Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default SPM Decoder

I believe there was a chat on the owners thread a while ago about having a decoder for the SPM files. I'm NOT talking about an editor. I set about generating an Excel based system to provide a listing of the critical settings for a model. Attached is my progress so far. It is not comprehensive and it still has some error .... eg not all the gyro options are in there yet also using FMode for gyro gives 4 gyro settings ... not catered for so far. This has been progressed so far for an electric heli and does not include governor or any fixed wing options ...... so far. The included model is the Trex450Pro from the Spektrum site but there are instructions included so that you can insert your own model. It was all done using Office 2007 but the file is saved as .xls .... I hope this will work. Has anyone else gone down this line or does anyone have any suggestions.

Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: xls DX8 Heli Decode.xls (396.0 KB, 214 views)
744drv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey good work! I'm an excel ignoramus but I had no trouble with this. Is there any way to use this as an editor? I realise that's not what you are aiming for but could the process simply be reversed?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spmexcel.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	226027  
outspaced is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2011, 01:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

No not with Excel it is not possible. My knowledge of computing does not extend to producing an editor. I certainly plan to stick to using the transmitter for that purpose.
744drv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2011, 05:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Little Proggie...

I'm working on a program to allow us to edit, see graphically, save copies etc on the SPM files... So far it's bee pretty easy... Still VERY MUCH alpha versions, but I'm happy to make it available for you guys to check out. PM me if you are interested.
Tiaanv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2020, 06:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there a recent version of a tool that can convert/display DX9 SPM files in a pretty readable format so I could attach this output file to my flight log each time a make a flight?
TX Profile Manager did look good, but it dates from 2013 and doesn't run anymore on current PCs?
Is there something similar and recent?
stefaanbolle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in