoenix sim which is where I did my first few hundred crashes !

Theres lots to learn yet thats why I like it , crashes to come but a good start !
delboyo2005 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hello from Brooklyn

Hi Guys, I am a retiree and complete newb with Helicopters. its been almost five months now since a friend came by and saw my Schweizer 300 hanging up (its been there over three years, never could get it to fly) so he talks me into buying a Mqx, love it and so since then I've added these to my fleet, mcx,120sr,Mcpx and for each of my heli's I've been online checking Helifreaks for help and advice. So, I just received a tracking number for my newest fleet member.... drum roll.........Hausler 450v2 SE. I've read in numerous locations that Finless Bob is the Jedi Master with his video's on the 450 so here I am RashGordin.
RashGordin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.