Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Blade Competitor to V/H911

Hello there,

What would be, if any, Blade's competitor to the Hero H911 heli? I have a friend who has the H911, which I think is the same as the V911, and I like it since it seems to be a nice step between a coax and I have and by brand new mCPx2 which I am getting whupped by..

I like Blade helis so I was wondering if there was a Blade competitor to it.. I was thinking maybe the mSR? But it seemed older than the H911.

Any ideas? If not, I guess I'll go with the Hero..
wtf808 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2013, 12:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtf808 View Post
Hello there,

What would be, if any, Blade's competitor to the Hero H911 heli? I have a friend who has the H911, which I think is the same as the V911, and I like it since it seems to be a nice step between a coax and I have and by brand new mCPx2 which I am getting whupped by..

I like Blade helis so I was wondering if there was a Blade competitor to it.. I was thinking maybe the mSR? But it seemed older than the H911.

Any ideas? If not, I guess I'll go with the Hero..
Honestly... Get a nano qx.

This is coming from a guy that doesn't like quads.

spykez is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2013, 06:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 911 whatever is like a blade mSR.

If day get the nano qx also. The mSR self levels.
The nano qx has a switch to be in self level mode or not, technically it's twice the helicopter.
I think the nano qx will last longer in the learning curve and will teach u a lot.
jaybyrd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you read about and set up your radio for beginner settings? Makes life a whole lot easier at first.

Check this, for example:
Links that will help MCPX Newbies

I'd say go for the following order:
1. Leveling the swash
2. Zero pitch setup
3. Beginner settings
4. Mcpx as CP trainer
5. How to push up main gear
6. The rest of them
Old 07-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
Honestly... Get a nano qx.

This is coming from a guy that doesn't like quads.
Ahh, but does a quad like that prepare you for CP flight? I don't know, or is it totally different. That quad does look as cool as heck though!
Old 07-18-2013, 11:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, honestly, the mSR or v911 or any FP 45 degree flybar job are going to be poorer trainers imho.

Ideally yeah, train on a cp and sim if you can. But.. If you're banging up your mcpx you will bang up an mSR and the mSR I think has more parts that will wear out than a nano qx.

Once you get basic orientations down on the nano qx or whatever you choose, then you can ditch it for a nano cp or mcpx or whatever.

Two ways I guess. Jump in the deep end or small steps.

Nano qx is quite cheap and won't be too much of a handful in beginner mode.

spykez is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd say go with the nano qx as well

I started on a mSR, and I didn't like how the flybar will cause excess swaying around, and how banking left and right is different

The nano qx is a lot more neutral without those quirks, and the two modes mean you can have a easy learner that will self stabilise like the mSR in one mode, then at a flick of the switch, you can have something that's agile, doesn't self stabilise, and is a great way to prepare you for flying CP heli
Old 07-19-2013, 12:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Blade Competitor to V/H911

Hmm what radio do you have? If you have the dx6i or better, you can make the mcpx really docile.

Just my personal experience; My interest is in CP helis, and I don't find my MQX (older bigger quad) very enjoyable. Nor can I fly it very well, even tho I tend to avoid the ground. I don't think the skills would transfer any better the other way. If the nqx is even easier to fly, maybe even less so? Looks like fun, tho, but quads are just not for me.

I'm a newb, but I'd say stick to what you want to fly, and learn how to make it as easy as it can be.

Can't help but think this more might be a radio setup issue. Are you using no or negative expo, like "some of us" thought was clever at first? A little expo is your friend. Letting the heli do its thing and just gently persuade it to change directions when its making a run for it might also help. There's tons of starter tip threads that may help too. Try to adjust your radio settings and stick with it for a couple more days before looking for something new, imho. Nudge the sticks, don't push and hold until direction change. By then, you'll have to change directions again.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew v911, it was a heck of a heli with excellent control, and super durable, with none of the TBE stuff that msr has.

Thus in my opinion nano qx is the best heli for you. It has the safe mode that can be turned on and off (even while the copter is on the air). While it is on, it behaves a tad closer to mcx, and msrx when it is off. Sort of two helis (mcx-msrx) in one machine. It really can provide you as a solid stepping stone before you go the cp heli.

And ooh...I think you can fly nano cpx as the v911 ones
Usagi777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have the DX4e from the RTF mCPx2. I'm kinda getting the hang, but its slow going lol..

thanks for the insight, Im considering that DX6i w/ Phoenix sim combo, maybe that will help my mCPx2 skills?
Old 07-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Lightbulb

you want to learn on a cp? get the nano put msr blades on fly it this way for 2 weeks . in 2 weeks put stock blades back on . fly it this way for a month , Ill bet you will be looking to get a bl very soon . try it it worked for this dummy. no joke best thing I did those msr blades make it so easy. but you're getting more stick time , not picking the damn thing up every min witch gets old very fast or just cut 10 mm of stock blades foolproof ,
pert is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmm if you really want to learn cp with mcpx, I strongly suggest to get a controller that can support expo, and dual rate. Get dx6 or better if you can. You can put 70 d/r, with 30 expo, to begin with, and learn how to hover. It will make a different on your learning process.

And yeah..sim will surely help, if you have the patience for it.
Usagi777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtf808 View Post
I have the DX4e from the RTF mCPx2. I'm kinda getting the hang, but its slow going lol..

thanks for the insight, Im considering that DX6i w/ Phoenix sim combo, maybe that will help my mCPx2 skills?
Not in terms of instant miracle, but it will for sure make things more manageable. If you feel you're getting really sucked into flying helis, and plan to stick with it, a sim is something you'll benefit a lot from. Along with a computerized radio for expo and travel adjusts.

I'm a bit hesitant only because I don't like spending other peoples money. That being said, you probably won't regret getting a computerized radio and a sim.

Good to hear you're getting the hang of it. Takes time, so don't worry about it going a bit slow. ... as long as you enjoy the process

Just one newb to another.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 2 cents - go for a Nano QX

Starting out, the Nano QX SAFE mode allows you to spend plenty of time flying and a lot less time crashing. It's like an epic mashup of a coaxial and a fixed pitch bird. Very stable and easy to control but with enough power and performance to keep you interested and let you have some fun. Flip it into Agility mode and now you've got a great "CP hovering" simulator!

Aside from all of the above the Nano QX is a great starter because of its absolute simplicity... the only moving parts you have to worry about are the motors and props. I spent far too much time trying to tune the "toilet bowl effect" out of my mSR or fixing other random quirks from my micro fleet. I'm at least 50 flights in on my Nano QX and all I've had to replace is a single prop.

Flat out - the Nano QX is the most fun I've had from a Blade product yet!!
Aerial pics at http://foosyou.imgur.com
FoosYou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in