Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Exi 450 Head

Just got my 450 head on today. Quite a bit of work for a beginner in helis like myself but got it all together and got the pitch set in about as good as I can for now, still waiting on swashplate level. Took it out flew it a little and this being my second day with this heli im still pretty bad. Tipped a little far and hit a blade on the sidewalk, checked it over and it looked fine. Tried to fly it again and one of the wooden blades flew off and turned the flybar on the one side into a horseshoe. CF blades are on the way...I think the wood broke because I had to take the plastic supports off to get it in the 450 head.

So is there a place to get 160mm flybars? Everything on ebay is like 220+ that I could find.
tjb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi tjb1.

I guess you learned your lesson, but never ever modify a blade. Imagine that thing comming off at full speed and hitting someone. Stick with carbon blades if you can or make sure you are within the RPM limits when using a woodie.

Why do you want a shorter 160mm flybar ? Isnīt the standard one for your EXI head 220mm ? a longer flybar makes for a more stable heli, so I would stick with that.

After your heli tipped over, chances are that your feathering shaft and mainshaft also bent. Do check those before flying again.

And here is a little trick to level your swash while waiting for your proper swashleveler to arrive.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUAluAxRi4Q[/ame]

RC Heli Lounge on Discord : https://discord.gg/92HmhxWK
Tjomp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2011, 03:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

It didnt tip over, the the tip of the blade hit the sidewalk. I have homemade training supports on it. Feathering shaft and main shaft are fine, only thing that happened was the fly bar got bent. I measured it and from tip of paddle to paddle it was about 12". I noticed it was a ton easier to fly with this shorter fly bar then the one standard on a Belt CPX.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

12 inches is about 300mm. I wouldnīt be surprised if you find that the rod without the paddles measures 220mm.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My assumption would be that it was a ton easier to fly because you have installed the EXI head. Less slop than the e-sky head, so feels more responsive and less pitching up and down in the wind - not just because of the different flybar!!

I too am surprised to hear your feathering shaft survived. It can happen, but is rare. All depends how it went in and if the motor was still under load with throttle. Best to keep a supply of shafts in stock anyway, as they always tend to get damaged even with the slightest dink. Maybe you were lucky this time?

Easiest way to tell is to remove the main blades and use a hex key to rotate one of the screws into the f.shaft. You may notice the other blade grip moving up and down as you rotate the shaft. Most accurate way to check is remove the f.shaft and then roll it on a peice of glass/mirror or any flat surface. If bent you will see a gap as it rolls along or hear it click.
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2011, 12:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

Got to level swashplate today and found out main shaft is bent...anyone have a list of what works with the Belt CPX/EXI 450 head? Also, not sure on feathering shaft yet but what works for that also?
Old 09-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Look in the belt cp super sticky for the exact matches but I was using a Align mainshaft with mine and you just had to flip it over to make it work right.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by copterboy View Post
I too am surprised to hear your feathering shaft survived. It can happen, but is rare. All depends how it went in and if the motor was still under load with throttle. Best to keep a supply of shafts in stock anyway, as they always tend to get damaged even with the slightest dink. Maybe you were lucky this time?
+1

When spinning blades make contact with anything, the feathering shaft will nearly always bend....quickly followed by the mainshaft. I wouldn't be suprised if you also damaged those wooden blades as well...the damage isn't always visible. That could well be why the blade flew off...although it could equally be due to the plastic being removed....or both.

Unfortunately, small contacts nearly always mean replacement parts, as damage can often be invisible. I know it sounds drastic, but the stresses and forces on these things at 1800 rpm and upwards is incredible....and they can be very dangerous.

Still, it sounds like you are making progress and learning quickly! Keep it up and keep posting; the guys in here are very knowledgable and love helping out. I can't promise you'll get a lot of helpful sense from me, but the others are great!
Old 09-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
I can't promise you'll get a lot of helpful sense from me, but the others are great!
You arenīt making sense right there.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjomp View Post
I rest my case!
Old 09-01-2011, 02:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjomp View Post
+1 (and lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
I rest my case!
Lol

Jonny
Old 09-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

Flybar is fine, ordered another Belt CPX main shaft just for the collar and I have a 5mm carbon fiber solid rod on the way so I am gonna custom make the main shaft.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in