Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > RC Helicopter Flight School

RC Helicopter Flight School Instructional Flying Tips, Tricks, Videos, and Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Very Very Newbie

Hi all,

Please bear with me on this but I have never flown a Heli before and need help. I am not new to RC and used to competively race RC cars 25 years ago. I found out really quickly a heli is not the same as a car.

Me thinking that I could fly a heli bought a Dynam E-razor 450. After I ordered it I read on another fourm that I made a big mistake.

I don't even know how to get the heli off the ground.

Can someone help me with this .... I need to find out if this is the heli (which I hope it is) or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks

Ron..
rglinks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry I can't help you with that particular model. As for helis, yeah they are nothing like anything else That's the fun part!

Learning to fly them can be a pain but have a look at what this guy has to say
http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html
Highly recommended.

Also, I strongly suggest you get a simulator. Popular ones are RealFlight and Phoenix, but some are using cheaper or free sims. Find your brand

Good luck and happy flying!
LN400 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 08:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't worry that you made a "mistake", there is not one helicopter that will "teach" you to fly. You will have to work with each model's strengths and limitation. If you can find someone who flies helis, or a local helishop, they may be able to help you. Learning on your own is very difficult; but at the same time it can be done. Get a sim, but more importantly, since you already have the helicopter, get training gear. The training gear will give you the extra little protection so you are not picking up the pieces and trying to put it back together all the time. I would second the RADD school of flying. If you take it a step at a time, you will get good at it. It will be extremely frustrating at the beginning, because you will feel you are not making any progress, but one day everything will "click". It may take a few months, or a year before you are confident, but it will come. How long does it take to learn to fly an RC helicopter? ...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IA5Cv_5-g8[/ame]
Good luck.
JimWorm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2011, 10:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Practice,crash and repeat. Alot. Have fun-after all it is.

Arclight338 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in