Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default v200d03 batteries

Since the battery mounts on top of a tray, which battery sizes should fit for this helicopter? I'm wondering if 1000 and 1100 will fit. I have the stock 1200 from my v400, but afraid it might be too heavy. I'm going to get some 850s for now to be safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 12:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by inner3 View Post
Since the battery mounts on top of a tray, which battery sizes should fit for this helicopter? I'm wondering if 1000 and 1100 will fit. I have the stock 1200 from my v400, but afraid it might be too heavy. I'm going to get some 850s for now to be safe.
Depends on the weight. I'm using some gens ace 1000mah 25c and waiting on some 850mah 20c gens ace is a lighter battery compare to 1000s.
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I just ordered the gens ace 1000 mah also today because my order at Hobby King is still unprepared. Guess only order from them if you can wait...and I ordered from the US warehouse. So ordered some batts from xheli because I know they are quick, should hopefully be in the same day as the heli so I can fly. I have an adapter so I won't have to solder plugs. Any other ideas on batteries that use the correct connector? I have the yellow adapter so I really like getting the nano-techs, but HK is being slow like a funeral procession.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I just ordered the gens ace 1000 mah also today because my order at Hobby King is still unprepared. Guess only order from them if you can wait...and I ordered from the US warehouse. So ordered some batts from xheli because I know they are quick, should hopefully be in the same day as the heli so I can fly. I have an adapter so I won't have to solder plugs. Any other ideas on batteries that use the correct connector? I have the yellow adapter so I really like getting the nano-techs, but HK is being slow like a funeral procession.
I would also like try batteries banana hobby has with have a very high C rating 40C & 55C they charge a lot for shipping. The banana hobby heli matrix 250R they use a 850mah 55C but they use a totally different plug. The helircstore should have parts this week for the v200D03. The last time ordered some 950 batteries from HK it took over 3 weeks. Hobbypartz & xheli is only about 20 miles from me but know will-call.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, those stores are like 2500 miles from me so I can't go to will call...you're lucky. How are the gens ace batteries? I hope HK doesn't take 3 freaking weeks, if so that will be my last order from them. I'll check to see the status and then email them. Probably won't do any good. But I want results.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

how heavy are the stock vs gen ace?

hyperion makes 3S 850mah (69g) and 1100mah (89g) in 25c, 35c and 45c.. might want to check them out.. they are a little more expensive but still cheaper than buying stock battery
http://www.allerc.com/batteries-lith...-c-3_4_93.html

i wonder if a 35 or 45c battery would matter in this heli? don't think it would give more runtime would it? just provide more power draw if the motor needed it, so probably overkill for the stock motor.
sebo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the stock batteries are 80 grams.. i think. But with the hyperion won't i need to make my own connectors? I've done soldering work but do not won't to do solder on batteries!
Old 02-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes the wire come prepared and ready for what ever connector you chose.. it's very easy and safe if you do one wire at a time while keeping the other protected

if stockers are 80g that means the 850 hyperion would shave off over 10grams of weight.. personally i'd probably get the 1100mah for much added runtime and only 9g heavier. you'd be getting a much longer lasting battery too.

looking at the Gen ace 1000mah its almost 10g heavier than hyperion 1100mah
Old 02-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeah, I don't think I want to solder my own wires to something that could shock and awe me. But I have an 1100 batter from my v400 that I will try just for shits and giggles to see how it handles the weight.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

The stock battery is 72g. I'ts easy with the larger wires an I used the 3.5mm banana connectors those are stock connectors. Mine few great with GA 1000mah battery.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's what i was hoping to hear. maybe I should cancel my order at HK and just get more of the gens ace. I'll see how my adapter works first but that might be the battery I stock up on. Or just get a thunder power. haha, 40 bucks for a battery
Old 02-28-2012, 01:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
The stock battery is 72g. I'ts easy with the larger wires an I used the 3.5mm banana connectors those are stock connectors. Mine few great with GA 1000mah battery.
is hobbypartz weigh listing correct for the Gen Ace? they have good reviews it seems but seem to be a lot heavier than other batteries of similar capacity.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I received the GA 800mah 20C an they are about the size of the stock battery. They weight 70.5g alittle less than stock. I don't want to pay almost $20 for a battery. The hyperions are good but I will stick with the GA for $6.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was going to ask how long it took to get the batteries but I forget you live near hobbypartz. Ordered some batteries from xheli but found they shipped the wrong ones. THey sent 2s batteries. i sent an email and hopefully they can fix the problem.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

anyone hear of the superTigre batteries? They have them in atlanta and I could have them for when my v200 arrives.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Xheli, Hobbypartz & nitro planes are probably the same people look at there address Banana Hobby is also in the same area. Waiting on Bob from helircstore to get his parts for the v200 should be this week. I don't know what happen to Wow parts they have been selling this heli for awhile. MM should have there parts also around the first of March. They usually have certain heli parts cheaper than most vendors an are great to deal with.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Spoke to them today (wow). They had like 200 batteries last shipment and sold them all that quick. That's busy. They also said in about two weeks they will have tons of parts for the v200d03!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Spoke to them today (wow). They had like 200 batteries last shipment and sold them all that quick. That's busy. They also said in about two weeks they will have tons of parts for the v200d03!
They told me that 3 weeks ago probably helircstore will get them first.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

After my two emails to Hobby King they shipped my batteries so maybe I'll have them next week. Also ordered a battery from RTF because they get stuff in fast, should be here by Friday I think, that is their usual time since it shipped this morning. Also ordered a couple of the batteries from Banana Hobby to check them out. The shipping didn't bother me because a bunch of people are charging a lot for the shipping weight for batteries, kind of stinks but what ever. If only there were so many options for the mini cp. Going to try finding the 300mah batteries mentioned in a different thread. Can't wait for tomorrow, since rain is coming I might cancel my training in Atlanta so I can do set-up...or go to Atlanta early and fly in the gymnasium if no one is around before class!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:57 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
After my two emails to Hobby King they shipped my batteries so maybe I'll have them next week. Also ordered a battery from RTF because they get stuff in fast, should be here by Friday I think, that is their usual time since it shipped this morning. Also ordered a couple of the batteries from Banana Hobby to check them out. The shipping didn't bother me because a bunch of people are charging a lot for the shipping weight for batteries, kind of stinks but what ever. If only there were so many options for the mini cp. Going to try finding the 300mah batteries mentioned in a different thread. Can't wait for tomorrow, since rain is coming I might cancel my training in Atlanta so I can do set-up...or go to Atlanta early and fly in the gymnasium if no one is around before class!
I have almost all the batteries for my mini. A 400mah linear, hyperion 240, xtreme 240, v100d03 350, an double brushless 350 25C battery. I will be off tomorrow so I'll get a chance to see which battery I like the best for the mini. Oh they also have 300mah linear battery which are hard to find. I did order the BH 850mah 55C battery. So now I will have enough batteries for V200 Ilike the size of the GA 800 20C about the size of the stock one but weight less by 1g+. The 1000mah weight more but it flew great with them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in