Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2014, 07:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mcpx tail issues

i have a Mcpx V2 with a HPO5 brushless and a SR120 tail..not all the time but every now and then i get a tail kick and sometimes i will loose the tail and spiral down to the ground and wen i go pick it up ,,everything works like it's supposed to..i have my wires soldered to the board and my SR120 tail is soldered to the wires so that eliminates the connector being the problem..i just installed a brand new SR120 tail cause i thought that might be the problem but it wasn't,,same issue..i took the wires out of the board and clipped back about a 1/4 inch and resoldered to the board..still have same issue..i thought the tail blade was slipping so i changed it and put a little dab of CA on the tip and slid it on,,same issue..i got well over 300 flights on this set up and never had an issue like this
elmobster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2014, 09:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

i can do backwards figure 8's as fast as i can and the tail holds fine or just fly in a straight line backwards real fast and there isn't any kick at all..i don't get it
Old 09-05-2014, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Which way is the kick? If it is the opposite from normal blowout/torque kick, than it is vibrations confusing the gyro.
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2014, 02:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

im sorry,,i forgot to tell u what way its kicking,,it's about a 45 deg soft kick to the left..it sure doesnt seem like it vibs,,but i guess it doesnt take much,,
Old 09-05-2014, 03:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Vibes. Normal tail kick from a weakened tail motor or torque from the main rotor is tail-right / nose left. The vibes make the gyro confused and it overdrives the tail. You probably especially notice when the head is unloaded around zero pitch, I'd bet.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

you got it..thats exactly it..this thing hovers sooo smooth..uprite and inverted.. and when spooling it up in your hand it is so smooth and the blades are like a straight line looking at them hovering..it's not like i can't fly it....it has to be correct or it bothers me..never had this issue,,thanks for info,im sure this heli was due for a little TLC anyway
Old 09-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check to see if you've 'sprung' your main shaft, or bent the feathering shaft. That'd be me guess.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

the feather shaft and the hub are new..the main gear is new,,the head kinks are new..the main shaft is a solid Micro-heli one..it's a couple years old..it seems fine but.i think i need to start with a new main shaft..i might as well just start with everything new..its worth it to me cause i really like this heli..i learned everything on this heli
Old 09-22-2014, 09:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

well,,im pretty sure i found the vibe issue,,i have had so many flights on this heli i finally wore out the pinion gear on the motor,,it just didn't look good at all,, and it and it had kinda a high pitch sound when i spooled it up,,its been gettin just a bit louder but it flew fine,,i thought it was my main gear,,it wasn't,,the center part of the pinion that touched the main gear was just about gone and in pretty bad shape..i had another motor with the same size pinion and installed it and WOW,,cant believe how smooth and quiet this heli is,,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in