Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods


mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 777
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Dec 2008
Default

Speaking of the tail, I have the BL main and 120SR tail w/ extended boom. I can do full collective pitch pumps 30+ ft and the tail is rock solid however........when I hover inverted the tail walks consistently. I am beginning to think that the issue may be the FBL controller on the heli and not the tail. If a tail blows out it would do it with consistency and especially during pitch pumps. This issue is only inverted which seems odd. Anyone else have this problem?

This same issue was apparent and reported by many in stock form. Are we attempting to fix a problem that goes deeper than just a motor mod? Time for a beastx……LOL.
__________________
TBS Discovery
Rave 450 FBL - miniVbar
Trex 500 ESP FBL - Beastx
Trex 600 ESP FBL - Beastx
adroc3905 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-01-2011, 12:25 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 166
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Default

Thanks guys,

I allready love this little chopper. Im not even that good in flying =)
I mean I can fly circuits and so on but I s..ck with aerobatics.

I can't resist to do the mod. I even think HH should not even sell this
chopper without brushless ....

They have the technology. I mean come on......

I have search diverent threats for the 120SR tail mod, but I don't find
pictures? I'm capable of copieen the mods but I s..ck in eventing it myself.

grtz.
Olaf
__________________
Aeroplaza
OvdP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2011, 12:49 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,685
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Default

TnT has a video of it here :

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=315509
Nytflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Default

for the 120sr tail mod i used the boom support off of a 250 trex and they come with plastic eye holes so you just cut those off sand down the plastic and it slides into the 120sr boom instead of trying to have to glue a 2 mm boom into a 3mm hole
Crashhappy13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2011, 11:26 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Default

Problem's with my BL conversion I think I burnt 2 control boards.

Board #1 (without 2.2k-ohm resistor)
First flight was good no issues. (no 3d)
Second flight going good then I flipped it inverted and pulled out and I lost all power but the tail went full power. I unplug the battery and then plug the battery back in and the blue LED turns on instantly (stays solid blue) and dose not respond to any inputs from the radio.

Board #2 ( I added a 2.2k-ohm resistor thinking this would solve the above issue)
First flight going good then I flipped it inverted and pulled out and I lost all power but the tail went full power. I unplug the battery and then plug the battery back in and the blue LED turns on after 1 second then stays on for about 5 seconds then shuts off and dose not respond to any inputs from the radio.

Do any of you guy's have any input on my issues? I double and triple checked all my wiring. I have no idea what is going on.
Any help would be great. Thanks
dax12 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dax12 View Post
Problem's with my BL conversion I think I burnt 2 control boards.

Board #1 (without 2.2k-ohm resistor)
First flight was good no issues. (no 3d)
Second flight going good then I flipped it inverted and pulled out and I lost all power but the tail went full power. I unplug the battery and then plug the battery back in and the blue LED turns on instantly (stays solid blue) and dose not respond to any inputs from the radio.

Board #2 ( I added a 2.2k-ohm resistor thinking this would solve the above issue)
First flight going good then I flipped it inverted and pulled out and I lost all power but the tail went full power. I unplug the battery and then plug the battery back in and the blue LED turns on after 1 second then stays on for about 5 seconds then shuts off and dose not respond to any inputs from the radio.

Do any of you guy's have any input on my issues? I double and triple checked all my wiring. I have no idea what is going on.
Any help would be great. Thanks
I guess ...cold solder joint on main power lines to brushless esc? Or problems with the motor windings shorting out..too long motor screws?.. ..my 2c
__________________
Warning this hobby is very addictive and may damage your wealth.
Pigs dont fly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroc3905 View Post
Speaking of the tail, I have the BL main and 120SR tail w/ extended boom. I can do full collective pitch pumps 30+ ft and the tail is rock solid however........when I hover inverted the tail walks consistently. I am beginning to think that the issue may be the FBL controller on the heli and not the tail. If a tail blows out it would do it with consistency and especially during pitch pumps. This issue is only inverted which seems odd. Anyone else have this problem?

This same issue was apparent and reported by many in stock form. Are we attempting to fix a problem that goes deeper than just a motor mod? Time for a beastx……LOL.
Whats your CofG like?
__________________
Warning this hobby is very addictive and may damage your wealth.
Pigs dont fly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigs dont fly View Post
I guess ...cold solder joint on main power lines to brushless esc? Or problems with the motor windings shorting out..too long motor screws?.. ..my 2c
I don't think that's the issue. I put everything back to stock on both boards and it's doing the same thing (not responding to any input) also I'm using the motor screws that came with the motor.
dax12 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Default

so i just finished this brushless setup all the esc and the steve converter are sitting between the 3n1 and the frame have pics up tonight on my mad science wire tuck
Crashhappy13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Default

First, I would like to thank TnT for this awesome conversion. Second, for his many replies with help. Finally, this little bugger is freaking awesome ... I few three packs and the boys were salivating and fighting to be next in line.

Thanks TnT!
swiftyflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #131 (permalink)
Blade Forum Support
 
Posts: 3,663
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftyflyer View Post
First, I would like to thank TnT for this awesome conversion. Second, for his many replies with help. Finally, this little bugger is freaking awesome ... I few three packs and the boys were salivating and fighting to be next in line.

Thanks TnT!

Thank you for the props and I was glad to help out :-). But I don't deserve all the credit their was others who done the mod also. All I did was post what I did becuz I don't mind sharing what I do ;-).

Thank you again.
Have a blessed week

Isaac

Sent from my DROIDX
__________________
Jesus Rep Its all Good,Its all GOD
FPV Everything Now
GOD BLESS
tntburnett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Default

Hear my Brush less mod all done with the help of tnt
you can see the battery plug wire on wrong side check the wire tuck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG000045.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	238055   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG000046.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	238056   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG000047.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	238057   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG000048.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	238058  
Crashhappy13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2011, 07:31 AM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 777
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Dec 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigs dont fly View Post
Whats your CofG like?
Pretty sure that would have no effect on this issue. COG does not influence the tail from walking left or right.

.......its a touch tail heavy.
__________________
TBS Discovery
Rave 450 FBL - miniVbar
Trex 500 ESP FBL - Beastx
Trex 600 ESP FBL - Beastx
adroc3905 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 4,802
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Default

I did the BL and tail motor (sr120) mod. The heli flew great. No tail blown out. I used the alum. tail up grade from MH. It fits perfectly into the main frame and the tail motor housing. A drop of thin CA was used to hold the boom to the main frame and tail motor housing. I also used the sr120 tail blade and cut off 8mm. The stock vertical fin was CA'd onto the motor housing.

The weak point of the alum tail boom is the slot that was cut into the boom. I had a tail-in crash and bent the boom at the slot. I'll insert the 2mm rod further into the boom and I think this will help.

Also, with the higher head speed and after one two many crashes while the heli was in stock form, the main gear now tends to come out of the many shaft. I lost the main gear and lower bearing today. The new lower bearing was replaced with a tiny bit of green loctite to prevent if from coming out.

The BAD news ... the stock battery gives about 3:00 of flight time, max. At about 2:40, the tail does not hold as good as when the battery is fresh. The Nano Tech 300mAh battery is a bit better.

Finally, the new KBDD blade rocks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5283.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	238440   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5282.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	238441  
__________________
Team South Bay/Carson/PV
BenHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2011, 11:17 PM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Default Were can I get one f these elusive pinions.

Guys I have searched hi and low but it is no use. It seems as though this 9t pinion has fallen Off the face of the earth. If anyone knows where I can get one I would really appreciate it.
Derek
Derekm2j is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 03:22 AM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekm2j View Post
Guys I have searched hi and low but it is no use. It seems as though this 9t pinion has fallen Off the face of the earth. If anyone knows where I can get one I would really appreciate it.
Derek
I have 9t pinions. PM me. $5 for two shipped in the US (can ship outside US as well)
__________________
10-Step mCP X Brushless Conversion Tutorial
http://mattbockman.com/?p=6
dksoba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Apr 2010
Default

here is where i grabbed my pinions from http://www.radicalrc.com/search/GW/GM09T3
v00d002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Default

Need some help guys.

Just hooked up the helimax bls motor and esc listed in this thread.

Esc motor wires to motor
Esc battery wires to power on board
esc red to steve red
esc white to steve white
esc black to steve blue
steve yellow to old motor + wire

It powers up but spins the wrong way. Flipping the motor connector and it still spins the wrong way??

I also notice the motor spins at 1 rpm as switching through flight modes does nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.
3d2nv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2011, 07:11 PM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Apr 2010
Default

get your power for the steve strait from the board along with your esc.mine didnt work until i did that
v00d002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2011, 08:06 PM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Default

Also you may need a pull down resistor on the motor plus wire to ground. You can connect ~ 4.7k ohm 1/8w radial resistor in the motor connector.

Good Luck, Don
dbennettya is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply




Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Location
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright © Website Acquisitions Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1