Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rabid121
  • 1 Post By GimpyGolden

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2020, 06:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default From 600SE to 600

dear folks,
I have been flying with my Logo 600SE for at least 4 years and now I want to shrink it to 6S setup from 12s.
my present setup is:

Motor: Scorpion HK5020-450
ESC: Jive 80 HV +
Servos: Sav÷x 2271SG, 2272MG

my question is; with only changing to shorter boom, belt, and 600 blades as well as tail blades, can it be efficient by still using this motor and esc to 6s setup heli?
hotroad79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2020, 07:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

i've done a similar step some years ago... and i guess you will have to change motor kV and/or Esc.

even with M1 106/15 this motor will not be able for a hs much more than 1300-1400max... for 6s use you'll probably need (depending on flying style) more something like 650-950kV plus matching gearing. any tuner will do this for you.

one downside of 6S are (much) higher amps... once again depending on flying style. so your esc could be at risk.... hard to say. any good 100A-120A 6S esc could be the solution.

dont take me wrong... i could not be happier with my 6S 600SX... my all-day-flyer... one battery only, flying great. but i've switched over to different motor and esc.

Ciao
Michael

btw: dont forget the the tail control pushrod. boom support is ok iirc to let enough tail blade clearing... or else hor.stabilizer can be removed too.
hotroad79 likes this.

Last edited by Rabid121; 03-06-2020 at 10:19 AM..
Rabid121 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2020, 08:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

thank you Michael
"i could not be happier with my 6S 600SX" is fare enough for me
I am highly eager now to make such changes...
hotroad79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2020, 11:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroad79 View Post
dear folks,
I have been flying with my Logo 600SE for at least 4 years and now I want to shrink it to 6S setup from 12s.
my present setup is:

Motor: Scorpion HK5020-450
ESC: Jive 80 HV +
Servos: Sav÷x 2271SG, 2272MG

my question is; with only changing to shorter boom, belt, and 600 blades as well as tail blades, can it be efficient by still using this motor and esc to 6s setup heli?

Your current setup is good to run on 690 and 6S. Go 14 or 15 tooth and you will be in good spot.

14-1600 is plenty on such light 690 and you have good torque with that motor to hold RPM. don't need as much overhead on Jive Gov. I would set it to 80%, unless Jive Pro then 90%
Freeskiken likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in