Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 05:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Too many new models

Everyone seems to always talk about the next big release from Blade. Personally I wish they would revisit some of their successful existing models instead of spitting out a new model every month. The part racks are overful already at the lhs's. When the mcpx v1 came out I could buy every part at any lhs, now with so many models they are all carrying the bear minimum in parts. One of the biggest appeals of Blade is local support, with so many models crammed on the shelf it's harder to find basic parts which sometimes leaves me sol if I need a simple part that no one has. If the lhs doesn't have parts I need there is no need to go there, if i have to order my parts online anyway, then Blade loses some advantage. Just a thought as the reason I own Blade anything is because the mcpx brought me in to this hobby, the reason I chose mcpx over walkera or anything else is the local parts availability, which is diminishing. One parts rack that at one time held lot's of parts for just a few models now holds very few parts for lots of models.
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

We will slow down soon... I promise.

David
Old 07-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I totally agree. My LHS doesn't have many spare parts anymore. Now if I want something they have to order it. What was once full a rack of spare parts for one heli is now multiple heli parts that I do not need. Of course I bought all of the spare parts, but they restocked with multiple heli parts Blade should revisit some of the older models to redesign/refresh or just make hop up helis. All models need a hop up or 2 so why can't Blade come out with the hop up/redesign for a new model. Get rid of most of the plastic. They are making big pro models, why not smaller heli pro models?
Old 07-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

better motors. better esc , better servos mg, most of all better QC tired of having to buy 3 hoping 1 mite be without problem. a pro 450x bnf. cnc gears not a big order.stop selling those junk motors. you know there junk but you keep shipping them. stop it better QC you wouldnt need all that customer service if your stuff worked more than 30 flights
pert is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have noticed the same thing. my LHS put in more shelves but some of the parts I need they have to order in. I still buy from them they place an order every week and it arrives Thursday, I do miss the days of just the cp and cx and almost every part was on there shelves.

Its becoming harder to decide on the next purchase also too many too chose from and the thought about what will be out next.
Cman is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

For parts I'm online only now. My LHS sucked for heli's before, now even worse. That and they charge more than HH! I am done with Hobbytown USA for good, I placed an order from HH 2 days later than LHS for the same pack and a new charger (LHS didn't want to place an order over the phone), HH Order was at my door in AM same day that LHS called in PM to say it was in. Plus no tax, and the pack was less from HH.

"I do my best looking 3d when trying to avoid a crash!"
Jherison is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same here, my LHSs are stocking MUCH fewer parts due to the breadth of inventory that's coming out. Don't get me wrong, I mostly order online but when I snap a main shaft on my Nano or strip some gears on my 130x, it's super nice to have a place to go where I can get going again, same day. This is less and less the case these days.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

BTW, wanted to clarify that I *really* like the new models that are coming out and my LHS's ability to keep parts stocked isn't HH's issue. I try to avoid my LHS unless it's a dire emergency.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My father got me into this hobby 30 years ago. It was the same back then if not worse. Everything was a kit and only std spares like props and engines and radios were stocked. Everything else was supplies like glue and monokote (forget about helis back then). Anyhow. Just like a previous poster said, only in an emergency. My father always said buy local as much as you can. If you don't the LHS eventually won't be there to even try in an emergency when you need them. I buy as much as I can from my LHS. A few bucks is no big deal in exchange for the luxury to run there on a Saturday afternoon to get going again. I always give them a try if possible for parts and always ask for the part even if I don't see it so they know what they DON'T have in stock that ppl need. Maybe thy will have it for the next guy that stops in.
veevsato is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe View Post

David
Ok, what else is coming? ; )

spykez is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
Ok, what else is coming? ; )
Was wondering exactly this.

Doesnt bother me re: parts availablility at lhs. The closest one to mine specializes only in Traxxas based cars, etc and has some heli stuff. 90% of the time they never have had what I needed. I have to drive 40 miles to Sugarland to find a store with decent inventory.

I usually order online anyway, even that store doesnt stock CC, Scorpion, other custom stuff.

As for many new models, I have what I have and dont have much of a desire anymore for newer stuff (at least for now). I cant fly anything bigger than the 450x nearby without going to a formal field, etc and I dont have the $ for anything bigger either. You get > a 450 series and parts (and crash) costs go way up.

I'll be picking up the new quad though because I want at least one larger fpv capable.
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX18, 07 Harley Road King, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My thoughts exactly. All 3 LHS in my area never have parts for the 300x. When I asked one shop why they never have 300x parts they said nobody buys 300x parts. So everybody must be buying parts online.

I wish Blade would invest in improving their current models instead of blowing resources on coming out with all these new models. A brushless nano would be nice, carbon frame for the 300x is essential (such weak frames), carbon frame for 450x/3D would be awesome too. I also wish blade invested in improving the 130x tail rather than making it more complicated with even more weak points with the Red Bull edition. All the issues with their current micros has me looking elsewhere when the time comes to purchase anything bigger than the 450.

Don't get me wrong, I love blade micro helis. They are what got me into the hobby as well. I just think they could greatly improve on the models that they already have out now rather than push the issues under the rug with new models being released.
OXY 3, LYNX Heli Innovations Team Pilot
Teeyo is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe View Post

David
Nooo! Not until you finish the 180x night rig!
Old 07-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

The attitude of everything we have done is perfect and doesn't need fixing is wrong.

I would like to see pro conversion kits for the 300X and 450X.
jaybyrd is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybyrd View Post
The attitude of everything we have done is perfect and doesn't need fixing is wrong.

I would like to see pro conversion kits for the 300X and 450X.
I prefer an attitude of everything can be improved, even if it's already pretty darn good. They seem to incorporate some fresh ideas in new models, but it's almost always in a new model, and I don't mean "safe" technology. I mean the basics, new bells and whistles are nice but look at ways to improve the airframes, use last years model as a template and see what you can come up with next. I'd probably buy every years new 130 if they were released like that, and would probably update the 450 every other year. There are enough different sizes of Blade helis, what are you going to do next? A cp scout that runs on 70mah packs and can fly inverted circuits in the linen closet?
Old 07-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybyrd View Post
Of course it's wrong - and it's not even close to true.

Early in the CX2 lifecycle we added a metal hub for duability and precision, and we added some electronics to prevent damage during blade strikes.

The 300X started life as addressing the shortcomings of the SR.

mCP X v2 wouldn't exist if we thought that way, nor would the BL.

We make adjustments as running changes without announcing or broadcasting them on many products simply to improve quality. The 130X has seen improvements in assembly and a PCB redesign (to address the main gear rubbing the FET issue). The aforementioned CX2 improvements were done this way too.

If we rapidly released v2, v3, v4 of all our helis, we would drive hobby shops absolutely crazy and would confound customers even more. We see how Walkera seems to do this and we don't want to go down this path.

I could type more, but this already seems like a long post for typing on my phone.
David Eichstedt is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
gtr
Registered Users

I like the v2, v3 and etc. It shows improvements as long as everything is upgradeable everyone is happy.

I love new models. Gives me a reason to buy and try and all part of the fun.
gtr is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well the customer service reps have complete blind faith in the designers n believe all Blades products are perfect n can't be made better, and don't try to show them a flaw, nobody listens.

I have had a 130x, 300x then a 450x fall out of the sky on me, they could all use fixing.

As much as I hate flybars the SR was way more reliable than the 300c in my expirience n maybe as powerful or close when tuned up.

What I'm getting at is it would be nice to see Blade revisit years past models and find ways to revitalize it, Pro 450 and 300 kits!

No offense but if you look here in the subsections you can determine the general flaws of the different models. That's always a good starting point!
Old 07-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Double post.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzo View Post
Nooo! Not until you finish the 180x night rig!
WHAT? Really have you heard about one?

I agree with the OP, I wish they would check there stuff out better, better QC, Stop sending out problem models, make sure all the LHS and online suppliers have stock in for everything they already sell first before making new models.

We all enjoy new models and sure everyone else comes out with new stuff but it seems blade is announcing something new every other week

Epoweredrc is online now        Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in